IGNORED

New Edel Array Putters

• Administrator

I'm interested, though I wouldn't classify it as wildly so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No idea what is going on there. Also, what is up with the that video quality. I feel like i am watching something from 15 years ago. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

No idea what is going on there. Also, what is up with the that video quality. I feel like i am watching something from 15 years ago. 

Retro

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Almost looks like they're going to allow consumers (or maybe just fitters) to "build" their own putters? Or at least make certain components swappable so that someone could test multiple different "putters" while only having to own one "kit" rather than owning like 10 individual putters.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, klineka said:

Almost looks like they're going to allow consumers (or maybe just fitters) to "build" their own putters? Or at least make certain components swappable so that someone could test multiple different "putters" while only having to own one "kit" rather than owning like 10 individual putters.

Yeah, it looks like the back magnetically clicks on to the face, and the hosels magnetically click into the heads… or something.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Edel Golf Array Putters were engineered for adjustability and total putter customization. With four different head shapes, four interchangeable hosels, and multiple alignment and weighting options; now you can confidently roll...

These look like nice additions to the line, but there's a lot I don't know. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 1/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, klineka said:

Well that video doesn't give you much :-D But that's how Edel fittings at least for the torque balanced putter have been for years now. The fitter comes with a kit with sets of shafts, hozels, heads, weights, alignment markings and grips. I don't remember what's magnetic and what snaps or screws together, but they're all interchangeable. The long part of the fitting is interchanging hozels and heads, shifting left-right bias, offset and head position, loft, and eyelines/looks, etc. All that is done with a little magnetic mirror stuck on the face. You line up your putter at the laser pointer set up the same height off the ground as the mirror. Then when you're aimed they turn on the laser and you see how left/right and up/down you are. The shifting of most of the pieces causes surprisingly large shifts in where your aim biases. Leveraging Arccos and meticulous marking of flag positions and first putt point I saw that I gained almost 2 strokes putting after getting the Edel putter. That's my putter for life!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator

I think this image shows it pretty well:

GolfArrayF-1EdelWireframe_750x.jpg?v=170

I think I'm done.

The wedges are still great.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think I'm done.

Ah boo... What am I going to do if I ever need a new putter? 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

GolfArrayF-1EdelWireframe_750x.jpg?v=170

I think I'm done.

Just the look of it?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think I'm done.

Yea, I am probably out on their putters for a while. Not sure I am into this modular build stuff. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, mdl said:

Just the look of it?

No.

Just how limited it all is.

From what I have dug up, the parts screw together and there are a few custom, weighting and so forth, options that a fitter would try out on you. It doesn't look like its some sort of kit you tinker with at home. The do offer extra alignment plates if you choose to purchase. I'll stick with my Scotty. Video shows the fitting kit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Hmm.... This doesn't feel nearly as comprehensive as their old way. 

I know I'm not alone in saying the fitting process Edel used to have was what set their putters apart from every other putter in the world. 

This, to my eye, looks a lot less comprehensive. 

Maybe I'm wrong. But I will say I'm glad the Edel putter I have is from 2 generations ago. To me it felt like that putter was built for me. This looks like it would be more customized for me. 

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Hmm.... This doesn't feel nearly as comprehensive as their old way. 

I know I'm not alone in saying the fitting process Edel used to have was what set their putters apart from every other putter in the world. 

This, to my eye, looks a lot less comprehensive. 

Maybe I'm wrong. But I will say I'm glad the Edel putter I have is from 2 generations ago. To me it felt like that putter was built for me. This looks like it would be more customized for me. 

That's why I might be done with their putters. I tried the EAS line, but… I don't even really recommend it to people. Three hosels? C'mon.

I've honestly never been fit for a putter outside my Edel. So I don't have great comparison points. All I know is the one I got fit for 2-3 years ago turned my putting from a big weakness into the strongest part of my game where I only lose 1.2 strokes versus scratch per round! I cant' imagine ever changing putters! So I'm biased towards giving them the benefit of the doubt that their fitting system will continue to be awesome. I'm taking my inference from my outdated n=1 sample and sticking with it 😆

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

2 hours ago, iacas said:

That's why I might be done with their putters. I tried the EAS line, but… I don't even really recommend it to people. Three hosels? C'mon.

That's kind of too bad. 

I think they had something pretty unique with their older product and the way it was built. 

• iacas changed the title to New Edel Array Putters