IGNORED

I wore long pants today in 95 degree heat

Comeback
Note: This thread is 5050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought Golite ..they are good !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Polos are considered dress shirts in my opinion as you won't find anyone wearin em to work in (manual labor). Also a recent pole of women found that sandals was one of the worst fasion mistakes a man can make..so no they don't look fine with or without shorts. Leave the sandals in the sand box kiddies.

With all due respect, you have an odd sense of fashion. The Polo shirt is not a dress shirt and although my hat is off to those that do manual labor, not everyone has a job that requires it. If you go into most any office environment today, the Polo is considered business casual at best. I see nothing wrong with a Polo and a comfortable pair of shorts on the golf course. I will agree with you concerning the sandals. others may wear them, but they are not for me.

Why all the animosity? I can think shorts look stupid just like you can say they don't. Sorry but shorts are for kids and girls. I guess i just don't like seeing men's hairy legs.

It's because you are making idiotic comments like "shorts are for kids and girls".

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Yes he looks ridiculous good to see you are getting it. Btw there is another photo of him playing in cargo shorts , do you think those should be allowed. Its not the fact that i think shorts are not for golf its the fact that people like you guys are horrified to see a t shirt on a course and will say so while wearing shorts. IMO you can't allow one and not the other. If its the athletic notion then why not sleveless jerseys? My point is the hypocricy being shown is unbelievable. Ask Hogan about shorts on the golf course.

I guess i am also just amused that people wear shorts because they think they look good.

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

Yes he looks ridiculous good to see you are getting it. Btw there is another photo of him in cargo shorts and a polo. Its not the fact that i think shorts are not for golf its the fact that people like you guys are apalled to see a t shirt on a course and will say so while wearing shorts. IMO you can't allow one and not the other. If its the athletic notion then why not sleveless jerseys? My point is the hipocracy being shown is unbelievable. Ask Hogan about shorts on the golf course.

A nice pair of cargo/khacki shorts isn't in the same league as sleaveless jerseys/t-shirts/basketball shorts/tank tops/jeans/etc etc.

Get a clue.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

A nice pair of cargo/khacki shorts isn't in the same league as sleaveless jerseys/t-shirts/basketball shorts/tank tops/jeans/etc etc.

Don't be silly - trolls don't wear pants.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

How are they not the same? What makes one pair of shorts different from another? Material? It is funny the lengths people will go to justify blatant disregard for the dress code, which as i said i don't care for in the slightest, but to say that there i such a thing as formal shorts is laughable. You get a clue. Show up at another event that has a dress code in your "nice" shorts and see if you get in.

Just to prove a point who here thinks cargo shorts are appropriate?

Don't be silly - trolls don't wear pants.

I am no troll, i have been attacked for stating my opinion. Over dress code i might add. Its rediculous to get angry because someone dislikes a certain trend. I would never make fun or attack someone over it. Never even mentioned anything to the popped pink collar dude in my previous post. Just observations.

In this thread: People getting personal over a few inches of material on shirts and shorts. If you aren't on TV and you aren't at a nice (read: uptight) golf course wear what you play best in and have the best time in. Now I have no qualms over playing in collared shirt and shorts or collared shirt and pants or pants and a t-shirt. Frankly I do what I want while keeping respect for the course in mind.

Note: consult legal restrictions in your area before following my advice

In the bag: I'm not a complete nike fanboy.. I just happened to pull some strings and get fitted at the oven
Driver| SQ Machspeed 8.5
Fairway Woods|3,5| SQ Machspeed fairway woods
Hybrids |3,4 iron| SQ Machspeed hybrid
Irons|PW-5| Split Cavity Forged IronWedges| 54 bent to 53 and 58...

In this thread: People getting personal over a few inches of material on shirts and shorts. If you aren't on TV and you aren't at a nice (read: uptight) golf course wear what you play best in and have the best time in. Now I have no qualms over playing in collared shirt and shorts or collared shirt and pants or pants and a t-shirt. Frankly I do what I want while keeping respect for the course in mind.

