IGNORED

Pitch mark maintainance

iWALK18
Note: This thread is 3213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Prongs does perhaps look a smidge too thick?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prongs does perhaps look a smidge too thick?

Maybe a "smidge", but it does a MUCH better job than a tee, which is what I was using. I thought I was doing a good job with the tee until I used this. I'm serious when I say I leave the green better than I find it. I always fixed two or three ball marks plus mine, but now they look much better and will heal quicker.

I had one of these in my bag that I never used because a tee did a better job, but I tossed it after using this new tool.

nothing wrong with a little irrigating while fixing a pitch mark eh, lol

I believe the term is aerating. Irrigating is never done on the green......behind a tree maybe in an emergency, but never on the green.

My club's policy (like any others') is to fix your own pitch mark on the green but none does it. Luckily, I always have my pitchmark repairer with me and usually fix about 5 or 6 pitchmarks around the line of my putt on 20 footers, not good i guess.
props to iacas for showing the right way to fix a ballmark, i can now do it properly :)

• 1 month later...
What about this tool ? It looks like it has very thin prongs, be them somewhat long.

Not sure what I think of the switchblade design, though.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

My club's policy (like any others') is to fix your own pitch mark on the green but none does it.

If i play in a foursome and notice a guy not repairing his pitch marks, i will find his pitchmark and repair it for him - ONCE. He says thank you and from there on he repairs his own pitch marks for the rest of the round. No big deal at all.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

If you don't have a pitch mark tool then use a tee.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Does it anger anybody else when you have to repair other golfers marks? I'm not a good enough golfer to leave ball marks in most cases but it seems I'm aleays having to fix someone elses when I get to the green. I mean it's just common ettiquite along with filling your divots and raking the traps.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Nah, i just fix it by habit. I think those people are idiots, i mean even if you can't find your exact mark, at least fix one of them there.

I could care less about raking traps, its a fricken hazard, it only needs to be racked once, in the morning before anyone plays. I hate how these courses make bunkers easier to play out of than the rough, whats the point. If you want to really mess with people, Grass bunkers.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 5 years later...

Thought I'd necro this one since we have new members. And I'll post a video

• Upvote 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Thought I'd necro this one since we have new members. And I'll post a video

Good video. One of the most commonly effed up etiquette routines.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!