IGNORED

Tom Watson

RC
Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last putt shows how completely nerve burning this game gets! What the heck was he thinking!? I knew it would be a tough one, but it looked like he didn't try!

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

The day seems to be getting to him now. Found more trouble on the first two playoff holes than the first 18 holes combined.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The old man got tired. He played well i just wish that second shot on his 72 hole was about a foot shorter. Anyways Stewart Cink killed this tournament for me. good job ya twitter!
Driver: Adams insight A4 Prototype
loft 9.0 face 2 degrees open
Matrix Ozik X high kick point
3 wood Tour Edge Exotic CB2
loft 15 Mitsubishi Fubiki XHybrid Cleveland launcer 3I Aldila NV XIrons ...

Oh well .....

He isn't going to forget what a chance he had on the 18th fairway, standing there with an 8i in his hands and needing only to stay on the green, then 2-putt for a truly unique place in golfing history.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

A bad break on that 2d shot on 18.

Still, an incredible championship. Well done Tom Watson.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My bad. I should have ended with .....

..... GREAT EFFORT TOM.

You showed 'em you had it in you, and the rest is just the game of goff.

4-hybrid:

He hit a fine 2nd shot at 18, it was his god awful 3rd and 4th shots that did him in. I was rooting for him, but he had the tournament on a silver platter and chocked it away.

Bloody awful result. A real anticlimax. Just like the Masters really.

Most of the gallery will have gone home by the time of the presentation! I've turned over to ESPN

Driver - Mizuno MX700
3W - Mizuno MX700
3H - Mizuno MX700
4I - 60◦ - Mizuno MX200
Putter - Fazer Tour Touch IIIHandicap: - Lack of talent

A bad break on that 2d shot on 18.

yep, that stunk. mannn, if he woulda just pitched that 3rd shot (instead of putting it) a little closer..... damn..... i feel bad for him. i wish he would've finshed off that hole with the win.... dang it

That was bad to watch. I thought he had it in the bag on the 18th. I bet he will be thinking back wishing he would have used a 9 instead of an 8.

Oh well. It gave us some suspense after Tiger was unable to make the cut.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I loved the whole match. Watson gives me hope, as a 39 year-old newbie to golf. I hope I can play for the next 20 years!

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

i liked the little promo they played after it was over thanking Tom Watson for the wonderful week, and when they mentioned something along the lines of how nice it is for a nice older guy like Watson to be able to compete in a gentlemans sport when some of the younger players arent exactly gentleman (then they showed a clip of Tiger throwing his club, lol)... i dont remember exactly how it went, but i thought it was cool

I think Tom simply ran out of steam. What a shame - could have been a great, great story.

Actually, it still is. There's got to be some Hollywood producer just thinking about how to tell it...

Shame also that Westwood didn't stop and think - one putt to win, maybe two for a playoff, and simply went for the death-or-glory stuff. He'd played great all week, it was his to lose...and sadly, he lost it.

i liked the little promo they played after it was over thanking Tom Watson for the wonderful week, and when they mentioned something along the lines of how nice it is for a nice older guy like Watson to be able to compete in a gentlemans sport when some of the younger players arent exactly

It was also funny when it said everything is ok because Tom Watson still gets to go home to a hot wife.....

I wouldn't call it an awful result myself. Cink is a fine, solid ball-striker with a great attitude to the game and he's earned his place. The guy showed spine at the end of regulation but yes, the extra holes were a major anticlimax. Personally I think Watson couldn't handle the disappointment of failing to par from his position on the 18th - very difficult to put that out of your mind in a playoff I would think.

I don't think it was just a matter of running out of steam. It may have looked like it, as he said in the interview, but that isn't really what happened out there IMO.

4-hybrid:

Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!