IGNORED

Jon Rahm Regretting LIV Move?

Vinsk

Jon Rahm would give back his LIV Golf riches and return to the PGA Tour in a heartbeat, according to a report...

I still don’t understand his repeated claims of, ‘this wasn’t/isn't for the money’ when he hasn’t given any other good reason why he went to LIV.  Greed kiddo. You’re not fooling anyone but yourself.

Edited by Vinsk
Title change

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No surprise if true. He wasn’t like Phil fading into the sunset…his career had so much legacy potential, which in mind, he sold out for dirty money. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Greed kiddo

Greedo!

• Funny 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don’t remember the source now but I read something about how he thought that him being a high profile player in his prime would have moved the needle more than it has. I assume he thought he could have his cake and eat it, too.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well he bet on having his cake and eating it too but the merger didn't/hasn't happened. Jay Mohammed has screwed him over. 

Vishal S.

Greedy and selfish Greg Norman will never acquiesce to changing the ridiculous 3-day/Shotgun/no-cut that is only one of the downsides of LIV GOLF. 

LIV GOLF: It may be boring as hell, but it’s louder!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to Jon Rahm Regretting LIV Move?

LIV is the place where golf careers go to die. Early retirement for a fat paycheck. Bryson DeChambeau is the only guy that seems to have made it work for him. Plays well in the majors and has a big YouTube following. I don't think he has any regrets, but I'm sure he would be happy to play more PGAT events if he could.

4 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

LIV is the place where golf careers go to die. Early retirement for a fat paycheck. Bryson DeChambeau is the only guy that seems to have made it work for him. Plays well in the majors and has a big YouTube following. I don't think he has any regrets, but I'm sure he would be happy to play more PGAT events if he could.

I think the YouTube Golf concept is going to keep growing. There are already several YouTube golfers who have more ‘success’ than a good chunk of LIV players. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Archie Bunker said:

Brooks won a major and nearly won others.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do I think that the PGA Tour puts players through tougher tests? Yes. But is also a case by case basis. Players may be like Brooks and Bryson are doing enough on their own time to compensate for the LIV format. But if a PGA Tour player isn’t doing enough on their own time that they are probably not gonna succeeded either and probably more so.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, DavidBedwetter said:

Rahm just came out and said the report by Jaime Diaz that he was unhappy with LIV is total BS.   

Why should we believe Rahm? He’s lied to us before about not going to LIV.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 8/16/2024 at 4:00 PM, woodzie264 said:

No surprise if true. He wasn’t like Phil fading into the sunset…his career had so much legacy potential, which in mind, he sold out for dirty money. 

Who is this "Phil" you speak of??????

9 hours ago, DavidBedwetter said:

Rahm just came out and said the report by Jaime Diaz that he was unhappy with LIV is total BS.   

So he is doubling down on his bad decision!!!!

"He thought his stature in the game was secure no matter where he was playing, and it was a bad miscalculation."

So just like golf, you shot your shot and sometimes you miss!

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Why should we believe Rahm? He’s lied to us before about not going to LIV.

You never know.  But I'd tend to believe someone who says he's not unhappy for being handed a half billion dollars to play golf for a couple of years.  I know it wouldn't upset me very much.

2 hours ago, DavidBedwetter said:

You never know.  But I'd tend to believe someone who says he's not unhappy for being handed a half billion dollars to play golf for a couple of years.  I know it wouldn't upset me very much.

Well, if you spoke ‘ill’ of your position in a new company and criticized an aspect of their methods ( 3day/Shotgun/No Cut) and your bosses were Greg Norman and Al-Rumayyan…it wouldn’t surprise me if he back-tracked his statement rather quickly.🫣

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DavidBedwetter said:

I think these guys want to make money, I mean who doesn't. However I think once they realize they are no longer relevant their ego takes a hit.
Once they realize they have tarnished their legacy and no longer have the potential to be "one of the greats", there is a little regret.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

3 hours ago, DavidBedwetter said:

He certainly didn’t look happy during any of the majors.

Scott

My Swing Thread