IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Great round. Your irons must be amazing if you scored like that and hit a few bad tee shots. Keep it up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great round. Your irons must be amazing if you scored like that and hit a few bad tee shots. Keep it up.

Well bad tee shots, that ended up in a not so bad location. 10 yards either way and I would have to play a much tougher shot. Like this one shot, I was about 3 yards difference from being right up against a small tree. I was able to hit a 7 iron to 15 feet for my 2nd shot on a par 5.

So that could easily have been a 2-3 stroke swing right there. I rather not have to get lucky all the time with these errant tee shots.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well bad tee shots, that ended up in a not so bad location. 10 yards either way and I would have to play a much tougher shot. Like this one shot, I was about 3 yards difference from being right up against a small tree. I was able to hit a 7 iron to 15 feet for my 2nd shot on a par 5.

So that could easily have been a 2-3 stroke swing right there. I rather not have to get lucky all the time with these errant tee shots.

I concur. Still congrats on the sweet round.

Much better tonight

36 EVEN!!

nGIR: 9

Putts: 13 (WOOT!!!)

I thought it was going to be a long night. I chunked my driver, I mean the divot started about a foot behind the ball. So I ended up 230 yards out, and just smoked a hybrid to about 15 feet bellow the pin. That was like 1.3 to 1.5 strokes saved right there.

Hole 17 I just smoked the drive, right into a fairway bunker!!! I was like, the fairway bunker is only that big, and my shot zone is that big. The odds are slim. I have been pushing/blocking my drives all day. The time I hit the ball where I am, right into a bunker. About a 60 yard bunker shot. I take my 52 degree, choke down a bit, and played it just behind the center of my stance. I leaned forward a bit and just hit this easy low pitch shot. It one hopped and hit the flag stick. Still had enough juice to end up about 3 feet in the rough. Got up and down for par!

Driver was still so-so. First hole as said was a chunk. Hole 14 was a big block right. Hole 15 was a good push draw. Hole 16 was a heel pull. Haven't hit one of those in a LONG time. Kinda shocked me. Hole 17 was the BOOM bunker drive.

Irons were pretty good. First par 3 was a slight over draw. Next par 3 was just a bad shot, I gave up on the swing (no hips at all). Par 5, I hit a great 8 iron to 60 yards out. The last hole, short par 4 down hill. Hit a 5 iron in the middle of the fairway, then hit a great iron to about 20 feet.

More good shots this time around. Lets keep building on this.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Much better tonight

36 EVEN!!

I thought it was going to be a long night. I chunked my driver, I mean the divot started about a foot behind the ball. So I ended up 230 yards out, and just smoked a hybrid to about 15 feet bellow the pin. That was like 1.3 to 1.5 strokes saved right there.

Hole 17 I just smoked the drive, right into a fairway bunker!!! I was like, the fairway bunker is only that big, and my shot zone is that big. The odds are slim. I have been pushing/blocking my drives all day. The time I hit the ball where I am, right into a bunker. About a 60 yard bunker shot. I take my 52 degree, choke down a bit, and played it just behind the center of my stance. I leaned forward a bit and just hit this easy low pitch shot. It one hopped and hit the flag stick. Still had enough juice to end up about 3 feet in the rough. Got up and down for par!

Driver was still so-so. First hole as said was a chunk. Hole 14 was a big block right. Hole 15 was a good push draw. Hole 16 was a heel pull. Haven't hit one of those in a LONG time. Kinda shocked me. Hole 17 was the BOOM bunker drive.

Irons were pretty good. First par 3 was a slight over draw. Next par 3 was just a bad shot, I gave up on the swing (no hips at all). Par 5, I hit a great 8 iron to 60 yards out. The last hole, short par 4 down hill. Hit a 5 iron in the middle of the fairway, then hit a great iron to about 20 feet.

Beast mode thats all that needs to be said.

Much better tonight

36 EVEN!!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Much better tonight

36 EVEN!!

So, with your 36 the other day and the 36 on this round, combining the 2 for a +1 round of 72 you should see a marked drop in you handicap next revision?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

So, with your 36 the other day and the 36 on this round, combining the 2 for a +1 round of 72 you should see a marked drop in you handicap next revision?

If he keeps shooting that low, yes. Bear in mind that it's the average of the best 10 out of your last 20 rounds.

- Shane

If he keeps shooting that low, yes. Bear in mind that it's the average of the best 10 out of your last 20 rounds.

I don't have all that many scores posted right now so I'm used to one score making a large dent. I think most of you guys post a lot more rounds than I do.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Yep. I still got a buffer of high scores on the list :whistle: I need to tone it down so my handicap isn't too low for the august outing :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yep. I still got a buffer of high scores on the list :whistle: I need to tone it down so my handicap isn't too low for the august outing :-D

Sandbagging eh? =P

- Shane

Scramble today, had a good time, wish I could have brought my A game, I brought the C game today.

Time for me to take the driver out of the bag. That club is not doing well for me at all. Was in a scramble today, and just was spraying the driver.

Straight over draw, Straight over draw, Straight over draw,

Push Draw (good drives): 2

Thin Straight shot: 3

Big Push (30-40 yards right of the fairway): 3

Straight Too much Draw (20-30 yards left of fairway in trees): 3

Just not a consistent miss, and I am thinning way too many drive. My push draws ever were a tad too low. When I try to hit up on the ball I thin it. I just can't get a consistent shot out of this club.

