IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

• Administrator

Originally Posted by deronsizemore

Yes, but what kind of ball? Is there a specific size that's better for this drill?

Seriously? :-)

One that's small enough to fit there but not so small it falls out easily.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My biggest issue with S&T; is finishing the backswing is to feel as if I'm leaning left (decompress the back). It's a lot easier when I finish the backswing.

I finally stopped thinking after 2 months of incorporating S&T; into my swing, relaxed, and hit some of the best shots of my life with all clubs. Sometimes, you've got to take time off on the range from drills and thinking (thinking leads to crap shots), and just let your athleticism shine.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by iacas

Seriously? :-)

One that's small enough to fit there but not so small it falls out easily.

I've got one you can find in a sports store, mini soccer ball.  Tennis ball is too small and a basketball is too big

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I've got one you can find in a sports store, mini soccer ball.  Tennis ball is too small and a basketball is too big

Those size 3 soccer balls they usually have in a bin near the checkout counter?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Those size 3 soccer balls they usually have in a bin near the checkout counter?

Yes

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...

In the middle of this golf video magazine is a piece on Stack & Tilt. Pretty basic stuff if you know S&T;, but nonetheless, you might get something out of it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

In the middle of this golf video magazine is a piece on Stack & Tilt. Pretty basic stuff if you know S&T;, but nonetheless, you might get something out of it.

Nice, that's where I get lessons. I met Mike and Andy there once during a clinic. I was there for a lesson with my instructor, but Andy Plummer watched me hit a couple balls during it. It was pretty nerve wracking.

Very nice place. Highly recommended to all that you head to Burlington CC. Great S&T; School there. Thanks for the post!

My teacher Steve in the video is great.

Constantine

So are you saying your namesake had a technically perfect swing? There are many S&T; moves in the conventional swing so don't be so hasty

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario
:tmade:

Originally Posted by seve

Stack and Tilt Sucks!!! Not technically correct...totally unnatural...And mostly, it hurts golf swings...and backs!

Ah, it's Seve, back from the dead.

It's no wonder your back hurts.

You're dead.

• Upvote 2

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Back to the original topic.

When you want to swing harder, get a little more distance, does this sound right?

I put a little extra pressure on the armpits so as not to loose connection and have the clubhead swing more out towards the ball (which promotes heel contact).

Sometimes doing this makes me tighten the area around the elbows and I don't get full extension from the arms, toe hit.

But generally, swing harder, more "connected"?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Back to the original topic.

When you want to swing harder, get a little more distance, does this sound right?

I put a little extra pressure on the armpits so as not to loose connection and have the clubhead swing more out towards the ball (which promotes heel contact).

Sometimes doing this makes me tighten the area around the elbows and I don't get full extension from the arms, toe hit.

But generally, swing harder, more "connected"?

When you want to swing FASTER I'd recommend you push the hips forward and tuck the butt faster.  Belt buckle rising and pointing to the sky

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Nice, that's where I get lessons. I met Mike and Andy there once during a clinic. I was there for a lesson with my instructor, but Andy Plummer watched me hit a couple balls during it. It was pretty nerve wracking.

Very nice place. Highly recommended to all that you head to Burlington CC. Great S&T; School there. Thanks for the post!

My teacher Steve in the video is great.

I take lessons from Steve too. Excellent instructor. If the lesson in the video from Steve were my first lesson, it would have saved me a serious world of hurt.  Such is life.

Steve

If the lesson in the video from Steve were my first lesson, it would have saved me a serious world of hurt.  Such is life.

In 2008, my first year, I went through four "toe up, toe up" guys in my search for the right teacher. Then I just gave up. Thankfully, I found this site and learned how to tell the difference between a good teacher and a bad one. That makes the search a whole lot easier. Then I found Steve and this was our first season working together. I didn't get to see him as much as I wanted, but we put in a lot of good work in the time we had. How long have you been working with him?

He pretty much changed everything I do haha. From the putting stroke all the way up to the full swing. Fine by me, since I was hanging around a 23 index or so at the time our lessons started.

Actually, this is getting off topic, so maybe I shouldn't start a convo here, but it's cool that you work with Steve as well.

Originally Posted by seve

Stack and Tilt Sucks!!! Not technically correct...totally unnatural...And mostly, it hurts golf swings...and backs!

Honestly, Seve could've used some Golf Evolution in his life back on those "bad" ball striking days. But I guess Seve hitting GIR all the time would have been pretty boring, so....

Constantine

Originally Posted by seve

Amazing after having back surgery last year I swing similar to Stack and tilt and my back doesn't hurt.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome