IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator

KISS.

And the second “s” can be “stud” o or “smarty” or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Went and got fitted for irons today. 

I went with a combo set of the Srixon Z765 (4-6) and Z965 (7-PW). I went with the C-Taper over the Project-X. The Project-X had a better feel, but it it didn’t produce the better dispersion numbers. Really, if I had to rank the feel. Project-X is 95/100 and C-Taper is 90/100. 

Looking forward to the new irons this year ?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I went with a combo set of the Srixon Z765 (4-6) and Z965 (7-PW). 

I got those irons this year as well. Definitely liking the combo. Playability and control for short irons, and forgiveness and distance on longer irons.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• 3 weeks later...

I went up to Erie on Sunday.

Worked on fine tuning what my hips need to do in the backswing.

Feeling like my hips sway away from the target in the backswing, as they turn. This keeps my hips from sliding forward in the backswing. This helps me not stall my hips in the downswing, and also helps my keep my head from dipping down and away from the target in the downswing.

Pictures and video to posted later.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On 3/3/2018 at 6:50 PM, saevel25 said:

Went and got fitted for irons today. 

I went with a combo set of the Srixon Z765 (4-6) and Z965 (7-PW). I went with the C-Taper over the Project-X. The Project-X had a better feel, but it it didn’t produce the better dispersion numbers. Really, if I had to rank the feel. Project-X is 95/100 and C-Taper is 90/100. 

Looking forward to the new irons this year ?

I have the C- taper in a few of my wedges and I really really like how they look and feel. I will probably end up getting them in my irons when I go to get a new set.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on the my hip turn in by backswing. Trying to work on what feel works best. I'm trying not to let the head sway back too much doing this. 

Right now I think it's feeling a stretch in my right side. Almost feeling a reverse C. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes I played bad!

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/ID1RK8Xg4L

I will say, my first time playing in like 5 months. I haven’t been able to hit golf balls over the past 2 weeks. The course has no driving range. 

Driver went from really good push draws to straight hooks. 

Irons were not solid. 

Short game was atrocious. I will refuse to answer (maybe) what happened on hole 11. Ok, I wife’s on a chip and duffed a second attempt. 

Putting was OK for bumpy early season greens. 

I basically went out to make as many good swings as I can with my hip turn feel. It’s needs to be fine tuned a bit before course ready. I know on a few that I had no steady heady at all. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

22 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yikes I played bad!

I will say, my first time playing in like 5 months. I haven’t been able to hit golf balls over the past 2 weeks. The course has no driving range. 

Irons were not solid. 

Short game was atrocious. I will refuse to answer (maybe) what happened on hole 11. Ok, I wife’s on a chip and duffed a second attempt. 

I basically went out to make as many good swings as I can with my hip turn feel. It’s needs to be fine tuned a bit before course ready. I know on a few that I had no steady heady at all. 

Yeah, monster drive on 11 and then, wow.  Been there many a time myself, minus the monster drive part. :~(

Early in the season, though, so as you alluded, I'd chalk it up to rust.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Early in the season, though, so as you alluded, I'd chalk it up to rust.

Definitely lots of rust. Not that I don't need to work on my short game. I was just not focusing on things like I should. I had two really decent pitch shots on holes 17 and 18. I focused on better technique. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Ok, I wife’s on a chip

This typo made me laugh - and I'm totally using it from now on.

"Oh, man, I totally wife'd that one."

- John

3 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

This typo made me laugh - and I'm totally using it from now on.

"Oh, man, I totally wife'd that one."

I typed all that on my iPhone. It's been known to do stupid autocorrects :p 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I think the biggest issue is I am not keeping my head steady on these shots. I was way too lazy and probably faking the pivot by just turning my head up. The last two holes, I kept my head steadier. I got to go back to my good pitch feels. Torso turn stuff.

Irons were not solid. 

I'll expand on this. Some of my iron struggles were due to tee shot placement.

