IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I admit that I enjoyed it with Barclay. I kept waiting for that moment when Sir Charles would "get it".

That never happened.

Then, with Ray Ramono. I thought that his wife made more progress than he did during the show.

Now, I don't expect much. It's boring.

Thinking  they will cancel the show.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Couldn't have said it better myself....at least Charles really seemed to try and practice hard....

Ray just fought with him....and himself....

I watched about 10 minutes of the stupidity with Rush today.....two quick quotes I heard...."I haven't touched a club in 3 weeks since we first met", followed up by the gem, "I get better by not playing.....if I play too much, I get worse.....it's been 3 weeks so I should hit the ball great today"

Immediately after, I changed the channel....

This is an incredible waste of time....you put me on TV and give me Haney, I'm gonna hit balls every single day and actually try to improve.....biggest 10 minute waste of my time this month....I'd rather watch Snookie pee in the corner at a club....

Originally Posted by Old1964

I admit that I enjoyed it with Barclay. I kept waiting for that moment when Sir Charles would "get it".

That never happened.

Then, with Ray Ramono. I thought that his wife made more progress than he did during the show.

Now, I don't expect much. It's boring.

Thinking  they will cancel the show.

Is there anywhere to see the ratings for this show? Compared to the previous seasons.

If you are a die hard lefty you will obviously hate this show. If you are a die hard righty you will most likely enjoy the show provided you like golf.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love his line following an unexpected draw shot  ... "nothing good ever happens when you go left".

It's basically a golf reality show - don't take it too serious, obviously, Rush isn't.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

i dont know what Haney knows, but i can say this - he's not a good teacher.

also, heres to hoping that they put Keith Olberman on the next season!!

Colin P.

As much as Rush laughs and makes funny arrogant commentary on the show, seems like he is working hard and knows that Hank can improve his game if he listens and does what he is told.

I think Rush is really improving! What's up with the excessive chest  thumping though?

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I'm enjoying the show! Of course, I enjoyed the other two seasons, too, and my political leanings didn't make me hate the show before it premiered...

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

I think Rush is really improving! What's up with the excessive chest  thumping though?

Agreed. Someone needs to tell him his mic is there and it's friggin' annoying.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like this season best of the 3 so far.  Barkley was fun the first few weeks, but it was clear he wasn't going to get it.  Rush seems to really want to get better and he seems like the first one on the show who is really going to improve his game.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Just saw the episode of Rush and Perez playing a 3 hole handicapped competition tonight. Though his play was edited, Rush hit some nice shots and seemed fairly consistent throughout. Haney's advice of just practicing his swing (even if he didn't hit balls) daily may have been the catalyst for some lasting swing changes.

Though I do like Rush, I was glad Perez beat him. The dude would've been mercilessly ridiculed if he had lost!

As for his excessive chest-thumping...I thought that he was either excessively pleased with himself or he was fighting off some indigestion from pounding down one too many cheeseburgers shortly before filming that day.

How many episodes are left?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Originally Posted by Zeph

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker0065

But surely no one here would be accusing Hank of not knowing basic ball flight characteristics unless it would be out of pure jealousy or ignorance!

I would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Haney on TGC

I'm gonna give you a tip, that's gonna help with the most common mistake that there is in golf. And that is slicing to the right. 90% of the people that play golf slice to the right, and there is only one cause for it. The clubface when you hit the ball, is open at impact.

Either your jealous of Haney or you don't know much about the golf swing, or both? Which is it?

Haney has put more players in the proffessional ranks than anyone here on this DB, so it sounds like pure jealousy,,,get over it!!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I'm enjoying the show this season.  Rush Lumbaugh's commentary is amusing, and he has a magnetic persona. For the record, I am right-winged.  Probably no surprise.  But from a golf aspect, Rush actually seems enthusiastic about improving his swing while Romano only cared about the numbers and Barkley was hopeless.

I heard someone say today, "The worst thing about Rush's game improving is that he is making Sir Charles look bad."

Originally Posted by Parker0065

Either your jealous of Haney or you don't know much about the golf swing, or both? Which is it?

Haney has put more players in the proffessional ranks than anyone here on this DB, so it sounds like pure jealousy,,,get over it!!!!!

Um...  So what?  Accomplishments don't always tie into ability.  The cast of Glee has had more songs on the billboard charts than the Beatles.  Does that make them better, or more popular?  Beyoncè is a woman who sings songs.  She has 16 Grammys.

Dianne Warren wrote:

Always Tomorrow
Strong as Steel
The Arms of the One Who Loves You
As Long as I Can Dream
Because You Loved Me
Blame It on the Rain
But I Do Love You
By the Time This Night Is Over
Can't Fight the Moonlight
Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme)
Chasin' the Wind
Could I Have This Kiss Forever
Cry Over Me
Devil's Got a New Disguise
Do You Feel Me
Don't Need You To (Tell Me I'm Pretty)
Don't Turn Around
Faith of the Heart
For You I Will
Give Me You
Givin' Yourself Away
Have You Ever?
Here in My Heart
How Can We Be Lovers?
How Do I Live
How Many Times, How Many Lies
I Belong to Me
I Could Not Ask for More
I Didn't Know My Own Strength
I Didn't Want to Need You
I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
I Don't Want to Be Your Friend
I Get Weak
I Learned from the Best
I Promise
I Turn to You
I Want You to Need Me
I Will Be Here for You
I Will Get There
I'd Lie for You (And That's the Truth)
I'll Be
I'll Be Your Shelter
I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me
I'll Still Love You More
I'm Getting Used to You
If I Could Turn Back Time
If I Was a River
If You Asked Me To
In Walked Love
Inside
It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be
It's My Time
Just Like Jesse James
Just to Hear You Say That You Love Me
Listen with Your Heart
Live for Loving You
Look Away
Love and Understanding
Love Can Move Mountains
Love Me for Me
Love Will Lead You Back
Mama
Missing You Now
Music of My Heart
My First Night with You
Need to Be Next to You
Next Plane Out
No Fool No More
Not a Dry Eye in the House
Note to God
Nothing Broken But My Heart
Nothing Hurts Like Love
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Now That You Can't Have Me
Numb
The One I Gave My Heart To
One Night Without You
Painted on My Heart
Reach
Rhythm of the Night
Un roman d'amitié (Friend You Give Me a Reason)
The Same Love
Save Up All Your Tears
Saving Forever for You
Set the Night to Music
Show Me the Way Back to Your Heart
Solitaire
Some Hearts
Soon
Spanish Guitar
Stuck with Each Other
Sweetest Sin
Tell Me Where It Hurts
There You'll Be
Time, Love and Tenderness
Too Gone, Too Long
Too Lost in You
Tu amor
Un-Break My Heart
Water from the Moon
What If
When I'm Back on My Feet Again
When Lovers Become Strangers
Who Will You Run To
World Without You
You Wouldn't Know Love
Your Baby Never Looked Good in Blue
Your Letter

And about a hundred others.  She has just one Grammy.  With a straight face, can you say Beyoncè is more talented than than her?  Probably not.  According to the accomplishments, Beyoncè is 16 times more talented.

If we ever associated "talent" with the number of Grammys won, we are really going off the deep end.  Off topic, anyway.

Haney knows far more about the golf swing than 99.99% of the posters here. And, more importantly, he knows how to teach it so that people improve, so long as they are not head cases like Romano or Barkley.  Rush would appear to be a good example of someone who has done the work necessary to get better, and it has certainly shown on the show that he is much better now.

Question for Zeph, since he hates on Haney:  If left-to-right (slice) spin is not caused by an open clubface at impact, what is it caused by?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker0065 View Post

It would probably be cool to try teaching golf for a living, but I can't say I'm jealous of Hank, what's that got to do with anything?

I know some about the golf swing. More than most, but not as much as the best.

Since when did the number of professionals a person teach have anything to do with physics?

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Haney knows far more about the golf swing than 99.99% of the posters here. And, more importantly, he knows how to teach it so that people improve, so long as they are not head cases like Romano or Barkley.  Rush would appear to be a good example of someone who has done the work necessary to get better, and it has certainly shown on the show that he is much better now.

Question for Zeph, since he hates on Haney:  If left-to-right (slice) spin is not caused by an open clubface at impact, what is it caused by?

Who has he taugh, except O'Meara and Tiger?

I don't hate Haney, I wouldn't consider putting enough effort into hating someone. A ball spinning left to right is caused by a swingpath going inside of the clubface angle. Most commonly you see this with a clubface square or shut to the target, and swingpath always inside of the clubface angle. For a right hander, that would mean the swingpath always moves more left than the clubface is angled at impact. Most amateurs are able to prevent the open clubface at impact if they hit a push-slice, but fixing the path is far more difficult. Which is why you often see high handicappers swing to the left with a square or shut clubface and a ball moving left to right. The better they are able to time the closing clubface, the better chance their ball will end up somewhat close to their intended target. It's a difficult way to play golf though.

This means that you can hit a slice with a clubface square or shut to the target. The clubface must of course always be open to the swingpath to create that type of sidespin, but an "open clubface" is most commonly described as one that aims to the right of the target at impact.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!