IGNORED

Losing balls (to nowhere)

trickymicky69
Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've only been out twice in my life. The first time was with Top Flite XL yellow. They do stand out better for me than white at this time of year. I lost 3 of them but they weren't the balls fault. Yesterday, I tried out the Srixon Z Star yellow for the hell of it. Man, those things are like look at me, look at me. They litterly glow from many yards away. Looking for golf balls is definetly a game of angles depending on the height of the grass. Sometimes you have to train yourself to look down instead of looking ahead. It helps that I've shot semi-auto pistols and reload the brass so you look for everyone of them little suckers. The hard ones are the standing staight up ones. Your looking at a black hole staring right back at you. So far I haven't had too bad of a time finding golf balls in the higher cut. I didn't lose any balls yesterday until I switched to some white Wilson SmartCores. I lost 3 off the same tee because they went into a ravine. It wasn't worth getting hurt going after them. Two of them were brand spankin' new.

Two days out, 6 balls lost. Only one was fast roller into the edge of the fairway so who knows where the hell that one went.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

If i hit the fairway and the ball is lost, i wont count the penalty. I have had rangers, other players on other holes take my ball so I dont see how thats fair to be penalized.

Sun glare is the worst for finding balls.

Last round oout was played at 5pm got all 18 in and the last 2 were in the dark, neither me or my mate lost a ball! In fact we shot better in the dark on those 2 holes than we did the other 16.

I may feel strange asking the man in the shop for purple balls

Yeah. I would never play with pink or purple balls either.

Just saying that if you don't want to lose them, that is the best colours to play with.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

This is the worst thing to get me out of a good rhythm and focused state. Takes me right out of my game. I agree with watching every shot for as long as you can. Many time it's a case of looking in the wrong general area to start with...sometimes the ball settles shorter than you think...sometimes longer.

I envy people with good eyesight. When I play alone, I hit a lot of irons off the tee, especially on holes with poor visibility in the landing area.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This usually happens to me when I"m playing by myself because my distance vision is not that great. i always score better when playing with others who can tell me where the ball landed.

I envy people with good eyesight. When I play alone, I hit a lot of irons off the tee, especially on holes with poor visibility in the landing area.

I have 20/13 vision... but to be fair, I envy people with handicaps under ten... so I guess we're even. :p

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have 20/13 vision... but to be fair, I envy people with handicaps under ten... so I guess we're even. :p

Classic!! busting up!!

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

I may feel strange asking the man in the shop for purple balls

Asking for purple balls wouldn't be that strange, now asking him to provide you with blue balls is another story...

Try having a friend or two watch it after you hit it.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Did you look in the hole?

Sorry, I've been told that too many times when I have an on-the-course lost ball.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

During the practice rounds, do you guys take a penalty in these cases?

I just assume that if an official/marshal was around, he'd have found the ball for me, so I just drop it and dont take the penalty. For tournament /official rounds, I have no choice but to take the penalty :(

During the practice rounds, do you guys take a penalty in these cases?

Fred Couples said something similar years ago - amateurs penalize themselves for lost balls just off the fairway. Balls that would found by a spotter in a tournament. Coincidentally, smaller tournaments often don't have spotters.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Check out the Callaway golf sunglasses. The "neox" lens or whatever it's called actually works. I've been able to spot balls in high grass, rough and in the woods that I don't think I normally would have seen. Best $100 I've spent in a long time.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I had a drive hit a yardage marker in the fairway once. I saw it hit the marker and ricochet to the right. Never found it.

I usually have my partner watch my tee shots just in case I lose sight of it in the sky, which happens at certain times of the day. Polarized sunglasses help, but sometimes you still don't catch sight of it when you look up.

It didnt happen tonight, the golf fairies must have been "down the pub"

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

I played with a guy the other day that couldn't see the ball ten yards after he hit it. Couldn't read a green to save his life. The only long putt he made was one I read for him. I bet when he plays alone he loses balls every hole. The moral here? Maybe you should get new glasses.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!