IGNORED

How Many Courses Have You Played?

I have played 136 courses in 11 countries

My top 5:

1) Twenty Ten Course, Celtic Manor, 2) Royal Portrush, 3) Rosapenna - Sandy Hills, 4) Portstewart Golf Club 5) Turtle Bay - Palmer Course

Edited by FinTurma
  • Upvote 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I save a logo ball from courses I play. I keep my scores on the computer so can tell how many different courses I have played,

1. How many courses have you played?   934 courses and have 880 logo balls (not all courses have logo balls)
2. How many states/countries does that cover? 50 states and 24 countries. This includes North America, South America, Europe, Asia and African continents.
3. Do you collect anything from each course you visit?  a logo ball and my scorecard.

• Upvote 1

On Monday, September 29, 2014 at 6:26 AM, chipper2 said:

I have played 851 course in all 50 states and have played in 21 countries (U.S.A., Thailand, England, Canada, Bahamas, Slovakia, France, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia, Mexico, Netherlands, U.A.E., Spain, Morocco, Portugal, Vietnam, Japan, and Puerto Rico.

Earlier this year I finished my quest when I play Wildhorse Resort in Pendleton, ID.

I save a logo ball from each course (if they have them). At present I have 796 balls displayed in 8 100-ball racks.

Jesus, how old are you, 211?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I don't know, but I do have a pencil and a scorecard from every course. image.jpg

So ... that many.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...

Hi Gunther, FYI I am 73 heading for 74 in early 2017. I am semi-retired and do travel some on business to which I add free time to test out the local courses where ever I am. My score now is 889 logo balls from 943 courses played. I added 3 more countries - Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. I have trips in the works that will add several more in 2017.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chipper2 said:

Hi Gunther, FYI I am 73 heading for 74 in early 2017. I am semi-retired and do travel some on business to which I add free time to test out the local courses where ever I am. My score now is 889 logo balls from 943 courses played. I added 3 more countries - Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. I have trips in the works that will add several more in 2017.

God bless you!

My totals pale compared to chipper2 but my best guess is somewhere in the 40-50 range on courses played, the large majority in Texas plus 1 in New Mexico, 1 in Colorado, in Jamaica and the island of St. Thomas. Pretty sure I'm missing some; I keep my scorecard and pencil for each round played.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't visited this site in some time. I see I made post #15 on this thread in 2008. I have now played more than 750 courses. I have logo balls from more than 500 that I've played and have photographed almost 500 courses. Here's a link to some of my golf course photos. Theay are listed alphabetically except for the first few which I most recently photographed.

sabram's golf course photos

• 1 month later...

Over 120 combining US, England and Ireland 

few top 10 PV, Shinnecock, Oakmont, Merion

Remember each one as I buy a ball marker from every course.

I have only played about 100 golf courses but I have been lucky to play some of the best. Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, Muirfield, Troon, Seminole, Oakland Hills (both), Harbor Town, Trump National (Doral), World Woods (both), Shadow Creek and I know I'm missing some. That being said, I have enjoyed playing some of the lesser know courses more than the ones that I have mentioned above.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I just counted the NorCal courses I've played.  138.  A few are no longer with us.  Favorite:  Pasatiempo   2nd Favorite:  San Francisco Golf Club.  Pebble Beach is on the bucket list.  

I'd estimate it's in the 40-50 course range, mostly in the Carolinas.  Some of my favorites have been:

Caledonia- Pawleys Island, SC

Thornblade- Greenville, SC

Stono Ferry- Charleston, SC

Rocky River- Concord, NC

The Walker Course- Clemson, SC

• 4 weeks later...

Since we started not too long ago

1. many courses have you played?   About 30. We repeat a few favorites quite often
2. How many states/countries does that cover? Mainly in Japan, but occasionally Asia (Malaysia,Thailand)
3. Do you collect anything from each course you visit?  Nothing in particular but a 1-18 hole video if they allow. 

I have been playing for over 40 years,  Played in all the provinces except Newfoundland.  Played in Myrtle Beach and the PeeDee Swamp Fox area and have played over 50 courses there. Some are no longer there even lol.  Played in Hawaii on Maui at the Dunes there and I have played in Maine.  I have  played in Washington and in Florida.  But having been an Ontario child of god and and now a relocated New Brunswick senior,  I have these pretty much blanket covered. I used to collect Bag tags. Too noisy on the bags clacking away. If I really like a new course, I will keep a score card.  My calculated totals are up over  300.   No bucket lists any more.  But I will get to Ireland in the next couple of years and play one at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bumping this thread because I went through the exercise of counting up all the courses I can remember ever playing the other day. 

1) 41 Golf Courses in total

2) States include: Texas, Colorado, Montana, California and will be adding Alabama this summer. Countries include: USA, Mexico, Aruba, Scotland

3) The more prestigious courses or courses that mean something special to me I try and find a golf ball with a logo to showcase in my office at home. 

I have a spreadsheet that I keep a list of every course I've played. Right now I'm at 303. Hopefully add a few more to that this year. I have played over 100 courses in the US and in England. I've also played in Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Barbados. I'm unlikely to add to my country count in the near future I suspect.