IGNORED

What Is Temu, and Have You Used it?

ChetlovesMer

Every time I open The Sand Trap I get a banner on top for Temu. 
Looks like an on-line version of a combination of a Five-And-Below Store and a Chinese Wal-mart. 

Anyone ever order from them? 
Success? ... Failure? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I don't know, except that I've only gotten a lot of spam with Temu in the subject.

Ads are mildly personalized (less so for me with iCloud Private Relay), so you may not be seeing what others are seeing @ChetlovesMer. That's why you also see all those ads for blow-up "friends" and math tutoring books. 🤣

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

That's why you also see all those ads for blow-up "friends" and math tutoring books. 🤣

Laughing.gif.6c5a1de35003b2ac1a554d8fba7d4178.gif

Wish I could do a haha reaction :-$

Temu ads drive me nuts. See them everywhere.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Every time I open The Sand Trap I get a banner on top for Temu. 
Looks like an on-line version of a combination of a Five-And-Below Store and a Chinese Wal-mart. 

Anyone ever order from them? 
Success? ... Failure? 

My wife has used it quite a few times - most of it is 2nd / 3rd tier level quality,  they shrink wrap and bundle everything.  You don’t have to worry about boxes.  I’m still trying to figure if anything sporting goods related is really worth it.  Figuring most to be name brand knockoffs and/or outright counterfeit.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Do not tell those that advertise on this site, but I am really really good at ignoring adds.  Never even noticed Temu, but that does not meet they have not been available to see.

I googled them for "reviews" (see below).  Now 1 link does not equate to fact, but BBB rates them 2 out of 5 starts is not a good start.  Also the comment "Many recent complaints about Temu on the BBB website say that items never arrived or, if they did, took weeks or even months to arrive." in the BBB link does not instill confidence.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 1 month later...

This showed up on my banner today.

t type circle golf club putter cover golf club head covers golf accessories golf supplies at the lowest price at Temu. Free shipping and returns on Sports & Outdoors on sale at Temu.

In all seriousness, isn't this just a straight up rip off? 

I felt like I was violating some kind of trademark law by just clicking on it. 

There was one of those consumer reports from a news station in Orlando saying that Temu was famous for data stealing.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

4 hours ago, snapfade said:

There was one of those consumer reports from a news station in Orlando saying that Temu was famous for data stealing.

How interesting. 

You know what they say, if it seems to good to be true. It probably is. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I have purchased from them.  Several small items at very low price.  Got what I wanted but the amount of emails and texts drove me nuts so I unsubscribed.  Figured if I found something else I wanted on their site, could do same process all over.  

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

28 minutes ago, RickK said:

Yes, I have purchased from them.  Several small items at very low price.  Got what I wanted but the amount of emails and texts drove me nuts so I unsubscribed.  Figured if I found something else I wanted on their site, could do same process all over.  

Same here. Like a damn spam virus. Maybe just a coincidence but after downloading the app and ordering something my spam phone calls and text messages jumped significantly. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 7:56 PM, Vinsk said:

Same here. Like a damn spam virus. Maybe just a coincidence but after downloading the app and ordering something my spam phone calls and text messages jumped significantly. 

FWIW, I ordered something else from them and the items were delivered yesterday. Great prices on what I purchased. As soon as package arrived, I again deleted the app and unsubscribed yet again. 

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

TEMU is owned by the same company as TikTok. ByteDance. Definitely will share your data.

They also spent so much money on those Super Bowl ads and they were terrible. 

Michael