JYB

What Did You Buy on Your Last Trip to the Golf Store?

2,967 posts / 211645 viewsLast Reply

I bought a new shaft for my Cobra Amp Cell Pro driver on Ebay.  I'm not a really big hitter, but the stock Kuro Kage stiff looks "spinny" to my eye and the word on the street seems to confirm that (I've been playing it set to 7.5 degrees and it still balloons and no roll out!).

So...I ended up buying the same Kuro Kage shaft in X-flex!  Mainly because it was <$20 shipped with grip and adapter (gotta love new take-off parts).  Cobra says the X-flex version is the only one with a high kick-point so in theory it should help, as long as it can handle my 99 mph swing!

last couple trips - I got a Sun Mountain C-130 14 way stand bag, a dozen Bridgestone B330 RX balls and a Cleveland Classic 10 half mallet putter - just liked the way it felt and I wanted a second putter for when it just feels like a change. 

2 boxes of Top-Flite Gamers and a couple of new club grips

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just bought some shaft glue to glue on some awesome used Mizuno golf heads I won off of eBay. Plus some grip tape and solvent because I'm nuts about changing grips every year.

2 Lamkin crossline grips. Almost bought a Cleveland smart square putter. If i had the wife would have killed me!

A couple sweaters (Greg Norman) at a very nice discount and waterproof jacket for our son.  I had some certificates left from tournament play and we used them.