IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Short game: ACCELERATION, I rarely get into trouble when I accelerate through the ball. It is shorter chips/pitches that I really have to focus on accelerating. Putting has been getting better, but need to work the most on lag putting from 20+ feet.

Irons: Consistant ball striking. Working real hard to try and groove a repeatable swing that works for me.

Driving: Once the swing comes along, this will work itself out. I never try and kill the ball off the tee as too many things go wrong. Would love 220-240 for most of the courses I play.

Conditioning: This probably should have been first since it is the most important. Hurt my back last spring and was only able to play 4-6 weeks at a time before it would act up and I would miss the next 4-6 weeks. Started doing yoga and weight training in the middle of summer and it has made a big difference. Hope to stay healthy all season and getting to the ultimate goal of breaking 80.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Swing at the moment - The better I get, the worse I realise I truly am!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

i have a few things i need to work on to start the season:

*stretching, preparing for the round - bad habit last year of showing up right at tee time and going straight to #1 tee box, stupid
*sliding lead hip forward to start down swing
*hitting down on the ball, consistently - did good job of this mid-season last year but for some reason let it go, makes a huge difference
callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

I am working on 2 things

1. keeping my hands on plane in the takeaway. I have a tendency to push them out(away from my body)

2. Hip slide and turn starting my backswing instead of allowing my arms to start the process

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Working on not moving my hands so much during the downswing. I also recently caught myself casting and overswinging - I am trying to not do either.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Post what you're working on, why, what you hope to accomplish, how you're doing about it, etc.

Working on the stack and tilt - bought the DVD series. Doing it so that I have consistent ball striking; hope to accomplish an index under 10; after watching the DVD's I went to the range and my first range session felt as though my body was disjointed and disconnected. I watched the DVD's a second time and went to the range the next day and my second session at the range was GREAT! I was hitting the ball very consistently with all my clubs. I don't know if I would have made the purchase of the DVD's if it hadn't been for Erik's review of the stack and tilt swing. Thanks Erik!

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

I'm working on A) lowering my HC from 15 to 10. B) developing a fundamentally sound, "locked in" swing. C) learning more about club making so I have a better Idea of how to interpret what my clubmaker recommends for me. I can get a bit OCD about that one, lol. D) releasing the club properly.
bag
driver sumo2
3wood dymo2
putter Z
wedge 56* SGS, 60* SGS irons 3-GW, UT1000 invector blades, dyna gold s300, karakal gripsâGolf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is...

The ever-present slice with my driver and more consistency with my irons...
In the Warbird X bag
Driver- Predator 9.5°
Woods- G15 4W
Irons- XMD Iron Set (3H, 4H, 5-PW)
Wedges- SM60.04° WedgePutter- White Hot 2-Ball F7Ball- Gamer V2

Today I worked on staying in balance throughout my swing, and holding the finish position with weight forward and belt-buckle facing the target.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Saturday I worked on...
1. compacting my swing to get used to hitting my new blades. It seems I need to play the ball off the heel/face to strike it sharply.
2. shaping my driver with either 1* fade or 1* draw by slightly opening or closing my stance and or club face.
3. Taking a deep breath and re-focusing after a poor shot without showing it bothered me.
Today I will work on...
1. More of the above.
2. Leveling my putting stroke and keeping the exact same routine for every putt.
3. following through on chips with my 56* or 60* and judging the amount of backswing.
bag
driver sumo2
3wood dymo2
putter Z
wedge 56* SGS, 60* SGS irons 3-GW, UT1000 invector blades, dyna gold s300, karakal gripsâGolf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is...

Post what you're working on, why, what you hope to accomplish, how you're doing about it, etc.
Post when you begin something new, take a new approach, etc.
Don't reply to any posts unless your reply also accomplishes the two things listed above.

I'm working on muscle memory that has been forgotten over the long winter in Chicago. Catching up with my golf coach and hitting the range.
Not sure if I'm doing anything new other than going to be recording my swing and analyzing it by myself.

Putter
MP-67 3-PW
905R, 906F
i-Mix FT-i Tour 9.5 w/Fubuki Tour Shaft
Hybrid V1x T-1000 Travel Case

Working (primarily) on:

1. My Jim Furyk impersonation at the start of the downswing to get the club on an inside path; and
2. At the same time "firing" my right knee to the left to promote good turn/weight transfer.

Motocaddy S3
MX700 10.5° Driver; Aldila VS Proto 65R
MX700 5W; Aldila VS Proto 85R
MX700 20°, 23°; Exsar HS4R
MX300 5-PW; FST KBS Tour R MP-T 51°, 56°, 60°; Dynalite XP Gold S300Bettinardi BlackCarbon BC1Bridgestone e6+ balls

still indoors so im just concentrating on my putting stroke until i can get outside again.

Driver FT-i
3 Wood: C455
Hybrid Burner Rescue
Irons CPR
Wedges SV TourPutter TPI 25

My goal is to implement the major elements of the stack and tilt golf swing to my muscle memory: A good shoulder turn with a tilt to the left to keep myself centered over the ball, maintaining my inclination to the ground, having a fundamentally sound impact position i.e. "the no release" thing, deep hands, sliding my hips, etc.

My first range session practicing this stuff was a disaster. I was trying to do too many things at once and I was all over the map. During my second range session, I worked only on half swings and chipping the ball to simulate impact. The muscles being activated in my back with this backswing are starting to feel more natural and I was much more confident afterwards. I was hitting mostly slight push fades on my full swings, but they had a pretty ball flight and were going a more than acceptable distance.

I still have a very long way to go obviously, but things are looking promising. I'll be sure to update on my progress as the season rolls along.

Constantine

It's still winter and I'm going back to swing basics after a long hibernation.

1) INDOOR: feet planted, maintain sense of keeping spine angle and planting/driving against the left foot instep
2) maintain sense of keeping left arm from breaking excessively, if at all, on takeaway

RANGE
3) slowing it down and swinging easy and loose
4) practice with 7-iron -- Takeaway -- trying to find a happy medium takeaway that is not too far inside or too straight, to avoid the hook that "seems" to come from coming from too far inside.
5) grip -- not too tight, not too strong

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Today I worked on.

1. Neutral grip after discovering how weak my grip was (no wonder I pushed/faded/sliced the ball)

2. Swing easy to allow right hand to roll over left

3. keeping left wrist flat

Hit 70% of my shots straight with a very slight draw, 20% push/fade, and 10% hook with 120 balls.

Felt really good, also devoted 30 minutes to chipping (weight forward and hands forward) and 30 minutes to putting (working on speed alone)

My goal by the end of summer is to shoot in the 85-90 range consistantly.

I've been working a lot of keeping the width in the my swing throughout my backswing into my downswing. I have a tendency to bend my left arm a little at the top of my backswing, and even though its not a huge problem, I definitely notice a difference in impact when I keep it straight. I have a swing aid that's been helping me with this and its called the Swing Extender.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Currently got two things.

1: Deep hands, take-away on plane
2: Keeping the head still on the backswing

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!