IGNORED

Who's winning the 2009 Masters? Top 5 picks?

dagolfer
Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stenson

Ernie

Vijay

Phil

Cabrerra

In not particular order

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to who I would like to win, my 5 would be:

Rory McIlroy
Tiger Woods
Sergio Garcia
Geoff Ogilvy
Padraig Harrington

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Phil will either win...or miss the cut.

I couldn't come up with a better list or rationale no matter how hard I tried!!!!!!!!!!!

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Everyone is listing Tiger and McIlroy and I think either of them will do well. Personally, I am going to be rooting for Howell III. Depending on which teacher he sees before the tournament - yes, he has two that fight with each other and it's fun to see the results - he certainly has the game and has been playing Augusta National since he was a kid. That's the tournament that means the most to him. Its just my hope though - I'm still picking Tiger.

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

I'm picking the guy who had the best finishes over all four majors last year: Robert Karlsson
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Ogilvy, Tiger, Villegas, Zach Johnson and Phil.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

who i think - tiger
who i want - bubba or boo
other picks for strong finishes, or at least i want greg norman to do well and freddie, ive come accross some interesting facts too, didnt realise rose has led the masters 3 times in the last 3 years after 1st round... and karlsson with the best average finish in all 4 majors last year..

i find it hard not to believe tiger will win, he can change gears when he wants to.... the masters will be his this year

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

Hype or not, it's tough not to think about Ogilvy after this last week. He was extremely precise with his irons and made damn near everything he looked at on some awfully tough greens.

I would say that Ogilvy will be a real contender, but his style of play fits open-ish, straight shot golf courses. He could be hot coming into Augusta, but a win isn't likely. He is more fit to win the US Open this year, as every year, hitting it long, straight, and high in the air.

My Dark Horse: Paul Casey. When he is hot, he's hot. The match play showed that he doesn't blow up on many holes and can go low, but he has been inconsistent on the PGA Tour. He has very solid finishes the last two years at T11 and T10. Contenders: My contenders are three very solid guys and really they could fit the Dark Horse in many ways. My first is Brandt Snedeker. Awesome in all majors last year and a really sad story about losing it on Sunday last year. Gotta root for him. Justin Rose has been a favorite player of mine, but his game really suffered last year with injury. He is always fun to watch, but he needs to play well to win come Sunday. Last, of course, is Philly Mick. If he can play with any sort of consistency, it's his. He has the talent, but he has to be consistent, and with his ridiculous 9 of last 10 top ten's and 6 of 10 top 5 he is the only man to beat... *Winner*: Tiger Woods (?) The man is the best golfer to walk the face of the earth. It you doubt him, you will fail. Let's see, he has won it 4 times, 3 of the last 10 times and has only finished outside of the top 5 twice in those years because of "off years." This week at Doral will set the tone going into Augusta, but if he wins and regains the confidence he has always had, there is no doubt who will win this year. Welcome back, Tiger, welcome back.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

I think Ian Poulter's going to show up and do some damage.

1. Tiger Woods
2. Phil Mickelson
3. Ian Poulter
4. Padraig Harrington
5. Greg Norman

1. Woods
2. Ogilvy
3. Villegas
4. Els
5. Kim

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

I think the top-5 will be made up of Tiger, Boo, Ernie, Geoff, and Greg. My only prediction for position is Greg Norman as runner-up. I would love to see Boo win.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

THE BRITS ARE COMMING!
Rose
Mcilroy
Donald
Casey
Poulter
Fisher
Wilson
There will be so many George crosses on the leader board it wil be april 23 all over again!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I'm rooting for Norman, followed by Kenny Perry (is he playing?). I like the old guys.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Ogilvy
Woods
Boo
Mahan
Camillo

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

THE BRITS ARE COMMING!

The low ball isnt the shot of choice at the masters

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

1. The Tiger Woods
2. Anthony Kim
3. Phil M
4. Ernie Els
5. DL III
6. KJ Choi
7. Mike Weir
8. Boo
9. Justin Leonard

In my OU Stand Bag
Driver: R9 TP 10.5 Fujikura Motore 1 S
3Wood: R9 15 S
3H: Burner Rescue 19 S
4H: Burner Rescue 22 S5-AW: VR Full Cavity S .5 long & 3* uprightSW-LW: Wedges 54* - 68* Putter: Newport 2 with added sight line, 10 grams, & BOOMER SOONERGPS: Green Finder on Iphone

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!