The first hole I tried to hit a low punchy 5 iron (not smart when you haven't hit a ball in 2-3 weeks). We had 20-30 mph with 40-50 mph gusts. I just turned it over too much. The second hole I tried to keep it down again and pulled it into the bunker. The third hole, I hit a slightly pushed distance wedge, but still a GIR. The fourth hole was an OK strike, I just pulled it a tad (GIR). The fifth hole, the wind was out of the left, and I fanned the 6 iron right. The wind pushed it further than I thought into some mucky weeds. The sixth hole, I hooked a drive and had to hit a few punch shots out of the trees. The ball was on top a mix of grass and leaves. The seventh hole, I thinned a SW into a tree, then blocked the next one into the same tree :doh:. I will say this, the first shot took down a big branch, which was funny at the time. :-D The eighth hole, I hooked a drive into the trees. I hit a really good low 7 iron punch cut up next to the green. The ninth hole, I over turned my driver and my next shot was a low 8 iron. I hit what I thought was a great shot only to hit the tree that was hidden behind the pine tree I had to go under. I tried to hit a low punch 6 iron, but I fatted it. I then hit a great SW that flew the green.

Mix of OK, Good and Bad.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I typed all that on my iPhone. It's been known to do stupid autocorrects :p 

Oh sure. Blame autocorrect! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Film it and find ONE feel or thought for next time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I think the biggest issue is I am not keeping my head steady on these shots. I was way too lazy and probably faking the pivot by just turning my head up. The last two holes, I kept my head steadier. I got to go back to my good pitch feels. Torso turn stuff.

I'll expand on this. Some of my iron struggles were due to tee shot placement.

The first hole I tried to hit a low punchy 5 iron (not smart when you haven't hit a ball in 2-3 weeks). We had 20-30 mph with 40-50 mph gusts. I just turned it over too much. The second hole I tried to keep it down again and pulled it into the bunker. The third hole, I hit a slightly pushed distance wedge, but still a GIR. The fourth hole was an OK strike, I just pulled it a tad (GIR). The fifth hole, the wind was out of the left, and I fanned the 6 iron right. The wind pushed it further than I thought into some mucky weeds. The sixth hole, I hooked a drive and had to hit a few punch shots out of the trees. The ball was on top a mix of grass and leaves. The seventh hole, I thinned a SW into a tree, then blocked the next one into the same tree :doh:. I will say this, the first shot took down a big branch, which was funny at the time. :-D The eighth hole, I hooked a drive into the trees. I hit a really good low 7 iron punch cut up next to the green. The ninth hole, I over turned my driver and my next shot was a low 8 iron. I hit what I thought was a great shot only to hit the tree that was hidden behind the pine tree I had to go under. I tried to hit a low punch 6 iron, but I fatted it. I then hit a great SW that flew the green.

Mix of OK, Good and Bad.

Sorry to hear about the crap round, but it will get there - as you know! I wonder whether you're varying your stock shot too much? The driver doesn't look too far off where you'd want it to be and you've clearly got the distance.

Knowing you've been on evolvr ages, I'm sure you've got that one piece you always go back to for contact. Maybe just work on that, slow and simple, keep your tempo and trust that the next time will be a better day? Hey, at least you got out for the day :-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

(edited)
18 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Yikes I played bad!

Irons were not solid. 

I went to the range yesterday for the first time in months with the same intentions of just making some good swings and seeing where my hips were. My goodness....I don't think I have ever hit such horrible shots. Very frustrating even though I know it will get better. I didn't even hit my driver because the irons were so terrible. Very rusty for me as well

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Went back to basics on pitching. Started with chipping first. Then worked my way up to pitching. 

I’m finding pivoting around the left knee worked best. Starting the pivot with the left knee. 

As for the full swing. Irons are bit schoopy right now. Picking everything clean. Direction is decent. Still working on the hip stuff. 

I’ll try to get video soon. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Here is some updated swing. I couldn't get any face on view due to the stalls. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag