IGNORED

Okay to wear black golf shoes when wearing shorts???

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. solid black golf shoes okay with shorts????

• Don't do it....the fashion police with pull you over.
    • Perfectly okay....no harm...no foul
    • Who cares....as long as your fly is up

ha, i didn't know this was a thing.  I wear all black shoes, white socks, and shorts when its warm.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ha, i didn't know this was a thing.  I wear all black shoes, white socks, and shorts when its warm.

You can not wear white socks with black shoes. Doesn't matter if we are talking dress shoes, basketball sneakers, or golf shoes.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

You can not wear white socks with black shoes. Doesn't matter if we are talking dress shoes, basketball sneakers, or golf shoes.

Ditto, This goes beyond the golf course. Black shoes=black socks, period no exceptions.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My wife threw away all my white tube socks years ago. She chucked all my tighty-whities too. God bless her. Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by NM Golf

Ditto, This goes beyond the golf course. Black shoes=black socks, period no exceptions.

Haha, I am not allowed to leave the house like that.  But I usually leave for golf long before the wife wakes up.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Haha, I am not allowed to leave the house like that.  But I usually leave for golf long before the wife wakes up.

Your wife needs to wake up earlier! lol

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

You may black shoes with shorts before Easter, or after Labor Day.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by NM Golf

Quote:

So I wear black socks with white shoes and khaki shorts.  Yes?  No?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by cooke119

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

No

Not calf high socks though... just barely show above the shoes.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

While not quite the same fashion faux pas as white socks and black shoes, I would suggest you try to avoid the above scenario as well.

Good rule of thumb, make the socks and shoes match.

Originally Posted by dsc123

This is me too.  No matter how bad my fashion sense is, I'm usually better dressed than 80% of the dudes at my club.  They are old farts so they don't usually care what they look like.  I too wear white ankle socks with black shoes.  I guess I need to change my look.

• 10 months later...

It's just common sense black SHOES black socks. If they are SNEAKERS you can get away with white socks.

I didn't know this was even something of a discussion.

I wouldn't go that far.  What I've learned over the years is that fashion is its own thing.  There really are no rules anymore.  It wasn't that long ago that men who wore dark socks with shorts were a big giant joke (old farts, basically).  Now it's "cool" to wear black shoes and black socks.  It's probably most common to wear "no-show" socks though, so it wouldn't really matter much what color they are.  Heck, I've noticed that it seems a lot of the guys on tour wear the no-shows, even though they're wearing long pants.  I don't like that because I like to wear socks, but I will wear the no-shows with shorts.

My general rule (and I mean that it's what me and my wife think looks best, not what I think anybody else should do) is just to make sure that I match the shoes to the belt and hat.  I have a pair of white shoes, several white and black hats, and a reversible white/black belt.  I find that as long as I match those, they usually go pretty well with whatever pants and shirt/sweater I wear.

I wouldn't go that far.  What I've learned over the years is that fashion is its own thing.  There really are no rules anymore.  It wasn't that long ago that men who wore dark socks with shorts were a big giant joke (old farts, basically).  Now it's "cool" to wear black shoes and black socks.  It's probably most common to wear "no-show" socks though, so it wouldn't really matter much what color they are.  Heck, I've noticed that it seems a lot of the guys on tour wear the no-shows, even though they're wearing long pants.  I don't like that because I like to wear socks, but I will wear the no-shows with shorts.

Exactly, Just because some new generation of kids deems something cool doesn't mean it's cool for you. My friends and I also used to laugh at those "black on black" old farts and labeled the few young ones who did it "Mike Tysons".

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!