IGNORED

bass fishing?

Saint
Note: This thread is 5205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love fishing! I have had the fishing bug since I was 3. I used to go with grandpa before he passed away and catch enough Crappie to fill your freezer for a year. I have a 7 pound bass hanging on my wall as we speak. I sometimes get discrated by the water hazard while waiting at a hole and wish I had a pocket fisherman.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

I do it as well. I hate it when I'm at the golf course, see a water hazard, and say "I bet there's a 10 lber sitting under that log," lol. I've yet to ask a course if i can fish their ponds though, dont know why though.

The largemouth is King in Florida. Thanks to catch and release they are bigger and more of them. Redfish get a lot of attention in the state so the bass are underpressured. I'd recommend no less than 14 pound spiderwire mono.

I grew up fishing offshore on the North Carolina coast with my father.

My freshwater fishing was limited to some pond fishing with my granddad.

I moved to Augusta back in 1998 and "discovered" the Savanah River and Clark Hill Lake, both very close to my house. I got the bug for a bass boat and got into bass fishing big-time. This went on for a few years, killed my golf but supplemented my deer hunting.

My two best trophies are below. Both weighed in at just under 10lbs and both were caught on artificial lures.

The largemouth was caught in 8' of water using a weightless Zoom Monster Worm in pumkin/green color. I was just slooooowly dragging it along the bottom with an occasional light twitch. I quit feeling the worm and watched as the line began tracking accross the surface. I gave a few seconds (seemed like an eternity) and then set the hook mightily. It was quite a fight after that. The drag on my Team Diawa reel was tested. I was spent after landing the fish in the boat.

The hybrid was caught in 40' of water...off a stoney point. I was rolling a gold & black Lucky Craft version of the famed rattletrap....~15' deep. The bite was abrupt and the hybrid pulled downward hard....one long pull and then I'd work him closer to the boat and he'd pull down yet again. It was really fun.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for my golf game) $4/gallon fuel cost put a swift end to any desire to run the bass boat. I gladly sold it to an enthusiast. I was a happy camper watching that R93 Ranger with the 200hp Mercury pulling out of the driveway. I now have a small fiberglass boat with a 30hp Nissan. I need to do a little work to the trailer and then be able to putter around the river near home. It will pole around in some skinny water with a push pole....need to mount a trolling motor on it, too. Oh well...another project for another time.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 2 months later...
I love kayak fishing for Bass in San Diego bays and 1-2 miles to the shores. I think kayak fishing allows you to exercise, and minimize damage to the environment. I release most of the fish I catch. I take one home for the wife sometimes when the fish is gut hooked or might not survive if I release it.

I love to fish when not playing golf. I fish the Susquehanna, Juniata, and Potomac rivers out of a aluminum boat with a jet-driven outboard. Most of the tournaments I fish are out of my fiberglass bass boat. I fish in the MD Bass Federation. My biggest fish last year was a snakehead!

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

I grew up fishing for just about anything fresh water in west central Wisconsin. Since we moved west, my fishing has been more sporadic. Did some great trout fishing in Montana when I lived there back in the 60's, and a little bit after moving here to Colorado.

What I'm looking forward to is moving permanently to the Bahamas in a few years. The island we are building our home on has world class bonefish waters, along with plenty of other species to keep me going the rest of my life. Our house is right on the beach, so I can surf fish in the Atlantic rollers just 100 feet from our deck. Only problem is that I've never fished salt water, so I have a lot to learn. But the learning should be a lot of fun.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you want to catch HUGE Striper's come here to Lake Cumberland, the new Freshwater WR will come out of this lake.

As for largemouth, I'm all for it. I also browse the bassresource.com forum, it is great. I went college in Fort Lauderdale for a bit and really got to experience salt water fishing, which I also feel in love with. But being a Kentucky boy, you are raised on catching bass and catfish. Lake Okeechobee I do not particularly like. I am not used to fishing for bass in hydrilla, which is all over that lake.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

I fish for bass in NE Wisconsin from time to time. You never known whats going to bite in that area though. It could be a smallmouth, largemouth, pike, walleye or even a muskie. Its fun to bait your hook with a worm and fish for panfish too.
Where I live in southern Wisconsin, you can catch some pretty decent sized catfish too.
I recently got into ice fishing. Drilling a hole in the ice and sitting around in the cold waiting for something to bite might not sound like much fun, but as long as the fish keep biting its just as much fun as fishing any other time of year.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I love bass fishing, i take my kayak out on the lake here in town just tossing a popper hoping for a bite. Can have some fun with light tackle getting decent sized bass (for mass!). Yea they might not be big compared to down south but still lots of fun.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

• 3 weeks later...
Bass fishing is my life during the summer. I'm gonna try to split my time evenly between the lake and the course this year when it warms up a bit here in eastern Kentucky. Got some new equipment this past winter, just waiting to try it out.

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

When I lived on the East Coast (Boston and Philly), I used to bass fish a lot. In fact, it used to be my favorite hobby until I took up golf.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love bass fishing! I work in the fishing industry, mainly promoting walleye and muskie fishing, but I spend my off time fishing bass and playing golf. Lots of opportunities for both here in NE Wisconsin!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Note: This thread is 5205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!