IGNORED

Are you brand biased?

Note: This thread is 5190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a little brand-biased based on the amazingly good experiences I've had with Taylormade customer service. But at the same time, it may be partially a bad thing that I've had to work with customer service that often. But they always, always treat you right. Other than that, I like the rest of the brands about the same. I have had nothing but bad luck with Nike's stuff though.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely open to putting anything in the bag if it works (just take a look at my signature). So it's a no for me on being brand biased for the most part. Although I am starting to get locked into just Cleveland for my wedges. Since I originally got 3 cleveland wedge lofts at different times, I have also been replacing them at different times. I would only feel comfortable switching wedges if I "clean house" and replace all 3 with the new brand. Like ShanksAMillion, I too used to be skeptical of Nike since to me they seemed like some imposter apparel company trying to make clubs with the best, but now they look to have their act together.

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

I wouldn't call that brand biased, I would call that cash biased. If I had a TMAG card, or any other serious discount like that, I would probably find a set that I liked, just based on price alone. The only thing better than golf is cheap golf......lol

The discount isn't THAT big.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

I suppose I am to a point. But it's not due to love for a certain company. I just really like the looks of the clubs that I've purchased. My bag used to have a large variety in it (Ping, TaylorMade, Cleveland, Mizuno, Callaway, Titleist & Maxfli all at the same time). I decided that I wanted consistancy in what I was looking at at address and really liked the look, feel and performance of my TaylorMade so that is the direction that I went.

I'm not brand biased at all... I have a Titleist driver and 3 wood, an Adams Pro Black hybrid, Mizuno irons, Vokey wedges and a Yes putter. Oh and I play a TM ball now. A little different than my signature but still, if I'm loyal to any one product it would be my Mizuno irons.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

I personally am not brand biased. I like the top brands because of the quality. I also like getting good deals so that influences my decisions on what I buy. I am a deal hawk for all my golf spending. I can't remember the last time I paid retail on anything.

Brian

I have a combination of brands in my bag. This is because I believe one company does not produce the best clubs in every category. For woods I like Taylormade and Callaway, Irons- Taylormade, Wedges- Titleist and Cleveland, Putter- Odyssey and Scotty Cameron. This is because each manufacturer is the best in certain aspects, for instance Titleist and Cleveland have ruled the wedge domain for years because of the quality clubs they produce. I am a person that likes to play the best and I feel that these companies know what they are doing when it comes to specific clubs.

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

I am not brand biased, although my signature contradicts me. At the beginning everything was Callaway, but then when I was looking for a hybrid I tried the Callaway and the Titleist and liked the Titleist. Then the same happened when I bought the 3 wood... When I changed my irons, I wanted the Mizuno MP-57 but I thought that maybe those will not forgive me as the AP2 so I get the AP2. And finally my wedges were Callway, I liked them because they were forged, but since they were 54 and 58 and I was planning to add a 52, I decided to try the Titleist because of all the comments I read about them. But if I try one club and like it, I will buy it, whichever brand it is.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Definately! Ever since I was a kid. I'm not sure why. In baseball, my catcher's equipment had to match - everything All-Star. I had my All-Star set which included glove, Wilson, Rawlings, Mizuno, Louisville Slugger, and now Under Armour. For golf I have a complete Titleist set, 3 complete PING sets, a complete Taylormade set, and I want a complete Cleveland set. I'm not sure why. I think i have some ocd or something. But either way, I play great with whatever is in my hands. I think i do have ocd

In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Definately! Ever since I was a kid. I'm not sure why. In baseball, my catcher's equipment had to match - everything All-Star. I had my All-Star set which included glove, Wilson, Rawlings, Mizuno, Louisville Slugger, and now Under Armour. For golf I have a complete Titleist set, 3 complete PING sets, a complete Taylormade set, and I want a complete Cleveland set. I'm not sure why. I think i have some ocd or something. But either way, I play great with whatever is in my hands. I think i do have ocd

I'm set up for MacGregors and Spaldings. I "need" wedges for my Cleveland set, a driver for my Titleists, a putter and driver for my Mizunos, and a putter for my Hogans. I only need irons, wedges, and a putter to go with my PING G10 driver. Do you think my wife will see my logic?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

In a lot of areas yes, but it doesn't look like I am when it comes to golf equipment.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I am brand biased with irons, I love Mizuno b/c of the "buttery" feel when struck correctly. After that its whatever works and feels best.

My bag goes Stultz driver, MacGregor NVG 2 3 metal, Bridgestone hybrid 2 iron, Mizuno MP 60 & 32 (3-pw), Niki VR wedges (54 & 60*) and Taylor Made Rossa lambaugh putter.

Sorta, I needed to relearn the game, swing and all after to many years away from being a hacker at best. I bought all the same brand to simply provide a reliable baseline. I bought decent GI clubs so I could be sure that my improvement will not be complicated by different offests, swing weights, etc. I am improving. I think any future purchases will be based on hitting the clubs and brand will not matter.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Thank god I have not fell into the 'Bias' category...I currently play with TM Burner 10.5, Adams A2 3 hybrid, chepo 3 wood and starter set irons (both getting replaced soon) and Odyssey white hot xg rossie putter in Ogio Ozone bag... Talk about all over the board... lol...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Absolutely, if it isnt Callaway, I will refuse to buy it. I dont want my bag filled with a bunch of orphan clubs! lol

FT-iQ 10* driver
FT-i Squareway 3 Wood
X-22's Irons
X Series JAWS Chrome 56*, 60*
Zinc Dual Sided Blade Putter HX Hot Bite X-22 Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 5190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!