IGNORED

2023 FedEx Cup Playoffs

jxdama

Did not see a single shot today but WOW did that leaderboard get shaken up.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, IceMike said:

Hoping Rory is ok tbh but im wanting Fitzpatrick to take this. Hes not had an amazing year but hes quickly becoming one of my favorites. 

I know most dont seem keen on the starting offset but considering Rory and Scottie didnt have a great round one I think it could make for an interesting weekend.

Not going to comment on easy/hard i could have a tube straight to the hole and still shoot +50

Fitzy is definitely one of my favorites, but Morikawa is starting to really play well as is Hovland. I hope Rory is okay too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 8/22/2023 at 10:11 PM, iacas said:

-1 LOL

If Scottie gets his putting squared away I think we will see something we haven't seen in a while and that's a true dominating player. He's finished in the top 5 for how long now and with not so good putting.  I think it was like -2. something in strokes gained putting. That Gomer Pyle looking kid is only 27 and has won what 21 million dollars this year. Collin has given proof that it's anyone's for the taking. I had it in my mind that -4 would be about as far back as you could be to have a good chance. Great first round. Good to see Tommy Fleetwood way down the leaderboard. Hoping high shoulders falls back. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

They should tee off earlier to beat the heat. I know they have a TV window, but flex it, tape delay a few hours, etc. Tee times span from 11:26 am to 2:00 pm EST. Which means they play in the hottest part of the day, ending around 6:00 pm. Back it up 3 or 4 hours. The West coast might bark, but oh well. 

Commentators were implying that Scheffler was having issues with the heat. Odd. A Texan having trouble with the heat and his playing partner from Norway isn’t. No way. 

8 hours ago, jxdama said:

No, im Tige, never  mind. Match play would  make this so much better. They must  have  picked the  3 easiest  kiddie  courses they could find  for this  joke. Playoffs should  be harder than the reg season and force  players to make  difficult  shots.

The players are obviously good, but the courses are not particularly interesting, even if we ignore the scores. Very typical PGAT parkland courses. I like the holes with water and some extra elements, but mostly it’s grass and scattered trees. A lot of the holes this week are almost dead straight.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

6 hours ago, Onin2 said:

They should tee off earlier to beat the heat. I know they have a TV window, but flex it, tape delay a few hours, etc. Tee times span from 11:26 am to 2:00 pm EST. Which means they play in the hottest part of the day, ending around 6:00 pm. Back it up 3 or 4 hours. The West coast might bark, but oh well. 

I would love them to adjust the timing it ran from 5pm-11pm for me in the UK which is peak family time and none of them want golf on the tv. I can manage an hour or two at the beginning and catch the last hour but the rest is catchup.

If they shift it earlier i can watch in peace whilst i work in an empty house

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

6 hours ago, Zeph said:

A lot of the holes this week are almost dead straight

Well that’s the hardest shot to hit in golf.🤪

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well that’s the hardest shot to hit in golf.🤪

Hehe, yeah, but you don’t have to hit it straight. 🙃

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 hours ago, Zeph said:

Hehe, yeah, but you don’t have to hit it straight. 🙃

IMG_4275.thumb.jpeg.bea1812a73c40fa096e5922492e4a43c.jpeg🙄

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Can still curve it there, but the pouty Spaniard would be in trouble.

• Funny 1

Viktor is dialed in today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

He has a great head for golf. That’s been my impression since watching him win the US Amateur.

I didn’t need this weather delay. The later tee times already pushed the finish to 1AM and now it’ll be even later. I think I’ll head to bed. Maybe I can avoid spoilers and watch it tomorrow morning.

Barring a total collapse by Hovland the cup is his.  I do not see Schauffele gaining 5 strokes in 10 holes.

Edited by StuM
Corrected spelling of Schauffele’s name

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Viktor has got this.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Spoke too soon?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Ok I want Viktor to win because Xander plays way too slow!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Jim Nance is trying to downplay it, but it’s 18 frickin’ million dollars for the winner. Geez. That’s a lot of money.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Nance

Scott…

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets