IGNORED

The Mike Austin Method

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Not to put a damper on your topic, but it seems like Mike Austins swing is something you might be able to do on top of the "modern swing" as you put it. I can't really tell what's different except the "throwing the arm" bit. This seems like something you should NOT attempt to do unless your other swing mechanics are nearly perfect.

You can find out more about his swing here: http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/austin.htm

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can shed some light on the differences.

A modern swing has its limits as well as an Austin swing.

What many modern swing systems have done is to add excessive cordination with timing.

Injury happens due to the player wants to hit it longer but cant due to the system itself wont allow longer without going outside their limitations.

If the player reside inside the golf systems limitations then they be fine.

When someone would say that having athletic ability would be worse to have when swinging a golf club is pure lies spread in the golf community.

The more athletic a swing is that helps with timing and action as its easier to do than a position based swing which a modern swing would make you do.

While both can be mastered the modern swing will make you a short hitter and more inconsistent and will risk the chance for injury.

Anyone says otherwise they are lying or being ignorant.

An austin swing will make you hit longer and will lessen the risk for injury by having a more athletic approach.

It dosnt mean you cant be injuried or that there isnt positions to match but we are dealing with relevances of chance here.

People can be injuried in baseball if they dont warm up at age 50 decided to do a home run and then strain a muscle.

Cant blame baseball by being stupid at the same time.

If you dont have an austin trainer close by you either need to travel or spending a lot of time mapping what they want you to do online and its likely you are better off with a local teacher one you find suits you no matter the swing system they teach.

Finding one good can be a hassle though.

The difference with an Austin swing is distance but also increased accuracy with lessen dispersion patterns.

The guy I apply this for was a 300 yard hitter with the old modern swing but also caused back injury.

He wasnt that long when we started out but the distance gain I helped him achieve caused him stress and injury due to modern swing limitations

Currently I am assisting him to be a 350yard hitter within the realm of the austin mechanics while increasing accuracy for the game of golf.

No issue with his back or injury anymore though.

And before anyone asks, no I dont teach amateurs currently as I only interested in tour level performances.

if your a PGA or LPGA player then I am interested.

I have been using a swing that was learned by following the 5SK, and more than likely not an Austin swing.

Last night I was "going for it", because there was a girl next to me that hit 250 yards (with range balls) and I did not want to be out hit by her. I probably swung my driver 20% faster than normal, and did not injure myself at all. Just my ego from hitting many long fades, draws (unwanted ones) and hooks and having a horrible finish to boot.

Learned two things from this. One, don't try to outhit a highly nationally ranked high school girl. Second, stay within yourself to make sure you hit them straight.

No physical injury from doing it, and probably could have swung up to 30% to 40% faster without injuring my body. Equipment or Ego are another thing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Forget the "Mike Austin" swing.  I teach the "Steve Austin" swing.  Guaranteed 700 to 800 yard drives.  However, I don't teach amateurs.  I only teach ruggedly handsome, blue eyed former test pilots with bionic body parts and bosses named Oscar.  However, I am willing to entertain teaching blue eyed, drop-dead gorgeous bionically equipped woman golfers if they look like Lindsay Wagner.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
A modern swing has its limits as well as an Austin swing.

The Mike Austin swing is bollocks and will injure anyone who tries to use it. Additionally, your dog will leave you, take your wife and children with him (or her), and your house will burn down. You may or may not be raped by clowns, but the odds are definitely increased.

See how silly it is to just say things as if they're facts, with no real corresponding information to back up the claims?

BTW, please add your name to your signature. After all, how will all the tour pros find you?

What many modern swing systems have done is to add excessive cordination with timing.

Says who? I don't think of the timing of my swing. In fact, I almost never talk about "timing" with students, except in the situations of "when" they need to do something… and those times are never "square up the clubface at this position" or something like that. Every golf swing has "timing" of the kind I'm talking about. EVERY one.

Injury happens due to the player wants to hit it longer but cant due to the system itself wont allow longer without going outside their limitations.

If the player reside inside the golf systems limitations then they be fine.

Let's translate: if you try to swing fast, you may get injured. True of every golf swing. If they don't, they will be fine.

And that's not even true. I've seen people get injured on punch shots or easier swings.

When someone would say that having athletic ability would be worse to have when swinging a golf club is pure lies spread in the golf community.

I tried to make sense of that and couldn't.

The more athletic a swing is that helps with timing and action as its easier to do than a position based swing which a modern swing would make you do.

Where is your proof that the modern swing (clue: there isn't just one "modern swing") requires more athleticism or is based on "positions"?

While both can be mastered the modern swing will make you a short hitter and more inconsistent and will risk the chance for injury.

Uhm, see above about clowns.

Anyone says otherwise they are lying or being ignorant.

Or they have a brain and don't mind using it.

An austin swing will make you hit longer and will lessen the risk for injury by having a more athletic approach.

Clowns.

It dosnt mean you cant be injuried or that there isnt positions to match but we are dealing with relevances of chance here.

Translation: all the stuff I said above about the mythical "one modern golf swing" - it applies to the Mike Austin golf swing as well.

People can be injuried in baseball if they dont warm up at age 50 decided to do a home run and then strain a muscle.

Cant blame baseball by being stupid at the same time.

Can Mike Austin teach me to do a home run?

If you dont have an austin trainer close by you either need to travel or spending a lot of time mapping what they want you to do online and its likely you are better off with a local teacher one you find suits you no matter the swing system they teach.

Finding one good can be a hassle though.

It's getting easier: http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php ;-)

The difference with an Austin swing is distance but also increased accuracy with lessen dispersion patterns.

Plus, it comes with clowns!

The guy I apply this for was a 300 yard hitter with the old modern swing but also caused back injury.

He wasnt that long when we started out but the distance gain I helped him achieve caused him stress and injury due to modern swing limitations

Currently I am assisting him to be a 350yard hitter within the realm of the austin mechanics while increasing accuracy for the game of golf.

No issue with his back or injury anymore though.

And I've turned a 22 handicapper into a +3 in two ten-minute lessons. Wheeee! Also, clowns.

And before anyone asks, no I dont teach amateurs currently as I only interested in tour level performances.

if your a PGA or LPGA player then I am interested.

Yeah, the board is crawling with PGA or LPGA players looking to hire a swing coach who can't list his name.

• Upvote 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Okay I'll bite...what exactly qualifies you to teach tour professionals?

Normally I dont respond to threads where people simply put isnt good enough to even debate the definitions within the logic set of in this case a golf swing.
Personally I find it tiresome and I value my time and energy so I seldom spend time on golf forums as I am busy working on definitions.

I am self taught so that means I dont pass any credential you would agree upon would be needed since if your teaching a tour professional you undoubtly need some qualification.

Right?

I can make you hit it longer I added 50 yards once to a tour pro level player witin 5 minutes and 30 yards to his irons with his old swing mechanics but that dosnt prove anything, and more accurate but then again that dosnt prove anything, I could putt better than you or any tour pro you choose and improve their putting and explain why along the way but then again that dosnt prove any credentials.

I could and have taken a triathlon athlete to enter championchips from a beginer to national level and Olympic Status and she lost out due to sweden only sent one to the 2008 Olympics even though she did beat the other girl they did send with compeitions here in sweden. That other girls name was Lisa Norden, silver in the last London Olympics and world champion in triathlon.
Still it dosnt prove anything. Surely not even have any credential to it either.

That I talk to amatuers sometimes on the range struggling with their swing and have them hit the ball better than they ever done and their smile is so wide you can fit a melon in there?
I dont change their swing as I work with the swing they been taught and make it work for them.
Still wont make me have any credentials either to teach any tour professional either.
That I can take someone who been taught a golf swing from credential trainers from the PGA teaching circuit and change their swing to hit longer and more accuratly and proving their old teachers wrong in the process again does not qualify me for anything.

I am good well actually better than good in what I do so its also why I dont open a golf school as its not what I want to do.
I dont have an interest to open a golf forum either or to start a video series or tell people why this works better as I said many times to others, tour level golf you can play with pretty much any golf swing system as the swing dosnt make the player.
I do however study the golf swing and I choose to do that with the Mike Austin swing system which btw isnt correct in how Mike did it which I told those guys and they dont appriciate that btw and I done so to assist someone to be a tour pro even if that dosnt qualify me for any standard of education or such but he listens to me instead of people here or elsewhere on forums havent much to do with any qualifictions I had back then or today just that I am good in what I do.

And no, I wont answer that question in what I am good at for you.
if you want the answer you go find the question.

I been kicked out of the Mike Austin facebook group due to me said things they dont want to hear.
I been told to stop posting on Dj Watts (wax golf) site due to me told him what he did was in need of a change.
It means I seek the truth and dont excuse myself just beacuse what I say is not the popular version you and others might want to belive in.

What does qualify me is simply I know what I am doing and dont need to guess what makes it better.
In the cases I dont know there is no answers in the golf forums, books or trainers or players as the field of golf instruction pretty much is the definition of a lack of definition.

Then I go dig it out in the dirt to find the answer so I then an teach it in a way that make sense so you can actually do it.

Most tour pros are pretty much clueless as all they can communicate is, it feels right or it feels wrong but no idea what to do about it and listen to experts can make them worse and loose their cards. I can communciate that feel to them beyond what they are able to talk about in a manner they can understand and then do what I ask them to do.

Still I wont offer anything that actually qualify me for teaching any tour professional here.
Its not what I do as if someone needs to ask me for qualifications then they are not worth my time or energy normally.

Thanks for asking not sure if you are ready for the answer though.
I met an aspiring tour pro in Spain 2011, showed him to be better than any trainer he had, he havent called yet as he was afraid how good he could become.

Robert Something

Normally I dont respond to threads where people simply put isnt good enough to even debate the definitions within the logic set of in this case a golf swing.

Personally I find it tiresome and I value my time and energy so I seldom spend time on golf forums as I am busy working on definitions.

I am self taught so that means I dont pass any credential you would agree upon would be needed since if your teaching a tour professional you undoubtly need some qualification.

Right?

I can make you hit it longer I added 50 yards once to a tour pro level player witin 5 minutes and 30 yards to his irons with his old swing mechanics but that dosnt prove anything, and more accurate but then again that dosnt prove anything, I could putt better than you or any tour pro you choose and improve their putting and explain why along the way but then again that dosnt prove any credentials.

I could and have taken a triathlon athlete to enter championchips from a beginer to national level and Olympic Status and she lost out due to sweden only sent one to the 2008 Olympics even though she did beat the other girl they did send with compeitions here in sweden. That other girls name was Lisa Norden, silver in the last London Olympics and world champion in triathlon.

Still it dosnt prove anything. Surely not even have any credential to it either.

That I talk to amatuers sometimes on the range struggling with their swing and have them hit the ball better than they ever done and their smile is so wide you can fit a melon in there?

I dont change their swing as I work with the swing they been taught and make it work for them.

Still wont make me have any credentials either to teach any tour professional either.

That I can take someone who been taught a golf swing from credential trainers from the PGA teaching circuit and change their swing to hit longer and more accuratly and proving their old teachers wrong in the process again does not qualify me for anything.

I am good well actually better than good in what I do so its also why I dont open a golf school as its not what I want to do.

I dont have an interest to open a golf forum either or to start a video series or tell people why this works better as I said many times to others, tour level golf you can play with pretty much any golf swing system as the swing dosnt make the player.

I do however study the golf swing and I choose to do that with the Mike Austin swing system which btw isnt correct in how Mike did it which I told those guys and they dont appriciate that btw and I done so to assist someone to be a tour pro even if that dosnt qualify me for any standard of education or such but he listens to me instead of people here or elsewhere on forums havent much to do with any qualifictions I had back then or today just that I am good in what I do.

I been kicked out of the Mike Austin facebook group due to me said things they dont want to hear.

I been told to stop posting on Dj Watts (wax golf) site due to me told him what he did was in need of a change.

It means I seek the truth and dont excuse myself just beacuse what I say is not the popular version you and others might want to belive in.

What does qualify me is simply I know what I am doing and dont need to guess what makes it better.

In the cases I dont know there is no answers in the golf forums, books or trainers or players as the field of golf instruction pretty much is the definition of a lack of definition.

Then I go dig it out in the dirt to find the answer so I then an teach it in a way that make sense so you can actually do it.

Most tour pros are pretty much clueless as all they can communicate is, it feels right or it feels wrong but no idea what to do about it and listen to experts can make them worse and loose their cards. I can communciate that feel to them beyond what they are able to talk about in a manner they can understand and then do what I ask them to do.

Still I wont offer anything that actually qualify me for teaching any tour professional here.

Its not what I do as if someone needs to ask me for qualifications then they are not worth my time or energy normally.

I met an aspiring tour pro in Spain 2011, showed him to be better than any trainer he had, he havent called yet as he was afraid how good he could become.

Normally you don't respond, so you give us these tiresome posts?

OMG! Kicked out of Mike Austin FB Group … how can I ever look at you … I mean … read your posts again?

