IGNORED

Too HOT!!

alomar123
Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pfffft...If it's not over 90 by 8:00 AM I wear a jacket for the day.

You get used to it, just drink as much water as you can carry. I usually drink two pints per 9 holes. More if I carry..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in south Texas, So I try to tee off no later than 8:30 am. If I play late then its around 4:00 pm. I usually slack off from golf during the summer months. Of course my game suffers even more than it does all ready. So this year I am trying to stay motivated and beat the heat!!!

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

The humidity, coupled with the heat, is the killer.

It’s a dry heat here.

I have come to find that almost no one here in AZ wants to golf after noon, and the green fee is reflected in the abundant absence. There is a course that is just about a hard 5 iron from my house where I can play eighteen with a cart for $10, and that price will hold until the beginning of October.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Had the first tee slot this AM, and could not believe the humidity and haze at the end of the 18 holes. Took a cart for the round - thankful for the breeze and shade.

Better get used to it, the Summer will most likely be more of the same.

Hit it early, and then head straight for either the 19th hole, or a pool.

Due to the holiday, couldn't get an early tee time today, so we walked in 101* here in Richmond. Honestly, it didn't feel as bad as I expected. I drank roughly 20oz of water every three holes and kept a towel handy to wipe grips, and another doused with water for my face. Wore all sweat wicking fabric including my hat. A lot of it, I think, is just getting out in the hot weather and getting acclimated..the first few hot days of the year seem to kill me.

I will say, I did get blisters today, should have changed socks.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Enjoy it, the ball goes much farther in the heat!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

I just moved from New Orleans to Salt Lake City and can't believe the difference humidity makes. I've lived in the South East my entire life and the humidity can be brutal in the Summer. I would always practice on Saturday mornings starting at 6:30 a.m. and would start sweating like a pig by 7:30 at the latest. Just before I left New Orleans I went to the range at 6:30 and had to stop by 7:15 because so much sweat was getting on my grips. Been to the range three times here and haven't even had to towel off once!

For hot weather playing in the humidity here is what I did. I had two small towels, one for my clubs and ball like I normally do and the other for wiping myself down every so often. A cool rag can help a lot. I also froze two bottles of water and two bottles of Gatorade the night before playing and took them with me. I drank them as they melted. Finally, I would take a small towel, get it slightly damp, roll it up and freeze it. I would keep it in a cooler in my truck with some ice and drinks for after the round. The cold rag was very refreshing after a round.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Early morning or late in the afternoon, we are going on our 5th week being in the 90's there hasn't been one day below 90 and you just get use to it.

Sticks-In-The-Bag

R9 Driver 9.5
R9 3 & 5 Fairway
Rescues 3 & 4 Hybrids Burner 4-PW Irons Tp 52, 56, 60 Wedges Rossa Putter

I played at 8am on Saturday and I am in Columbus. It was nice to start out but by the time we made it to the back 9 it was pretty bad.

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

• 3 weeks later...
I feel your pain.

Riding is nice? Cart Golf is an amusement ride. It is not true Golf. Walking golf is an athletic approach to golf. You manage your heart rhythm as you play the game. A steady playing rhythm helps your golf game and can lower your scores. You get exercise. You walk straight to your ball rather than the distraction of grabbing clubs from the cart, walking to your ball only to discover that the clubs you grabbed were the wrong ones for the shot. This slows down your pace of play, and you lose concentration on shot preparation. If it is hot, hydrate during the round. If there is a medical concern, then take the cart as last resort. Golf can't truly be experienced from a cart. You lose the aesthetic appreciation of walking the golf course. Regarding social interaction, walking is much better than riding. When riding, you start a conversation, and then you scatter away from the cart because of ball location at different angles. When walking, you have a chance to get in more conversation as you leave the tee box and progress down the fairway. Riding is not nice, it is noise and visual pollution on a golf course.

I run a golf game every Saturday year round in Tampa.

It's an 8:00 shotgun start, so we normally finish about 12:30....before the heat of the day.

Then, some of us go back out for another round.....

Played today. Teed off at 7:15, temp - 82°. Finished at 11:10, temp 97°. Rode cart. Couldn't have walked 18. Could have walked nine. Miserable down the stretch. I bogeyed holes 14-17 and barely made par at 18. My head was getting fuzzy near the end. Drank lots of water and one gatorade. Wouldn't have gone out but....love this game. Will NOT play this weekend.

Riding is nice? Cart Golf is an amusement ride. It is not true Golf. Walking golf is an athletic approach to golf. You manage your heart rhythm as you play the game. A steady playing rhythm helps your golf game and can lower your scores. You get exercise. You walk straight to your ball rather than the distraction of grabbing clubs from the cart, walking to your ball only to discover that the clubs you grabbed were the wrong ones for the shot. This slows down your pace of play, and you lose concentration on shot preparation. If it is hot, hydrate during the round. If there is a medical concern, then take the cart as last resort. Golf can't truly be experienced from a cart. You lose the aesthetic appreciation of walking the golf course. Regarding social interaction, walking is much better than riding. When riding, you start a conversation, and then you scatter away from the cart because of ball location at different angles. When walking, you have a chance to get in more conversation as you leave the tee box and progress down the fairway. Riding is not nice, it is noise and visual pollution on a golf course.

I find this not only funny, but also to reek of kaka de' toro!!! You're full of it!!!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

A bit full of yourself today.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 9.5º Driver
Cleveland 4W 17º
Mizuno MX Hybrid 20ºMizuno MX-200's 4 - GCleveland G10 56º SWOddysey 2ball with line Putter

Play in Jacksonville, FL all the time during the dead of the day. Its the cheapest and I can play the fastest then. My tricks are never drink beer during this time. The other is Icetowels.... they work wonders and having the right equipment helps a ton on only wear dri-fit shorts and shirts and then ring out the ice towel on myself. It lowers the body's core temperature and when you catch some breeze it will cool you off a lot better than hot sweat. Also about 80% of the golf shirts I own are dri-fit white so this helps with the sun. I typically tee off on the weekends around 12-2 and then about 4-5 on weeknights....

Driver: R5 XL with Fujikira Stiff Shaft
3Wood: T60 Ignite
Irons: 735 CM with S300 Shafts
56 Degree: Carnoustie Black
60 Degree: Carnoustie BlackPutter: 34" Mini T White IceBall: : WhateverShoes: Icon Snake SkinGolf is the only sport where they encourage drug use and its not illegal,...

wow lol...

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

only a fool puts their bodies through undue stress in the dead of summer. Have fun walking and when that heat stroke hits you, just pray that someone comes driving by in a cart.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!