IGNORED

Golf Gloves

Note: This thread is 5146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been buying the Callaway ones that are sold at Costco. Three in a package for $14.XX. They seem to last and have good grip.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I have been buying the Callaway ones that are sold at Costco. Three in a package for $14.XX. They seem to last and have good grip.

That's good to know. I got that as a gift from X-Mas and haven't even opened it yet.

Ok, another question besides the OP's... Does anyone know which, if any, companies that make gloves in 2-3xl? Im a big guy with huge hands, and have yet to find a pair on the rack at any of the pro shops around here. I have never played with a glove for this reason, but would like to try it for sure, see what kind of difference it makes in my grip.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Ok, another question besides the OP's... Does anyone know which, if any, companies that make gloves in 2-3xl? Im a big guy with huge hands, and have yet to find a pair on the rack at any of the pro shops around here. I have never played with a glove for this reason, but would like to try it for sure, see what kind of difference it makes in my grip.

Found 24 of the XX size,,,,,

http://www.tgw.com/customer/search2....a1112=xx-large

Just had three pairs of FJ Weathersof delivered today - first time buying FJ, and the one I tried on fit like a glove. :)

I've tried many diff brands, and these FJ's feel the best by far - we'll see how they hold up after a few humid summer rounds.

Found 24 of the XX size,,,,,

Wow! Damn, thanks fo taking the time to search for that and post up the link for me! I'll be ordering a few different kinds to try them and see what I like!

Again, thank you very much!

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

One of the golf shops near me has their house brand, and they're regularly on sale $3.99 each. They tend to last me a good month each if I use it only, but I tend to keep three in process in my bag, and rotate them, especially at the range. I also keep 1 or 2 unused in my bag, in a separate compartment, in case I ever need a completely fresh glove. I stock up when they're on sale at that price. I was using name-brand gloves at the beginning, but I can't feel the difference between the house brand and these, although I haven't tried a name-brand in a while.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anyway have any golf gloves that they really like? I have probably tried every glove out there and they either 1) get a hole after 2 weeks or 2) don't give me the proper feel on the club..

I typically by Titleist Players gloves (blemish models from a local store).

I bought some TaylorMade Targa gloves from rockbottomgolf.com that do very well, also. The current faves are Bridgestone players gloves. Saw these on sale at TGW.com. Wore one today, super glove.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Another +1 for FJ WeatherSof... These things feel great and last forever... A friend of mine had a navy blue one several years ago and it became a running joke with us how long it would last... He used that thing for almost a year before it finally wore out

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I usually cycle between 3 gloves, one for the range and two for playing. I like to swap gloves halfway through, especially during the summer.

+1 to Callaway gloves for fit and feel. I don't tend to rip through gloves quickly in general, usually the first thing to go are a few small connections between the holes on the tops of my index finger... doesn't really change the glove function.

. . . . . .
Cleveland HiBore XL Tour 9.5deg . Fujikura Fit-On-M Red S-Flex | Titleist 904F 15deg . Rifle 6.0 | Nike Pro Combo 3-PW . Rifle 6.0 | Clevelang CG15 52/56deg | Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 | Footjoy DryJoys | Calloway Cart Bag

The best glove ever made, unfortunately made no more, was the Tommy Armour Tour Players glove. It was solid leather, very thin and fine stuff, and it was just $10. It fit so well, and it lasted decently well.

Well, now that those are gone, the WeatherSof is the best. It lasts more than month, (around 3,000 swings). They tear on the seams if at all. The leather gloves don't last as long, 1,500 swings maybe. The main glove wear I get is due to the fact some of my grips are a little too small (I need to change them to midsize), and the heel of my palm doesn't stay firmly down on these smaller grips. It rubs, and that can cause wear.

I've tried everything. Callaway's tour gloves are cheap, but they don't ever have cadet sizes. Their midrange gloves are acceptable at best. The Warbird is a terrible glove though, hard and poor grip. Wilson makes really nice gloves, and the ProSoft is great. Any Titleist or FootJoy glove is going to do good. Backspin now makes a nice pro glove for $11. I might try that out. The Nike DuraFeel is also a good glove, a little more like the WeatherSof.

Best Glove is the Taylor Made Targa Tour. The right amount of durability, grip, and sweat wicking.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's good to know. I got that as a gift from X-Mas and haven't even opened it yet.

That is funny. I originally got them for Xmas from my wife. I ignored them for a while and finally decided to try them. Since have gone out and bought another package.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

One thing to add as well (I know it's been discussed here before); if you are ripping/wearing holes in your gloves after 2-3 weeks, your grip is almost for sure not correct. Usually you can tell by the type of wear you are getting exactly what is wrong and what you should change in your grip (can't remember specifics off the tope of my head).

I partially agree here. However, it depends on why the glove is breaking down. If it is a hole in the palm of index finger, then i agree you are probably gripping too tight. But my glove issues are that the seams tend to come apart.

One thing you should know about me is that I take my glove off after every shoot so I may put it on and take it off more than most.
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

One thing to add as well (I know it's been discussed here before); if you are ripping/wearing holes in your gloves after 2-3 weeks, your grip is almost for sure not correct. Usually you can tell by the type of wear you are getting exactly what is wrong and what you should change in your grip (can't remember specifics off the tope of my head).

Nah, not true. Things like swing speed and grip type also affect glove wear, as does the number of swings you make. Pros usually wear a glove for just one round. While it is true that wearing big holes in the glove after a hundred full swings is not good, eventual tears and small areas that wear away are no big deal. For example, my grips are fairly rough (Crossline), and a little small.

The heel of my palm which sits on top of the grip wears the fastest, and the most wear is at both ends. The club sits along the lifeline, and that's where the wear is. This is merely where the club makes contact, so of course it wears a little faster than the other spots. Because the gloves don't fit perfectly, there's a little slack at both ends. This slack is where the wear occurs. When holes form, they form at the exact spots where there is some slack on most gloves, inside of the thumb, and palm heel. With a glove that fits perfectly or near to it, the wear occurs more toward the middle of the glove. Despite that, a synthetic glove lasts me more than a month, which is about 3,500 swings, while a real leather one lasts more like 2,000.
I usually cycle between 3 gloves, one for the range and two for playing. I like to swap gloves halfway through, especially during the summer.

I've done that before, it's not a bad idea.

i don't see how my gloves ripping at the top middle of my index finger would be caused by a "wrong grip"... but if someone could explain that , please let me know so i can correct it

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

I use Footjoy and Cleveland gloves in XXL. Tough to walk in a store (walmart, golfsmith) and find them. Take a look online and you should be good to go.

Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

Note: This thread is 5146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!