IGNORED

The John Daly Soap Opera Continues

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Doesn't look good, he must be drinking hard liqour again. I doubt he could get that drunk on beer with his size and built up tolerance.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I daresay any of us who had been blessed with such talent would get down on our knees each morning in thanks...

Daly's 'talent' (as with many other tour pros) was precise timing that degrades with age.

OTOH Hogan's talent was timeless. With his simple pivot-guided swing devoid of gimmicks, he was still hitting them long and straight at 71 years.

John Daly has so much talent that its ashame not to see him play to his god given talents. Many pros have not won a major and he's won 2. image how many more he could of won. He must feel down on himself, but he deserves what he's done to himself.

I wish the best for him and hope he pulls himself together and live life to his fullest ability. He needs to admit his problems and go to AA and turn his life around.

He autographed my hat at the Amercan Express at Harding park several years ago after a Saturday round and he was very gracious with him time to the fans. Our prayers should be for John to turn himself around the tour needs more people like John.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I wish the best for him and hope he pulls himself together and live life to his fullest ability. He needs to admit his problems and go to AA and turn his life around...

I agree. Problems like his go beyond golf.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

• Administrator
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3678837

Doesn't make him sound good. I've been done with John Daly for awhile now, though, so pffft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It will be a miracle if he makes it to the age of 50. Pretty sad.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Well, his goal is top 50 in the euro tour to get PGA exemption, hopefully he keeps a good euro schedule and plays well. Call him a lot of things, but he hasn't quit yet.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Daly's 'talent' (as with many other tour pros) was precise timing that degrades with age.

Good point. Ergo, he needs to make the most of his talent while he's got the chance.

I remember well his splendid win at the Buick in 2004 - never seen a swing remotely like his on a pro!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Daly is prolly one of the most talented players in the history of golf.

However there is nothing more common than unsuccessful people with talent...

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

• 1 month later...
The Hooter's incident is now long behind Long John. But, of course, the soap opera is far from over.

While Daly is struggling to recover, I'm siding with him on this incident. The spectator was a jerk and should have been ejected from the gallery for taking pictures against the terms and conditions of the tickets...

>>Clegg said he didn't think he provoked Daly by going so close. "I was bold, but I wasn't unreasonable," Clegg said. Terms and conditions for tickets at the Australian Open prohibit the use of cameras on the course for spectators.>Herden said he spoke to Clegg and the spectator realized he should not have been using the camera without proper accreditation. Organizers offered Clegg tickets for the weekend, but he declined./emoticons/huh.png" title="Undecided"/>
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Daly is a cold fat mess on self-destruct, and I love to watch people self-destruct. From the classical perspective, the story of Daly meets all the Aristotelian elements of tragedy - except for one: anagnorisis (recognition). He is too stupid to recognize his own fall from the exalted heights upon which he once stood.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Daly is a cold fat mess on self-destruct, and I love to watch people self-destruct. From the classical perspective, the story of Daly meets all the Aristotelian elements of tragedy - except for one: anagnorisis (recognition). He is too stupid to recognize his own fall from the exalted heights upon which he once stood.

I suspect that is why Clegg was trying to take pictures, for the perspective, ya think?

It is tragic.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Anyone read his book "My life in and out of the rough"? Pretty good quick easy read.

In the Bag
Driver:Burner07 9.5 NV 75 S
3-woodBurner07 15 degree NV 65 S
HybridRescue Mid 19 degree NVS 85 S
IronsRAC LT 4-PW Project X 5.5 shaftsWedgesCG 12 52,56,60PutterNewport 2 Custom Shop 35inBallProV1 or TaylorMade TP redShoes: All kinds. I have a bit of a shoe problem. As in I like...

I saw the interview with the camera guy and he is a dead set d**khead. He basically went in daly's face and snapped away. The moral of the story is that he should not have had a camera and he deserved to have it smashed by daly. And I am glad the organisers are not going to make much action because it is idiots like this guy who sholdn't be allowed on a golf course

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!