What he said. I don't like that people make rules then alter them at their whim while maintaining a derrogatory attitude towards people who also don't follow the rules. That is my point in a nutshell.

Man...this is amazing...some you non shorts wearing guys need to come live in Australia for a while. In summer down here, you will find like <5% of people would even consider long pants! Personally in summer I'd go in my boxers before wearing long pants :) Polo shirt and shorts is just standard golfing attire down here. Playing in the tropics, at least wearing shorts you keep the bottom of your legs dry, cause not much else will be...I mean we have areas where shorts are not considered unacceptable for business meetings!

We have the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama and shorts are allowed on all of these courses. They have hosted a few LPGA and Senior Tour tournaments so they are nice courses. My wife says I have some sexy tanned legs.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

Man...this is amazing...some you non shorts wearing guys need to come live in Australia for a while. In summer down here, you will find like <5% of people would even consider long pants! Personally in summer I'd go in my boxers before wearing long pants :) Polo shirt and shorts is just standard golfing attire down here. Playing in the tropics, at least wearing shorts you keep the bottom of your legs dry, cause not much else will be...I mean we have areas where shorts are not considered unacceptable for business meetings!

Herein lies the answer to this debate. Shorts are allowed for the sole reason that alot of people won't play in pants in the really hot places. They aren't allowed because they look appropriate or "classy", they don't, hence the ban on the PGA tour. Cutting the legs off a pair of golf pant does not create "nice" shorts. At least aknowledge that they are a "wink" at the rules.

Could someone please provide a link to this "dress code" that mentions long pants are to be worn on golf courses. I am yet to play anywhere that mentions what kind of pants are to be worn on the course. If the long pants are to uphold some kind of golf tradition then why aren't knickers the requirement as they were worn prior to long pants I believe (and knickers actually stop just below the knee). So maybe shorts with socks pulled up over the knee would suffice.

What he said. I don't like that people make rules then alter them at their whim while maintaining a derrogatory attitude towards people who also don't follow the rules. That is my point in a nutshell.

Please show me this "rule"

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

This is kind of funny. A guy that thinks a polo shirt is a "dress shirt" is admonishing the rest of us on attire? Puh-leeze. I bet you wear an OCBD with loafers when you have your notch lapel suit on too? ;)

FWIW, I played Sunday at 108 degrees and 58% relative humidity. Come try that in any long pants! Even with all my clothes being made of technical clothe, you still get hot. Yes, Arizona gets humidity AND high temps. Monsoon season here right now.

Too soon to tell but I might have a new obsession.

How are they not the same?

You can't be serious w/ that question.

And, as someone else has asked you, show me a rule or a course that would turn you away if you came in khacki shorts. Again, if we're talking jeans/basketball shorts/sleaveless shirts I would be on the same page as you but cargo/khacki shorts are on such a different level that I can't believe someone wouldn't see the distinction. I play at a nice, private course. I play in many events on other very nice courses throughout the year. I have done so for years. I've never heard of or seen anyone have a problem w/ people wearing cargo/khacki shorts. Keep in mind I'm a guy who actually prefers to wear pants, but w/ the humid and hot southern Minnesota summers, wearing pants is pretty much out of the question on most days. I have to keep asking myself if this debate is even serious.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

You can't objectively argue about a subjective topic like "appropriate golf attire". The socially accepted norm is that non-denim, well-fitting (meaning not daisy dukes and not sagging down below your butt cheeks) shorts are ok to wear on most golf courses, with a bit of variance from course to course. Anything beyond that is opinion, and trying to prove your opinion to a bunch of people who are obviously not going to agree with you, while insulting them, is trollish behavior.

edit: back on-topic, there's been too much humidity this summer in Indiana to wear pants. This summer in general has just been too hot.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Note: This thread is 5050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!