IGNORED

Augusta Week

RC
Note: This thread is 5131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, it has started and every year there is a special feeling when Masters Week rolls around. It signals the renewal of everyone's season, the time when we get pumped about the year ahead. There are many great tournaments, but that special feeling generated by Augusta National and all its history is unique in my opinion.

Watching some past Masters on the Golf Channel tonight just raises my excitement level. This place is hallowed grounds. I can hardly wait for the start of this year's tournament. Are the rest of you as motivated and elevated about golf by this venerable event?

RC

Are the rest of you as motivated and elevated about golf by this venerable event?

I wish I could watch this week's highlight reels of previous years, but my TV at school is antenna-only. Seriously, I get CBS and NBC, and sometimes FOX or ABC. I have a big paper due Wednesday, so it's just as well. When I am done with being a student and have a real job, a cable package that includes ESPN and The Golf Channel is a priority.

So, what am I doing? I'm TiVoing the par-3 contest at my parents' place. Wednesday night, I will go home and watch it, and hang around until Thursday night, watching the Masters on Thursday. Friday, I have class 10-12, and will TiVo Friday's round, and go home and watch it on tape delay after class is finished. I will spend the weekend watching the Masters, and might have a friend come join me on Sunday. I watched Daytona at his place, having never watched that before. He introduced me to golf, both for-real and because he gave a mutual friend the TW04 that got me hooked. But he rarely watches golf on TV, so it will be great to share this experience with him. More importantly, my mom might watch some too. She rarely has time to sit down and watch more than a hole or two when I watch some Sundays at my folks' place, but she says she wants to make time for this.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I set up the TiVo for the Wednesday Par 3 and then for Thursday and Friday; I'm on the west coast, so they come on fairly early when I am at work and will sit and watch them the night of. As for the weekend, i have already warned the family that it is Masters week and not to expect a lot of participation from dad.

The Masters says Spring, now if I could just get the weather to cooperate!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Well, it has started and every year there is a special feeling when Masters Week rolls around. It signals the renewal of everyone's season, the time when we get pumped about the year ahead. There are many great tournaments, but that special feeling generated by Augusta National and all its history is unique in my opinion.

Yes and Amen!

Love it... there are a few of us that are Masters Nuts apparently. I have friends that don't get it at all. They say it is just golf on TV and you can watch that any time, night or day -- there is even a whole channel on TV for golf. There are even serious golfers I know who don't get wrapped up by Augusta. It is just golf on TV. Not so for me. This is my Super Bowl.

RC

Love it... there are a few of us that are Masters Nuts apparently. I have friends that don't get it at all. They say it is just golf on TV and you can watch that any time, night or day -- there is even a whole channel on TV for golf. There are even serious golfers I know who don't get wrapped up by Augusta. It is just golf on TV. Not so for me. This is my Super Bowl.

personally, i'd rather watch the master's than the superbowl any day. notwithstanding that i like to watch the commercials.

I'll be watching streams at work and then on tv when i can!! Love the masters!

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Im not really a masters nut - the US open is the only tournament i get all geeky over. But i like to tune in to see the players in what really is the smallest setting they play in. There is less clutter at the masters than any other tournament.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The Masters is special to me, as it was last year's amazing ride (Kenny Perry's storyline) that got me hooked on golf. Now with Tiger (not my favorite but still exciting to watch) coming back, Anthony Kim and Ernie Els running hot, etc, I can't wait for it to start! Thank God ESPN captures the first two rounds!

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Like the OP, got to watch the highlights last night and I am pumped....just something amazing about that course and the tournament as a whole....it's going to be amazing......look forward to the Masters every year.....hope the weather is beautiful and the scoring is low....

I am truly excited! I'll watch as much as I can but with this beautiful weather we've been having, I will definitely not choose watching over playing!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

This is my second most favourite tournament of the year, first being The Open. I love watching golf, and rarely miss a saturday or sunday round (thank you DVR!), and never miss ANY round of a Major.

We always watch the Sunday rounds of any majors at the clubhouse. Kind of a members only gathering.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

This is my second most favourite tournament of the year, first being The Open. I love watching golf, and rarely miss a saturday or sunday round (thank you DVR!), and never miss ANY round of a Major.

Yes, god bless the DVR!!!! This is my first masters, other than highlights. I am very excited! I hope Tiger is great this week and I hope Phil finds his game so he and Els finish in the 2 and 3 spots. Its going to be a crazy week.

IN THE Nova BAG:
Cleveland Launcher, 10.5, ALDILA VS Prototype 60g S flex
Adams Fast10 3w
Cleveland Mashie M3 hybrid 20.5 S flex 
Ping G5 4-PWSGS 52, 58, 62Ping iwi anser 34"Bridgestone B330-RXS

It's only my second or third Masters, but I'm as excited as I can get. The season here is also just about to start, so golf is pretty dominant right now. I will watch everything on TV, probably a couple of reruns too.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

yep, love Masters Week!!

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Who is televising the Par 3 contest? ESPN? That is one I have never caught. Only the highlights.

Yes I am so jazzed about this week too. My parents want to go up to their mountain cabin this weekend but I refuse because they have an old school TV up there. Masters on my HD 55inch plasma is a MUST!!!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Who is televising the Par 3 contest? ESPN? That is one I have never caught. Only the highlights.

I'm 99% sure it's on ESPN, noon-2 on Wednesday. I set mom's DVR to record yesterday, but it has a "search for golf on TV" feature, and I just used that until one had a matching description.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Wed, April 7 -- ESPN -- 3-5 PM ET
Thu, April 8 -- ESPN -- 4-7:30 PM ET
Fri, April 9 -- ESPN -- 4:30-7:30 PM ET
Sat, April 10 --CBS-- 3:30-7 PM ET
Sun, April 11 --CBS-- 2-7 PM ET

I won't be able to watch the par three contest on Wednesday, but there will be a rerun on Viasat Golf right before the first round on Thursday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 5131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!