IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

• Administrator

The second season of Mythic Quest is not as good as the first. Just less geek stuff, less humor, more serious stuff. It was still a good show, but I didn't enjoy it as much as season 1 because it's not what I wanted from the show.

Meh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

BritBox is now offering Blakes 7 since August 13th.  For anyone who doesn't know, this was a BBC production in the late 70s that tried to jump on the Star Wars bandwagon.  It was low budget, but well written and is considered a cult classic.   It mainly made its way on public TV stations years ago but has been hard to find in NA unless you eBay purchase another region DVD and use that.   I've been waiting a long time to be able to watch it.

The plot revolves around a band of morally ambiguous people who are fighting the Terran Federation, an oppressive government in Earth's future.  It's a dystopian future and many of the characters are not truly heroic but instead are challenged to do the right thing.  The special effects are ambitious although look very dated by today's standards.  Main character immunity doesn't last throughout the 4 seasons, and actors came and left, so they were willing to take some risks.

—Adam

17 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

BritBox is now offering Blakes 7 since August 13th.  For anyone who doesn't know, this was a BBC production in the late 70s that tried to jump on the Star Wars bandwagon.  It was low budget, but well written and is considered a cult classic.   It mainly made its way on public TV stations years ago but has been hard to find in NA unless you eBay purchase another region DVD and use that.   I've been waiting a long time to be able to watch it.

The plot revolves around a band of morally ambiguous people who are fighting the Terran Federation, an oppressive government in Earth's future.  It's a dystopian future and many of the characters are not truly heroic but instead are challenged to do the right thing.  The special effects are ambitious although look very dated by today's standards.  Main character immunity doesn't last throughout the 4 seasons, and actors came and left, so they were willing to take some risks.

I watched a few random episodes of this when I was very young, and quite liked it.  I may sign up for the 30 day trial to check it out.  I tried watching Space 1999 a while back, but couldn't get into it.

I've exhausted the four seasons of Vikings available on Netflix lately.  I enjoy it, but not enough to subscribe to another service just to watch the final two. 

Corey

Tried an episode of the new Fantasy Island, but it didn't click for me. No KHAANNNNN!!!

Wasn't crazy about the Ted Lasso Christmas episode, but love Roy Kent, he's kind of one note, but he's the best part of the show, at least for me. Wondering where they're going with the sports psychologist.

Reservation Dogs is so good, if you like Atlanta, you'll probably like RD.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Of the new stuff (and not even in my top 10 of all time...)...

Outer Banks. It's so bad, it's good. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• Administrator

Okay, that's just good timing.  I logged in to make sure I report today's 5 minute and I'm about to sit down to watch the first episode of Ted Lasso, a show I'm told I'd like.  I'll report back about it after I've seen a few in the coming days.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

And a good thread here:

Really enjoying Marvel's What If series on Disney+. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

46 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Me too, I just wish the episodes were a little bit longer.

Corey

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I’ve not seen What If.  Loki was odd and only Ok.  I really liked Falcon & the Winter Soldier.  Tried watching WandaVision and could not get through the 1st episode.  I hear WV gets better but I’ve not been motivated to watch more.

A very crazy choice, I watched a kid’s series called The Mysterious Benedict Society on Disney+.  It is a kids show but has some subtle humor and I found it a relaxing watch.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I didn't know Jason Sudeikis came up with the idea for Ted Lasso like a decade ago:

Some of the bits from that video are in the show. Including Beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqypM7jb5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh1pApnX8Sc

34 minutes ago, iacas said:

I didn't know Jason Sudeikis came up with the idea for Ted Lasso like a decade ago:

Some of the bits from that video are in the show. Including Beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqypM7jb5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh1pApnX8Sc

I knew it was based on a commercial but never seen it, for some reason, this is going around. I knew I could have just looked it up but never bothered.

I also learned that Roy Kent is based on a real player Roy Keen or something like that.

The bit in one of episodes with Wembley stadium and old Wembley stadium and Coach Lasso not knowing the pitch was different sizes was funny.

It's also on brand that the fold up bicycle in the show is made by Brompton - I would guess people might call it the Apple of fold up bikes.

Schmigadoon! started out pretty good, middle was good too, but faltered at the end.

Netflix's second season of Into the Night was just as propulsive as the first season.

Reservation Dogs continues to be so good.

Undecided on HBO's Scenes From a Marriage.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.