IGNORED

Most frustrating thing about golf for you?

deronsizemore
Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Inconsistency ... my ability (or lack there of) to put together a par, blow-up hole, par and wonder just what the hell happened. In that vein, as stated above, my inability to put together a complete round. I've had scores on 18 this year that have been 40-48; 41-49 ... and that grinds my gears, big time ...

Ding Ding Ding!!!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost has got to be up there for me. A day at a nice course is going to run at least $60 (probably more like $80, with drinks, food, range balls, etc.) Lessons aren't cheap ($50/half hour), nor is equipment (a decent set of clubs runs at least $500.) Factor in shoes, clothes, sunglasses, etc., and it's no wonder golf is perceived as being a rich person's sport.

Cost has got to be up there for me. A day at a nice course is going to run at least $60 (probably more like $80, with drinks, food, range balls, etc.) Lessons aren't cheap ($50/half hour), nor is equipment (a decent set of clubs runs at least $500.) Factor in shoes, clothes, sunglasses, etc., and it's no wonder golf is perceived as being a rich person's sport.

Definitely, which is why I play mostly twilight rounds for $8 and buy recycled balls.

Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

For me it's all execution. Knowing I can hit the shot I want and actually hitting it are often not even on the same planet.

That and fighting swing thoughts when I'm on the course.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

i hate driving lately.... very frustrating.... everything from pull hooks to push slices... then 3 in a row that go 280 down the middle...blah

In my Callaway stand bag:
R5 10.5*
4 Hybrid 22*
Burner 09 Irons 5-AW
Z groove 54* Z groove 58* 2 ball putter Pro-V1

Putting right now - five three puts today and missed two birdie putts from 6 feet.

It's more frustrating spending an hour a day doing different drills, practicing, etc. just on putting alone.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I would say never being able to get all cylinders firing at once. Or at least for 18 holes. I always seem to have a poor back nine when the front is a barnburner.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Waiting on the slack jawed idiots in front of me.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

The way I leave the ball short when hitting from 100 yards and in.

The way I hit the ball long from 100 yards and out.

Being a longer than average, accurate ball striker with a high handicap due to a dreadful short game.

The silly mistakes I make.

The cost of golf. It seems to be the most expensive sport.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

Playing in a 35 mph wind that gusts and swirls. I did that yesterday, and had to take my golf cap off for every tee shot, every shot from the fairway, every chip or pitch shot and every putt. I was walking 18 holes on a course that is extremely difficult to walk because of the steep hills, and I was exhausted by the end. And yet, I did play the last three holes in 1 under par!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I hate it when i hit a tee shot i think is perfect and cant find he ball or if its in a divot. I also HATE putting a shot to 5-6 feet and then blowing the birdie putt by by 4 feet and missing the putt.

I also hate hitting a putt at the exact spot i wanted and at the exact speed i wanted and the putt misses but just barely. And when i completely screw up the line and seed but it goes in.

The last thing is when i play with someone who plays once a month and they play great golf. It just kinda bothers me cause i practice and play everyday and i still lose after they do nothing(although they may not be able to practice or play).

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Hitting a great shot blindly and not being able to find your ball afterwards

The cost

What happens when I hit my driver...not good. haha

In my Warbird XXT Bag

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 10* Draw
Hybrid: Big Bertha Diablo 3H 21*
Irons: 2007 S9, 4-PW, GWWedges: coming soonPutter: no-name, but gets the job doneBall: Big Bertha Diablo

Hitting a great shot and then follow it up with a not so good shot.
And at the moment winter golf its just so wet in nz at the moment.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!