IGNORED

My Swing (uttexas)

uttexas
Note: This thread is 4033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been working hard to get a consistent push draw with the driver--getting there [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sYUURxIYY[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

Been working hard to get a consistent push draw with the driver--getting there[if IE]>

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

not the best camera angle, ball starts at 2nd tree from right and ended up flying over 2nd tree from the left

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Can you tell us what you are working on now? Seems your lower body is quite close now.

For some other things, I feel your P5 has the shaft a bit too steep. From your P5 position I feel that you are forced to compensate with a flip of sorts. I think you could benefit from iacas thoughts on the Jim Furyk move for transition.

Great work though, you should be proud.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mchepp

For some other things, I feel your P5 has the shaft a bit too steep. From your P5 position I feel that you are forced to compensate with a flip of sorts. I think you could benefit from iacas thoughts on the Jim Furyk move for transition.

Richard's always - as you know and he'll be the first to tell you - done the little bit with his elbows pulling apart. That's the primary reason the shaft is steeper at P5 than ideal. It's improved, could improve some more, but there's something to be said for "this is a move that will never look like any popular 'model' but which works for Richard, so... it stays."

Richard, in your evolvr submission(s), let us know what problem shots you're having if any. Or send us some short game stuff if you don't really have any.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What I'm working on now 1. increasing the dorsiflex of right wrist (bending right knuckles to right forearm)--this will decrease cupping at the top and flatten the downswing 2. alignment--I have the terrible habit of aligning with my feet closed and shoulders open to target. These were actually the first things I worked on, but have had the most trouble with. Also working on not having my head go forward at the beginning of the backswing; increasing hip turn; not lifting my front heel up at the top; steepening shoulder turn; elbows together The most recent breakthrough has been feeling that my shoulders are closed at address. They feel closed, but are probably still a hair open. I've also been allowing my head to swivel/turn in the same plane as my shoulder turn--this has helped limit my tendency to move my head forward (even though it feels still) I've noticed that Charlie Wi utilizes the head swiveling. Thanks for the encouragement, I enjoy working with evolvr and working on my swing. Thanks Erik, just uploaded swing vids yesterday. Misses are overdraws and pushes; but hitting lots of nice push draws with all clubs including driver.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

UT-as someone who has tried to self teach S&T; I wanted to say that I really enjoy these posts and think you have come a long way. Swing looks great! I really like hearing what you are working on and what you are doing to help certain problems as it helps me come up with some answers for my own swing. Keep up the great wrok!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

It kinda looks like you have too many swing thoughts or contortions for your body.

On the range, I'm working on two, and at the most, three things at a time. If playing 18 holes, just one swing thought. Thanks, Bo

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

I know little about S&T;, and am not, in general, a big mechanics guru compared to many,  but I play a lot of golf and watch a lot of golf.  I agree that some of the stills comparisons Erik posted show awesome improvement, and I don't want to try to break up the party or anything.  But that last driver video especially the swing looks sort of oddly compressed and forced and cramped.

Even the couple pure S&T; pros have much more flowing, smooth swings.  Is that not something that's encouraged among S&T; instructors of amateurs?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by uttexas

not the best camera angle, ball starts at 2nd tree from right and ended up flying over 2nd tree from the left

Sorry, didn't mean fade, meant draw. But I stand by original statement regarding the pull. I'm probably still wrong though.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mdl

I know little about S&T;, and am not, in general, a big mechanics guru compared to many,  but I play a lot of golf and watch a lot of golf.  I agree that some of the stills comparisons Erik posted show awesome improvement, and I don't want to try to break up the party or anything.  But that last driver video especially the swing looks sort of oddly compressed and forced and cramped.

Even the couple pure S&T; pros have much more flowing, smooth swings.  Is that not something that's encouraged among S&T; instructors of amateurs?

Richard has a bigger chest and still gets his elbows too far apart. It looks more "cramped" because it is.

But as I said, it's working for Richard, and it's something a little unique to him. We don't need everyone to look the same. Richard is able to apply what he knows and get better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
It's almost all push draws now with the driver. Getting hips further forward by feeling my front knee driving forwards earlier and longer. Working on increasing right wrist hinge during the backswing to flatten out the swing plane and maintaining flying wedge longer. [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HfGXqdxGaY[/VIDEO] OMG, I captured someone's hosel rocket shank to the left of me. Hilarious!--see the ball bouncing from left to right on the DTL view.
  • Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

• 1 month later...
More hip turn with the driver=long, high push draws. The feeling here is to initiate the swing with the hip turn. Need to work on steeper shoulders, more right wrist hinge, and other things [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYzeYSmluE[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

First, your aiming way right, your shoulders are square, your hips are aimed way right on ya.

Second, i think you straighten your back leg to much. You also are on the outside of your back foot, look at how the inside has rolled over, as your left heel comes up.

The head looks like it stays still more now than the previous video, but it still drops down and back. I think if kept your back heel from rolling onto the outside that will keep your from falling back.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Your swing looks very forced and unnatural to me right up until about halfway through the downswing. Then it all magically comes together. The impact position looks great.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

• 1 month later...

One year now with evolvr, playing my best golf.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Note: This thread is 4033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!