IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Australian mini series Secret City with Olivia from Fringe speaking in her natural accent, it's sort of House of Cards with a mix of The Wire season that featured journalists. Only one first episode but intriguing so far.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Australian mini series Secret City with Olivia from Fringe speaking in her natural accent, it's sort of House of Cards with a mix of The Wire season that featured journalists. Only one first episode but intriguing so far.

I have to ask: is she still as gorgeous as I remember?

Have to say, I loved Jon Snow fighting enemies in every direction during the last episode of GOT.  

Corey

On 6/21/2016 at 11:39 PM, Warren Zevon said:

I have to ask: is she still as gorgeous as I remember?

Have to say, I loved Jon Snow fighting enemies in every direction during the last episode of GOT.  

She pretty much looks like she does in Fringe. And we get to hear her swear, woohoo.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just finished the last season of Downton Abbey.  There is nothing about that show that I should like, yet I friggin loved it.  

Excited about the new Star Trek series.  Haven't learned much about the plot, I think they're keeping it on the DL but many of the folks who were involved in making previous series will be involved and it'll supposedly be a little grittier since it'll be on CBS's streaming service.  No idea how to get it but I'll figure it out.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ON SUNDAY NIGHTS NOW???

Game of F**ing Thrones.

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ON SUNDAY NIGHTS NOW???

Game of F**ing Thrones.

Haven't caught tonight's episode, but Preacher has been decent.  

As for GOT...wow.  Is it bad that it feels kind of...predictable?

Corey

5 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Haven't caught tonight's episode, but Preacher has been decent.  

As for GOT...wow.  Is it bad that it feels kind of...predictable?

It depends, if you've been following all the theories and speculation, it can feel predictable, the power of the crowd to speculate an author's intentions is strong with the crowd. Last episode, there were some things that didn't make sense to me, but I've been talked down, the finale is a doozy. 

If you've been reading the books - some have been literally been waiting decades to confirm their theories and to see them play or not play out, as the show has GRRM's imprimatur, it is immensely satisfying to take a phrase from LOST, GET SOME ANSWERS. I WANT ANSWERS! You get a major answer in this episode.

Steve

Game of Thrones.... What am I going to do now on Sundays? But I have to say that was a great resolution to that plot line. Cersei took care of business. Tommen, you were useless. Begone! The best scene was Cersei putting on her battledress. You knew shit was going down. I just didn't expect wildfire. I thought Tyrion used all of it in the Battle of King's Landing. Speaking of the name... Tommen gave a new meaning to the name King's Landing. (rim shot!) And then Cersei had the Sister of the Sparrows and waterboarded her with the wine. And the memes keep coming.....

Cersei%20Meme%202_zpsc4jepjhg.jpg

darth-cersei-finale-spoilera-2929372_zps

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

WAYWARD PINES - enjoying the 2nd season ... surprised it came back - thought it was a once and done after Ethan bought it at the end of season one.   Such a rad concept ... love the new twist with the dr.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I just finished watching this season of GOT a couple days ago.  This was a pretty mild season actually, not really any shocking deaths.  I think I read there are 2 seasons left, if that's true then there must be some serious bad happening next year and the last.

Just can't keep up with the onslaught of shows these days. Barely caught up w/the two OJ shows, Silicon Valley, Veep, The Night of among others. Sill digesting Game of Thrones. That's not even Netflix, with new seasons of existing shows, but I really think a lot of them are overrated. Marco Polo is awful for example although I really like Peaky Blinders and I think there's a new season of that. And have not finished Amazon's Transparent, there's also a new season of Catastrophe. Just way too much content out there.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

"The Night Of" on HBO. 8 episode mini-series that started last night. If the rest of it is anything like the first episode it is can't-miss TV.

Bill M

48 minutes ago, phan52 said:

"The Night Of" on HBO. 8 episode mini-series that started last night. If the rest of it is anything like the first episode it is can't-miss TV.

The detective role was originally for Tony Soprano. The detective and the kid who made all the wrong moves have great presence. I love the slow burn and can see the rest of the episodes having a lot of potential. Normally stay away from cop shows, the genre is so worn out, but this one is compelling. Tiny nitpick, but the transitions between locations when they're driving, some don't make sense and I'm pretty sure that left turn near Lincoln Center is legal.

Steve

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

The detective role was originally for Tony Soprano. The detective and the kid who made all the wrong moves have great presence. I love the slow burn and can see the rest of the episodes having a lot of potential. Normally stay away from cop shows, the genre is so worn out, but this one is compelling. Tiny nitpick, but the transitions between locations when they're driving, some don't make sense and I'm pretty sure that left turn near Lincoln Center is legal.

Actually, James Gandolfini was going to be the lawyer who John Turturro is playing. After Gandolfini’s death, Robert De Niro committed to taking over the role but had a scheduling conflict so they eventually convinced Turturro to take the role. I think he is a terrific actor.

Bill M

10 hours ago, phan52 said:

Actually, James Gandolfini was going to be the lawyer who John Turturro is playing. After Gandolfini’s death, Robert De Niro committed to taking over the role but had a scheduling conflict so they eventually convinced Turturro to take the role. I think he is a terrific actor.

Yes, I stand corrected. Would have been cool to see Tony Soprano play a ambulance chasing lawyer fighting the good fight.

Steve

I did a binge of the new Netflix series Stranger Things.  Being a kid in the 80s was pretty damn cool.  I give this one a birdie, although nostalgia wants me to grade it an eagle.  

Corey

The Night Of is sooooo good. It's a slow burn, but you're at the edge of your seat, you see developments happening in slow motion and you're like nooooo, don't do that for minutes on end. There are some cliches, but the writing, acting, direction and production are top notch. The writing has shades of The Wire with a little True Detective mixed in and I recognize a lot of actors from other HBO series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q673gGhJ1fU

I skipped around Stranger Things and watched the last 20 minutes, it's getting a lot of good word of mouth, but for some reason, it's not doing it for me, I agree it's very well done, maybe because I was half asleep watching it, should have been sleeping, will revisit it if I have the time. If you want an excuse to watch Winona Ryder, she's in Show Me a Hero and a recent UK spy mini series.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the first season of Penny Dreadful on a recommendation and it was alright.  Kinda heavy on the cryptic/poetry nonsense but I really liked the monster stuff.  Not sure if I'll watch more of it since it's apparently been cancelled.

Just finished the first season of Mr Robot too.  It started off strong but by the end of the season I was completely sick of the hallucinating and anti-capitalism ranting.  It was like christ give it a rest already.  I get it.  Move on.  I probably won't watch anymore of it.

Watched the first episode of Stranger Things yesterday and it looks interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season.

I plan on watching Preacher after the first full season is released.  Like Penny Dreadful I think the supernatural angle will make it a fun show.