IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by GixxerTed

I Think the exact same thing. Especially when 20 plus handicappers are hittin there 5 iron what i hit my 3 and they out drive me by 30 plus yards.  That must be cause mine is only 270 average but its in the fairway 60 percent of the time. Your carry distances are close to mine. I have you beat by about 10 yards on the longer clubs but our hanicap's are the exact same. lol.

Yeah. Pisses me off too. I can hit farther than most people, but I also can hit it farther to the right as well. Its both a curse and a blessing.

Jr, where do you typically play at?  I play all over the Sacramento area courses.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Timothyjack

Yeah. Pisses me off too. I can hit farther than most people, but I also can hit it farther to the right as well. Its both a curse and a blessing.

Distance doesnt do you any good if your ob or in the tree's. Try backin down a bit and playing more control. 275 in the short grass beats 290 from the bushes.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

Originally Posted by moparman426

Off topic, but nice avatar Gixxer!  One of my favorite movies.

Thanks man. Yeah that movie is killer funny.  Wooderson is the man.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

Originally Posted by GixxerTed

Distance doesnt do you any good if your ob or in the tree's. Try backin down a bit and playing more control. 275 in the short grass beats 290 from the bushes.

Yeah. Thats something I have been working on with my coach. It just hasn't stuck yet. I speed back up the next time out. Its tough to slow down when you get used to that feeling. I almost feel like I'm not even trying when I slow down to 60%.

• Administrator

:)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver on good contact: 300+

Driver on poor contact: somwhere between 0 and 280

3 wood: it's my guaranteed 260 club

2-iron: 250

3 - 235

4 - 220

5 - 205

6 - 190

7 - 175

8 - 160

9 - 145

PW - 130

54 - 115

60 - 90

Putter - at least 6 feet short or long

"Stock" distances at ~ 2800 feet altitude. Success rates vary.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I call bogus on sean_miller being able to hit his putter to within 6 feet.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Usually I try to gauge off a 7 iron that day and work up to 5 iron and down to PW figuring ~10 yards difference per club.

May also change during the day, for example if I'm playing on a team with a group of guys that are lighting it up.

Then I tend to get caught up in that energy and might start needing to club down (8 instead of the 7 for example) for the "stock" distance that day.

Driver: 200 to 220

5 wood: very little chance

3 iron: no chance

4 iron: 170 to 180 (some chance)

5 iron: 165 to 175

6 iron: 155 to 165

Stock 7 iron is "usually" around 145 to 155 but could be as low as 130* but almost never more than 155 under any circumstances.

8 iron: 135 to 145

9 iron: 125 to 135

PW: 115 to 125

SW: 65 to 100

LW: chipping and pitching near green.

For the driver I measured (laser) every tee shot off par 4 and par 5 holes that stayed in the fairway over a full season at my home club (most rounds but not absolutely all).

At the end of the season it calculated out to 197 yards average tee shot.  Not exactly average driver but I figure 200 to 220 is in the ball park given that data.

* meaning every yardage word calculate off that number rather than the  numbers shown.

• Upvote 1

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well it depends if I'm using my RBZ then usually it ads like 20 yards on to my irons for some reason

In all honesty I'm not exact but all of these are just for nice easy swings that I don't over exert myself for just nice and easy.

Driver-270

3 wood 240-250

5 wood- F***in thing is cursed

4i-210

5i-200

6i-185

7i-170

8i-155

9i-150

47*-140

51*-130-135

52*-120-125 (bought before i got a new set that was a touch weaker lofted than my old ones)

56*-105-115

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

Brandon

Funny. I call bogus on those who know their exact yardages over 285 but not their index.

Driver 285

3wd 257

2hy 230

3i 218

4i 205

5i 190

6i 188

7i 170

8i 153

9i 140

pw 126

54w 110

58w 90

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Driver (teed): 255-265

3 Wood (teed): 225-235

7 Wood (teed & ground): 220 .. 205

3 Iron (teed & ground): 215-225 .. 200

4 Iron: 185-190

5 Iron: 170-175

6 Iron: 160-165

7 Iron: 150-155

8 Iron: 140-145

9 Iron: 135

PW: 125

56*: 0 - 100

Originally Posted by VMAN

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Brandon

Funny. I call bogus on those who know their exact yardages over 285 but not their index.

You got me - I do know my exact index. I put in a vague number because people at 5.7 think they're miles ahead of a guy at 6.7 and so on and so forth. The handicap index caste system is lame.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Driver - looking for a new one

4W - 205-215

5W - 195

4H - 180

5H - err, useless club (supposed to be 165)

6i - 153

7i - 142

8i - 131

9i - 120

PW - 109

GW - 80-90

SW - ?

LW - ?

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Note: This thread is 981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!