IGNORED

Why Would Anyone Want to Carry Their Bag?

colin007
Note: This thread is 5084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

myself and some guys at the course were having this argument the other day...here's what we accomplished:

Carrying

Pros: Cost effective, can walk over green, and takes up less space in car

Cons: Bad for your back, limited "stuff" you can carry, more energy used

Push Cart

Pros: Less energy needed, can carry lots of extras, everything at your fingertips

Cons: Must go around green, initial cost, takes up room in car

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*
Fairway: Wood Nike Sasquatch 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 585 21*
Irons: AP2 4 - PW
Wedges: Scratch 53* 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be location. Last 10 courses I've played, you have no choice- you get a cart and you'll like it. I can't even remember the last time I carried, pulled, etc. Much rather walk. And come on, if you are trying to justify manhood based on your preference for walking a golf course... well, enjoy your little fantasy world. It's golf...

CARBITE Putter

Threads like this give the "Is golf

Couldn't agree more. This might be the most ridiculous question i've read in a while that is apparently...serious. *insert triple facepalm*

Why do i carry my bag? Basically because i'm not a piece of crap. I don't have beef with anyone who wants to ride carts or push their bag, but for someone to tell me carrying my bag is dumb? That's sad if you're that out of shape and feel the need to justify it. Carrying a bag for 18 holes is not tiring at all if you're in half decent shape. Sure, if it's really hot or really hilly, you may not feel like prancing around, but you'll be just as tired walking and pushing a cart. Plus it's not as if the golf swing requires muscular endurance. If you can't summon up the strength to concentrate on swinging a club for 2 seconds, I have much pity on you for your lack of willpower and a competent human body. Basketball players can run up a down a basketball court for 40 minutes, and still have the strength to shoot a jumpshot, which requires much more energy. Granted, i'm not saying you have to be built like LeBron James, but I don't see why you should want to justify being like Tim Herron. Are you going to send your kids to school with one of those ridiculous luggage-backpacks because carrying a backpack is oh so much work? I could see you as someone who rides around a segway instead of walking out of laziness. Not that i care at all if someone wants to ride a segway, but if they then tell me i'm "wasting energy" by walking, I'm going to sue them for the hour of my life i just lost facepalming out of lost hope for society. What, next you're going to tell me to always use a straw, because lifting my coke up is just wasted energy? Not using a straw, man, that would just be stupid , you can get your excercise elsewhere. Please, hide in a closet, it's because of people like you that when i hear someone say "golf isn't a sport", or "americans are fat lazy turds", all i can do is open my mouth to retort...before realizing there are all too many of you who prove them right. Go ahead and be lazy and/or out of shape, i have no problem. I can be lazy too. Just don't try to make yourself feel better publicly. It's annoying and depressing. I'm going to have to go walk 18 tomorrow and immerse myself in rainbows and butterflies to restore my faith in the world. Coolness.

And come on, if you are trying to justify manhood based on your preference for walking a golf course... well, enjoy your little fantasy world. It's golf...

Are you serious? On a forum where guys regularly claim to hit 320 yards off the Tee with their Scotty Cameron Putter you're going to say that carrying a bag is a cry of manhood?

I'm young but my back was suffering from carrying my bag and I prefer to not use a power cart. I bought a push cart last year and I don't care what anybody thinks of me, golf got way more enjoyable and that's what's important to me.

I will be 60 in November, but I can carry my bag for 9 holes if the temperature is below 90 degrees. We have a number of 9-hole courses in the area, and it about doubles the cost of nine if you ride. (None of our 9-hole courses give play-ride package deal)

Besides the exercise, it helps my short game because I can feel better if the turf underfoot is soft or hard.

If I could lower my score enough and get into tournaments, I would probably take a riding cart or use a caddie. Carrying and playing three days in a row would make that final 18 pretty rough.

I like the new push trollies, but they do take up room in the car and cost $150.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thank you! it seems like youre the only one actually THINKING about what i wrote.

Dude, lose the attitude. We all thought about what you wrote. We just didn't agree with you. So far your "logic" seems to amount to "I can't think of a reason not to use a push cart," "Push carts are good," and "You don't need the extra exercise." Oh, and don't let me forget the real gem, "Pull carts are ghey." Sorry if I don't find that "logic" to be compelling.

I usually only play 9, but even when I play 18, my bag is light enough that I'm not really much more tired at the end than I'd be just from walking, and it's rare that I'd play more than that, so the fatigue just isn't an issue. I enjoy walking the course, and I prefer walking with a backpack-style carry bag to walking while pushing a cart.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I use a electric cart when golfing.
My bag doesn't have a carry strap on it and there was only 20 euro in the difference between a motorized/non motorized cart at the shops.

If I had the option to carry I probably still wouldn't.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I've never played without a caddie. But then again I've only played 8 rounds :D. It's not up to me though because on all the courses I played at caddies are mandatory. On the rare occasion that my caddie went to retrieve my OB balls I push the cart and actually think I'd prefer carrying it than pushing/pulling it on the ground.

i can respect that. but if you count every stroke and a stroke or two makes a difference, then carrying yor clubs is hurting.

I shoot worse when using a cart. Don't get into the rhythm of the round and things take longer time when they can't be done while walking. I play better the further into the round I get.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Threads like this give the "Is golf

I agree who gives a shit if you carry or use a cart/ride in a buggy? each to their own.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I like to play the game as it was meant to be played. I carry my bag when I play. It's not that tough unless you have a large bucket of range balls in a pocket you forgot about...

besides, its been shown to cost you strokes by the time you get to the end of your round. the tour guys dont carry their clubs, why would you?

Where has it been shown to cost you stokes? I play better when I walk and carry as opposed to riding in a cart, pulling a cart, or pushing a cart. Plus, if you think carrying is costing you strokes due to fatigue, why are you NOT riding in a cart? It would cause less fatigue than pushing a cart. By not riding, you are costing yourself strokes.

As far as comparing us to tour guys, that is crazy. We don't wear pants when it is 95 degrees out. We use rangefinders and gps devices. We don't make our living while playing golf.

Couldn't agree more. This might be the most ridiculous question i've read in a while that is apparently...serious. *insert triple facepalm*

Wait a minute. This is the most ridiculous(sp) question you've heard, yet you use 5 paragraphs to defend your position? Then you insult everyone who disagrees with you? You sir, are an idiot.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Im just too lazy to set it up and break a push cart down every time i play... Id rather just put my shoes on, grab the bag and go.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Why wouldn't someone want not to carry there bag. Nothing like carrying your bag on the course, enjoying the day. I wouldn't consider not carrying my bag unless the course is layout to were you walk forever between holes or its extremely hilly, like Blackmour in eastern ohio, you just cant carry that course and survive.

Funny you mention Blackmoor, because that course is about 20 minutes from me. Most of the courses are hilly here and some are extremely hilly. The course I frequent (Pleasant Valley) is quite hilly and has large distances between a few holes. I carry and walk them. Mostly for the athletic challenge. You're seriously beat after walking 18. It's great.

Says the Knicks fan....

Knicks fans are awesome because we endure pain like no other.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!