IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Is it actually on Netflix?! I could have sworn I checked there and did not see it.

I'm using netflix canada. Try downloading Hola for Firefox.

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@nevets88 you have blown my mind. It's like I just discovered YouTube for the first time.

Lol! Glad I could be of service. I use YouTube so much more now. For movie reviews - WhatTheFlickShow/JustSeenItReviews/Chris Stuckman/Honest Trailers, news commentary, news, soccer, harddcore tech news, there is so much good stuff on it. My parents have cable - the whole shebang - DVR, a gazillion channels, premium channels, HD, and sometimes I just find myself using the $35 Chromecast.

I'm using netflix canada. Try downloading Hola for Firefox.

Hola is amazing. I can't believe someone hasn't brought it down - not that I'm wishing for it, far from that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

If you can tell me how to get buffalo Bills game live, I will kiss you.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Sports... The final bastion. Unfortunately, I don't know much about this aspect of cordcutting. But I can direct you to some who might.

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2cstpa/nfl_20142015_guide/

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/search?q=nfl&restrict;_sr=on

Also check in on http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters once in a while - usually good nuggets of new info on sports streaming developments.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Sports... The final bastion

A BIG part of the reason I won't do it.

Too many games: Steelers, Penguins, Pirates. Then golf. Other stuff too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do not try to kiss me, but try wiziwig.tv

Video isnt perfect, sound is generally ok.

But as a disclaimer, do not download any players from that site.

You will have to find the *x* on the ads covering the screen to lose them.

I run it through chromecast onto my tv and is bearable if i put picture in picture on with whatever other game is televised locally - I only run into problems when doing this while my wife is watching netflix or streaming music on her laptop.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

A BIG part of the reason I won't do it. Too many games: Steelers, Penguins, Pirates. Then golf. Other stuff too.

ESPN and HBO, I think some higher ups are talking about streaming options w/o a cable subscription. Streaming will come in some shape or form, but how long, is anyone's guess.

Steve

• Administrator
ESPN and HBO, I think some higher ups are talking about streaming options w/o a cable subscription. Streaming will come in some shape or form, but how long, is anyone's guess.

That's irrelevant. First off it's years away, and second, they're likely not going to get the broadcast rights for EVERY game. I'm not talking about just major events; I'm talking about EVERY Penguins game, EVERY Pirates game, early rounds of golf coverage, etc.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's irrelevant. First off it's years away, and second, they're likely not going to get the broadcast rights for EVERY game. I'm not talking about just major events; I'm talking about EVERY Penguins game, EVERY Pirates game, early rounds of golf coverage, etc.

Its harder when you're in market, but there are options. An antenna gets you most local sports.  Fox, NBC, etc.   I was able to watch the local NFL games sunday as well as the golf tournament.

I'm out of market for my "home" teams, so mlb.tv gives me every yankee game, and the NHL and I think NBA have similar things.  Even with a cable subscription I wouldn't get that stuff and I can't get my NFL team with or without cable anyway (trees block my direct tv capability).  If you're in market, I know mlb.tv blacks you out, and I'd guess center ice and the nba package do the same.  There are work arounds, but its a hassle.  For example, the reddit link @nevets88 posted says you can buy a sunday ticket-like program from the NFL that is blocked in the US, but then use browser extensions to trick the provider into thinking you live abroad.

My most immediate concern is the MLB playoffs.  I don't know if Fox Sports is carried over the air, but TBS is not.  I'll have to see how much of that content is attainable.

I'm going to see if I can do it this year.  Sports is really my only concern because I can get so much other content online.  I'm completely sold on getting everything else online.  But sports....that's the dilemma.

Sports... The final bastion. Unfortunately, I don't know much about this aspect of cordcutting. But I can direct you to some who might.

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2cstpa/nfl_20142015_guide/

http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/search?q=nfl&restrict;_sr=on

Also check in on http://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters once in a while - usually good nuggets of new info on sports streaming developments.

That looks like the real deal.  Buy the foreign nfl package and use an extension to block my location.  Thanks! :-*

Do not try to kiss me, but try wiziwig.tv

Video isnt perfect, sound is generally ok.

But as a disclaimer, do not download any players from that site.

You will have to find the *x* on the ads covering the screen to lose them.

I run it through chromecast onto my tv and is bearable if i put picture in picture on with whatever other game is televised locally - I only run into problems when doing this while my wife is watching netflix or streaming music on her laptop.

I tried that for week 1 last year, then bought sunday ticket (I've since moved and can't get direct tv).  I felt like the odds of me getting a virus using that site were very high, I had to try a bunch of broken links before finding one that worked, and the picture quality was sometimes awful--like, unwatchable.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

• Administrator
Its harder when you're in market, but there are options. An antenna gets you most local sports.  Fox, NBC, etc.   I was able to watch the local NFL games sunday as well as the golf tournament.

I don't think an antenna will get me anything. I'm not picking up ROOT Sports on an antenna, and they broadcast the vast majority of Pirates/Penguins games.

I'm perfectly happy with my DirecTV, thank you very much… :D I have Time-Warner cable, too… for the Internet. Pretty happy with that as well. :D

Yeah, you'll get no disagreement from me on that. Every game, that'll probably be only cable/satellite for a long time.

Steve

I don't think an antenna will get me anything. I'm not picking up ROOT Sports on an antenna, and they broadcast the vast majority of Pirates/Penguins games.

I'm perfectly happy with my DirecTV, thank you very much… :D I have Time-Warner cable, too… for the Internet. Pretty happy with that as well. :D

I liked DirecTV, but we were spending $170 a month and paying for internet on top of that.  Even if I wanted it, I can't get a signal at my house (had to verify that to get out of the contract).  We did upgrade to verizon's 25/25 internet for about $55/mo (with a phone line)--they match upload and download now.  I think I had 5mbps before and streamed hd video without any problems.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

• Administrator
I liked DirecTV, but we were spending $170 a month and paying for internet on top of that.  Even if I wanted it, I can't get a signal at my house (had to verify that to get out of the contract).  We did upgrade to verizon's 25/25 internet for about $55/mo (with a phone line)--they match upload and download now.  I think I had 5mbps before and streamed hd video without any problems.

I pay under $100/month for DirecTV. Have two TVs, two DVRs, have Home Sharing or whatever they call it, including the GenieGO so I can watch (if I want) from a hotel room or, more often, from my iPad in my office.

I pay less than $170 for TV/Internet/phone (the home land line, which is really VoIP, cost about $1.03/month).

I have a soft spot for Tea Leoni. Is she on the Beautiful Women thread? This might merit a stream it later.

Steve

• Administrator

I have a soft spot for Tea Leoni. Is she on the Beautiful Women thread? This might merit a stream it later.

I am looking forward to this one, but hope it can live up to the hype it has pushed out for itself.

• Administrator
Quote:
The Newsroom will return to HBO with six episodes for a third and final season on November 9.

SIX? SIX ****ING EPISODES? THAT'S ALL?

SIX? SIX ****ING EPISODES? THAT'S ALL?

Weird, wonder if there was a budget issue.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram