IGNORED

Big Break Sandals Resort

kennay92
Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's more interesting when there are distinct levels. This show needed a Cirbie type. Last night I was certain the older girl, Kelly, would be challenged by the person closest to the pin. But it was hardly clear it was the correct pick from an ability standpoint.

I hate Save/Send. It really detracts from my interest level of this version. I was hoping Kelly would fling the Save/Send board over the cliff, save Elena, and make a statement that the concept was stupid and unfair, that Big Break had always been admirable in terms of golf results the only path to advance, not popularity, and that she was identifying Elena because she deserved it, as winner of the first contest.

Elimination should be decided by full hole(s) of golf, not circle challenges.

This group is also too bunched in terms of looks, IMO. There are one or two exceptions but overall I thought everyone was cute but not awesome, and not nearly enough variance in terms of All America types as opposed to fragile and bitchy bombshells, and so forth. Perhaps that will emerge.

And the opening segment introducing this group is awful, too many rapid changes of scene and washed out lighting. I literally had to look away many times, my motion sickness activated, despite the caliber of babes. Those intros work best when it's simple, several seconds of player on screen with memorable background and the name in view. They did very well with that in recent versions, particularly Prince Edward Island. This time it's like a kid fresh out of school got the gig and was determined to over do everything, not allowing the same image to appear on screen for longer than two tenths of a second, like a pathetic action movie.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the girls did peak my interest a little I kept think that this show is the "Jersey Shore" of the golf channel. What will be see next week? Can Snooki win the long drive competition?

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

I hope there is some changes in the format in the future shows. Last night's show almost reached a point of the golf becoming the "talent" portion of the competition. From the resumes presented I'm sure these ladies can play, I just hope they let them do so.

Rooting for Maiya...She's gorgeous! :)

+1 oh yeah... she's pretty hot

... she was pretty good under pressure to, always following elena and able to hit good shots and stave off elimination

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

While the girls did peak my interest a little

Do you mean that they piqued your interest?

Or was your interest making a peak under the covers.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I would like to be their caddie!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, How come when I get stuck playing with a female golfer they all look like Phyllis Diller or Courtney Love and play like Rodney Dangerfield?

Roflmao! Jersey Shore. There's some "classy" women. For hookers.

In my OU Bag: Driver 9.5 Neutral Fujikura Motore Stiff
3 Wood Big Bertha
Hybrid 21 degree
Irons Big Bertha 08 Model
Wedges 60 degreeFlatstick Original Answer Winn Midsize Grip Rock Pro V 1 Black"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife...

I watched it last night with my wife and she was like "my God, they're all swimsuit models!" I told her "I only watch it for the golf baby, only the golf". I can see it getting a bit annoying with all the female drama, I do hope they focus on the actual golf more.

As for the course, I know we didn't get to see a whole bunch of it yet but did anybody else think the fairway they showed looked like it was in shitty condition?
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Big Break at Disney had some questionable greens as well.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Last season was fine - it seemed to be a nice balance of eye candy and competition. This season, I'm not sure I'll be a regular viewer.

It's not that I mind attractive ladies or anything but c'mon, Big Break has always been about the golf and the blatant attempt to market the group as "super hotties" just bothers me. Add the introduction of a Survivor-type gaming angle and this could be the season that Big Break jumps the shark (especially since I'm not sure any of the past winners have really done anything notable). I really hope that they keep the focus away from group in-fighting, etc. and just focus on the pure competition.

Yes, many of the women are attractive, but they're attractive relative to the other female golfers out there. If my main goal was really to watch 60 minutes of attractive women on a Monday night then there are much, much better entertainment selections to choose from (without the inherent limitations of a basic cable channel, too, I might add).

Last season was fine - it seemed to be a nice balance of eye candy and competition. This season, I'm not sure I'll be a regular viewer.

Wasn't last season "Disney Golf" and an all male cast?

True, but I can convince my wife to let me watch it if I label it as golf...know what I mean?

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Wasn't last season "Disney Golf" and an all male cast?

Oops, I believe you are correct...possibly a slip of the subconscious. I'll make it a point to tell my therapist about this one!

I meant the Prince Edward Island season.

Those Freudian slips will get you everytime!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Didnt James Nitties win a big break? Or wait, he was there, but lost? I thought he was doing OK on tour?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Oops, I believe you are correct...possibly a slip of the subconscious. I'll make it a point to tell my therapist about this one!

Hey don't worry about it doublej, if you consider Rudy Guliani's son "Eye candy", you are still welcome on the forum. We accept people for who they are. :)

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Didnt James Nitties win a big break? Or wait, he was there, but lost? I thought he was doing OK on tour?

He's doing all right, but Tommy Two-Gloves is kicking butt! He actually won an event.

S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

And the opening segment introducing this group is awful, too many rapid changes of scene and washed out lighting.

I'm looking forward to your critique of the furniture in the beach house.

I'm looking forward to your critique of the furniture in the beach house.

Why, are you armed with another simpleton empty remark?

The opening segment is a staple of every Big Break, introducing the players. It's most effective when the view is stationary for several seconds, allowing the player and name to be connected, and easily associated with a specific background, like the lighthouse on Prince Edward Island, while the viewers get to know the cast. This time they deviated and botched it.

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!