We are …. so over.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Right?

Oh I get it. So you're saying with the Mike Austin swing I can add 50 yards to my drive AND smile so wide that I could fit a melon in my mouth?

Yet you just did, oops :-D

Right?

Umm we had no clue you were self taught when we responded to you. Thanks for bring it up, but it has no merit on our opinions that are based on your ignorance.

Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

So from all that you posted we have to conclude you are some sort of "Golf Whisperer"

Umm, maybe he hasn't called back yet because you weren't any good? You might be a bit delusional here. Instead of backing up your so called communication skills here, giving us some clue as to how much knowledge you have, or actually debating on an intellectual level, you just get defensive and start spouting claims that make no sense. Yea, that works doesn't it. Stand back and think about that for a bit. Oh, golfers just don't get afraid of becoming to good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Is that because you have no real information? @mvmac and I have shared a TON of information. Actual information, not just made-up stuff.

Right?

No. Not really. They literally just need a PGA Tour player to say "here, teach me." Matt Killen was pretty young (very few if any qualifications) when he started teaching Kenny Perry.

I can make you hit it longer I added 50 yards once to a tour pro level player witin 5 minutes and 30 yards to his irons with his old swing mechanics but that dosnt prove anything, and more accurate but then again that dosnt prove anything,

It's also flat out unbelievable. Sorry. Snake oil alert.

Plus, clowns.

You know what goes to proving things? Verifiable results. Sharing information.

Is it your melon?

Bull. The swing they have produces the results they get.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Sorry to quote all of that (it was once long sentence), but you're saying The Mike Austin Golf Swing isn't taught by Mike Austin properly ? Uh, okay.

Are you sure you weren't kicked out for just making stuff up?

Who knew we'd all be learning philosophy today?

Except that you can't do it, as you're still an 8. Right?

Yes, he didn't call you because he was afraid of how good he could become. Riiiiiiight.

Can anyone tell I'm a bit bored today?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Right?

Delusional at best.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Yes, he didn't call you because ​he was afraid of how good he could become. Riiiiiiight.

Can anyone tell I'm a bit bored today?

Seriously, it must be this weather :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

You've told us in the past that your personal goal is to play professionally.  You even set some specific goals and timelines for doing so that have long come and gone.

What happened?  Why the inability to implement for yourself, that which you claim to be able to teach others?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You may or may not be raped by clowns, but the odds are definitely increased.

Are you still scared of clowns?

Thankfully there is nothing in the 5 Simple Keys about clowns.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Is that because you have no real information? @mvmac and I have shared a TON of information. Actual information, not just made-up stuff. … Yes, he didn't call you because he was afraid of how good he could become. Riiiiiiight. Can anyone tell I'm a bit bored today?

Yes, actually your first response was just too funny I couldn't stop laughing so thanks.. But this one was just ok, not as good as the first, but I think it's just tough to match your first.. Anyway, could this just be the original OP just using a different name? I mean I feel like they are the same person with the same 7th grade vocab and tone? Just a thought!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Few days old changing his mechanics is being done from that video and in progress.
None of you hit it longer than him, none.

Changes started to be implemented.
Most changes already done hip and muscle activity needs time to adjust to the change to due to some restovers from old modern mechanics.
Some sweet swing motion there simple and direct without complications or risk for injury.

Gonna go get some superb coffee now and sip it slowly while admiring my coaching and swing work on this guy.

Robert Something

You've told us in the past that your personal goal is to play professionally.  You even set some specific goals and timelines for doing so that have long come and gone.

What happened?  Why the inability to implement for yourself, that which you claim to be able to teach others?

Soon, David, soon.  Soon.

Sheesh ... have some patience! :beer:

Few days old changing his mechanics is being done from that video and in progress. None of you hit it longer than him, none. Changes started to be implemented.  Most changes already done hip and muscle activity needs time to adjust to the change to due to some restovers from old modern mechanics. Some sweet swing motion there simple and direct without complications or risk for injury. Gonna go get some superb coffee now and sip it slowly while admiring my coaching and swing work on this guy.

I know a friend of a friend of a long lost cousin that knows a good teacher that teaches exactly what you teach, it wouldn't happen to be you would it? I'm tired of the good and structured instruction I'm getting here, how can I become your pupil? PM me quick!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

Oh goody! 30 FPS poorly lit video from bad camera angles!

Appears to be missing Key #3.

Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!