Irons were not good either. Everything was coming up short. I had maybe 2 good full iron strikes all day (where I actually hit them with some authority). Don't know why but I was just easing up on EVERY Shot. I don't know if something was bothering me or not, but I had half a dozen iron shots end up short of the green. I mean short of my stock distance by 15 yards. They were not mis-strikes. I just was not putting anything behind the shot at all.

My pitching was terrible, everything was SHORT all day. 50 yards to the pin that is in the back of the green, I can't even get the ball to the middle. All day we had with in 80 yards for a pitch shot. I never got the ball pin high once. I just can't make crisp, ball first, contact with pitch shots. I try to use the body more to get some speed through them, then I flip a ton and hit two shots thin (not full out bladed pitch shots, but 2-3 grooves thin, very close to blading them)

Highlight of the day was the putting. I nailed some big putts from outside of 15 feet. So my putting gets better and my long game goes to :censored:

I am foreseeing a trip to the driving range with the video camera soon. I'll probably shelf the driver till I can hit it consistently on the range. I just have no confidence that the driver will not take me out of a hole. I can't have that, no matter what the distance. It's too much Russian Roulette right now. 50% playable, 50% 1 stroke penalty because I am out of position.

Edit

Quick Note, the reason I don't mention the driver in the previous posts as this one is because the two courses I play weekly are pretty much wide open. Missing a fairway 30-40 yards wont hurt me. So I don't get that reflected much in the score, so it doesn't stick as something that bothers me much. Today we played a much more tree lined fairways. This is my typical driver performance, just very erratic.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just not a consistent miss, and I am thinning way too many drive. My push draws ever were a tad too low. When I try to hit up on the ball I thin it. I just can't get a consistent shot out of this club.

Do you mean inconsistent as in flight and shape, or contact? I'm thinking, if you're consistently missing it low on the face, maybe try teeing it higher? But if you're hitting it all over the face, let me know when you figure out the solution to that please, thanks.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Do you mean inconsistent as in flight and shape, or contact? I'm thinking, if you're consistently missing it low on the face, maybe try teeing it higher?

But if you're hitting it all over the face, let me know when you figure out the solution to that please, thanks.

I am not missing the ball horizontally on the face. I don't toe or heel many shots. I do tend to miss it lower on the face, but it isn't because I tee it up too low. I use standard 2-3/4 inch tees, and I maybe 1/4 an inch into the ground. I do think the ball is teed up high enough. I am just not able to control swing path and face angle right now with the driver. So something is wrong with the swing itself.

My best guess, from my history,

1) I am overswinging

2) My club is still too inside sometimes

The issue with my overswinging is, I think I use that as a way to counter the miss right. The reason is, when I try to swing shorter I usually miss it further right, usually a big push cut. I am thinking it is a timing issue. Just not use to the shorter swing. I'll get video up. I can't assume much of anything right now.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

The more I thought about it. The more my shots seemed to fit into my old patterns. So I must have been not doing anything remotely close to what I need to do with my golf swing, with regards to getting my hips more open at impact.

The thin driver shots are an overswinging flipping move, as well as not getting the hip movement right. As well has having my upper body center moves away from the target in the downswing. When I try to get faster arms in the swing I can tend to hit a straight to pull draw, just because my hips are still not as open and the hands have sped up their rates.

I really need to get that belt buckle pointing to the sky more. The more I thought about it, I don't remember one shot were I felt the proper extension through impact.

So overswinging brings inconsistent timing and hurts keys 1 and 2. My not getting extension hurts my ability to performs keys 4 and 5, as well as weight forward.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I am not missing the ball horizontally on the face. I don't toe or heel many shots. I do tend to miss it lower on the face, but it isn't because I tee it up too low. I use standard 2-3/4 inch tees, and I maybe 1/4 an inch into the ground. I do think the ball is teed up high enough. I am just not able to control swing path and face angle right now with the driver. So something is wrong with the swing itself.

Definitely doesn't sound like you tee it too low. I don't know as much about it as you, but I think 2 1/2" might be a bit too high? I tee my ball at 1 3/4".

The more I thought about it. The more my shots seemed to fit into my old patterns. So I must have been not doing anything remotely close to what I need to do with my golf swing, with regards to getting my hips more open at impact.

That's the most frustrating part of the game, really. You know what you have to do and you've been working on it for who knows how long, but still manage not to do it right.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The more I thought about it. The more my shots seemed to fit into my old patterns. So I must have been not doing anything remotely close to what I need to do with my golf swing, with regards to getting my hips more open at impact.

The thin driver shots are an overswinging flipping move, as well as not getting the hip movement right. As well has having my upper body center moves away from the target in the downswing. When I try to get faster arms in the swing I can tend to hit a straight to pull draw, just because my hips are still not as open and the hands have sped up their rates.

I really need to get that belt buckle pointing to the sky more. The more I thought about it, I don't remember one shot were I felt the proper extension through impact.

So overswinging brings inconsistent timing and hurts keys 1 and 2. My not getting extension hurts my ability to performs keys 4 and 5, as well as weight forward.

This is exactly what I do. I don't know why but I have a mental block about taking my driving range swings that are good to the course. Your scores last week prove that you can do what I can't.  Who know you just might have not been in the right frame of mind for the scramble.  Your a beast you'll get it all together soon.