IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I definitely won't watch and sent an e-mail to the Golf Channel explaining my disappointment with their selection.

Same. I won't watch 2 seconds and Golf Channel's association with Limbaugh gives me a dramatically lower impression of the network, to the point I'm sure I'll become comfy elsewhere. In fact, it's already happened to some extent. I haven't watched one bit of Live at the US Open, and that's never happened before.

Golf Channel can't win. There's no way they get enough credit or ratings bump from conservatives for including Limbaugh, while they darn sure forfeit a huge chunk among progressives and moderates. Only 2 or 3 others would fall in the category with Limbaugh. I'm not sure Golf Channel comprehends that, in terms of certainty of repulsion. I wouldn't watch Ann Coulter or Michael Savage, if allowed a similar vehicle. But others like Beck or O'Reilly or Hannity have more softness and buffoonish qualities, to the point it wouldn't be an automatic rejection, and indeed some curiosity. I'm not curious at all about Rush Limbaugh, after reading two of his books and remembering very well his derogatory nicknames and summations. And he'd never been highly associated with golf, other than an occasional cigar chomping appearance at Lake Tahoe for the celebrity event, trailing everyone but Barkley. This screams of a force. No one has been curious about Rush Limbaugh and golf. Haney has proven to be one dimensional and a poor communicator. I wasn't eager to watch a third version regardless of subject. With this subject, I'll click away at the first sight of a promo and there's no way the surrounding Golf Channel programming will attract my viewership. I wrote a similar theme to Golf Channel and received an individual reply in thanks, saying my message had been forwarded. Yet when I posted almost identical at Golfwrx, in a thread that had already extended 2 pages and seen multiple posts by right wingers with blatant political remarks, I received a 2 week suspension for the comment while many of the righties in that thread are continuing to post. Obviously golf sites are going to tilt conservative but the application is often absurd, failing to comprehend you are condoning opinions that slant your way while rejecting less blatant opinions that lean opposite. This site has sensible moderation but wrx, in particular, is more petrified than any site, of any type, that I've ever seen. I mean, they didn't allow discussion of Tiger Woods during the peak of his problems. That's the epitome of a parody. BTW, no threat of Limbaugh making a McNabb type remark. That was live. Golf Channel will carefully edit, weeks if not months in advance. I'm sure it will be an extremely favorable portrayal. In fact, that's the greatest certainty of all, that posters will wonder how anyone could think he's such a bad guy, once Golf Channel gets through the makeover. Limbaugh no doubt realizes it as well, prompting his acceptance.

Same....

I find the logic of not watching because you disagree with the guy politically to be ridiculous, but understandable.

But it lead me to think how far your political disagreement runs...do you follow up on the political iew of all other show host or partipants. So you will not watch say.....NBA playoffs bcs you think that Kobe is an A$$, or maybe because he may have over conserative views.....what about bones or CSI...do you know which way those folks lean???? Would you watch if it was Anderson Cooper????? Now...if you tell me that you rather not watch because you feel that Rush is a pompous ass or obnoxious wellmaybe that I can understand.
  • Upvote 1
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Well I'd rather not watch because I think Rush is a pompous ass AND obnoxious. But then, so is Keith Olbermann. TGC would have done better by staying away from polarizing figures altogether but that's just my opinion.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Its funny that Barkley gets a pass on here after 20 years of of his racial comments. OH!!!!!!!! thats right...... he's just another black sports figure, and we do not expect him to be be articulate. Thats racist all by itself.

I can picture see some of you anal types asking the starter about a persons party preference before he groups you up on the first tee.
  • Upvote 1

I don't recall giving Barkley a pass on anything. I think he's obnoxious too.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

• Administrator
OK guys, don't walk the line here or the thread gets moved. Politics does not belong in "Golf Talk" please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I certainly won't be watching. Not only because of Limbaugh, but more so of the fact I can't stand Hank Haney or the entire show. It's boring.

I agree with the above poster, put some college golf on or more nation wide events, anything - i want to see good players, not hackers trying to improve.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm not a big fan of this pick, I think the could have found someone better.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

Safe to say I won't be watching this season. Not that the other two were any good anyways. The golf channel needs more instructional shows. Playing with the pros is the best show by far.

I agree. I learn nothing from the Hank Haney Project.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Hate him or not, Rush has a passion for golf. It would be interesting to watch, however its almost 100% certain that this show will get pulled due to viewer complaints.

Frankly the problem with this show is and has been Hank Haney, he is boring and slow. Sure I would kill to have a set of lessons with him, but he is not a tv figure by any means.

Hate him or not, Rush has a passion for golf. It would be interesting to watch, however its almost 100% certain that this show will get pulled due to viewer complaints.

Really? They won't pull this show. Look at all the conversation it has already generated and that's just on this forum. I predict that half the people that say they won't watch, will anyway. It's a curiosity..it's entertainment. If you show it...they will watch!

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

All I know that I have better things to do than watch a guy I find repulsive try to break 80 week after week. If his fans want to tune in, it's no deal to me.

This is probably the road I'll take. I'm not a fan of the guy whether or not he's behind a microphone, so I likely won't watch. Barkley was a sports guy, Romano is tv celebrity and their shows were FILLED withe references to those things. Rush is a right wing political guy who makes a lot of money riling up conservatives and liberals. This Haney Project will probably be filled with political references that will rile up conservatives and liberals and I don't want that when I'm watching the GC.

I don't like listening to Rush Limbaugh, and Haney's droning is borderline intolerable...still...I just know I will be watching TV and there will be nothing else on and I will probably tune in and watch the boring guy try and teach the jerkweed how to golf...and there I will be - sitting and complaining and WATCHING nonetheless. I watched a few pieces of episodes of the Romano series and actually got a good tip that works. I really hate Barkley (jerk) and don't like Romano (Eeyore) and it's just testimony to how starved I am for golf programming that I would watch any of that show.

One day, in the future, there will be tons of golf video "on demand", and that will bring a merciful end to this kind of crap show.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I think watching current or former normal athletes is a lot more enjoyable. I remember an episode of Playing with the Pros that featured Alonzo Mourning in Miami. He was good-natured and took instruction well and it was very interesting. Plus since he is 6'10 he had a very unique swing and some clubs that were about as tall as the guy instructing him (I can't remember the instructor, maybe Jamie Something?). Watching Drew Brees play Pebble Beach yesterday with his baseball swing was also interesting.

Golf is not an edgy game so I don't know why the show creators feel the need to bring in edgy people.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Hate him or not, Rush has a passion for golf.

See the thing is, we really don't know that. People keep saying "this is why Rush loves golf" "capitalist sport" "passion for the game", etc. When they interviewed him on the Golf Channel's Live From the US Open, he said that he has never really taken lessons, he only plays a few times a year, he is hoping Hank can get him into the sport, things like that. Never did he say "I've always wanted to break 80 and improve my swing and get in gold shape". Frankly he basically said that putting him on the show was all done on a whim. He met Hank somewhere, they talked casually, and got called by TGC a few weeks later asking if he wanted to do it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Though I can't stand Rush...I'll tune in...though I still think the Barkley season is the best one...I lost interest to the Romano season when they cut out a month or so when his father passed...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Note: This thread is 4335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!