IGNORED

favorite golf line while playing,...

heyscuba
Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played with a Senior golfer once that would simply hit is down the fairway each time, without much distance. From about 150 out..he would always come up short...but would say "That's servicable".

My playing partner will often say "Unlucky" when I miss a short putt.

And when I make a long put..."na na na na na na na na".
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go, go, fly, fly,... now SWIM, SWIM... damn!

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

It usually starts with a "You don't know me!!!" when I stick an approach shot and then when I jam a birdie putt I usually follow it up with "You SHUT your mouth when you are talking to me". Keep in mind I usually play with really good buddies of mine.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• 4 years later...

I heard a good one this summer when the course superintendent was in my group. One of the guys hit the ball barely out of the fairway and in the rough (which was a little long). When he hit his next shot at about a 45 degree angle off to the right and into the thick pine trees he asked the superintendent if he mowed the rough.

The superintendent said "No, and we didn't cut down those pine trees either".

P.S. I don't say much on the golf course and I'm pretty sure "Oh crap" is the phrase I use the most.

It usually starts with a "You don't know me!!!" when I stick an approach shot and then when I jam a birdie putt I usually follow it up with "You SHUT your mouth when you are talking to me". Keep in mind I usually play with really good buddies of mine.

My bruv and his buddy are always using the shut your mouth line and in just about every context.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gust from the gods...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When someone leaves a putt real short I say I think you need to bend your elbows more. They usually say really? Then I say yeah you almost dropped your purse.

Be the Wrench, when the ball is tracking towards the flag and looks like it will be close

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'm fortunate, (or unfortunate to some) to play in a league with guys who have fun.  It's rare to hit shots without someone talking, joking, cutting up, moving around, etc.  We're all just used to it.  Doesn't seem to bother anybody.

Some of the comments heard on a regular basis ... and we'll keep it PG:

After a tee-ball sliced into the woods:  "Dood, that one was sliced off the PLANET!"

Guy hits a pitch shot that looks to be good:  "Release the KRACKEN!" with strong Irish accent yelled loudly while ball moves toward hole.

Drive blocked right from tee-box:  Singing loudly into the grip end of your driver, "Baby Come Back" by the 70s band, Ace.

On hole #17:  Harry:  "I'm going to hit a high fade around the Eisenhower tree to about 120, stake a wedge and WIN this match right now with a birdie!"  After the hole, "Harry, what did you have there?"  Harry:  "A seven, just like I called it"

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

After anyone in my group hits a great shot I always say "That was just like on TV!"

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

After a particularly bad putt, especially if the offender is still away........."Do you want to finish up, while you're still hot?"

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

When someone nails their drive long and dead center, or parks the ball next to the pin from the fairway, I say to one of the other members in the group, but so the shooter can hear, "Let's make him play that one." Different way of saying, "Nice shot!" You can use it only once per round, though.

If I or some partners hit an ugly shot that turns out in an ok position, I say "Crude but effective."

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!