IGNORED

Rate Your Game Right Now

CG031
Note: This thread is 5018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good thread.

Driver - 13hcp. I'm hitting it longer, but still only hitting around 6fwy per round. Misses are better though. Need more consistency.
Fairways - 10hcp. Been getting good distance and hitting fairways since I reshafted my 3wd and got comfortable with it. Best part of my game right now.
Hybrids - 15hcp. Still inconsistent, seems like I try to muscle them out on the course but I haven't really been hitting them enough on the range.
Mid/Short irons 13hcp - Striking the ball pretty well but picked up a bit of a hook when I switched back to old irons. It's a swing flaw, not the clubs, but they uncovered the issue a bit. Figured out the problem, need to drill it in at the range.
Wedges - 13hcp. Getting better, figured out that I was swaying on chips and pitches, been playing more solid. Need to get better.
Putting - 15hcp. Still issues with lag putting, last few rounds have been more solid but need to gain more confidence from 30+ft. Also, need to stop over-reading short putts and make more. More practice needed.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Driver: 10 handicap right now. Not doing well with the Diablo. Need to work on this a lot more.
Fairway Woods/Hybrids: 5 handicap. Not hitting these guys as consistently as I'd like to.
Irons: 2 handicap. Sticking a lot of shots lately. I've been working on this part a lot.
Wedges: +1 handicap. One of the best parts of my game right now. Within 20 feet from 100 yards out 9/10 times.
Short Game: Scratch. Chipping contests make up 50% of my income.
Scrambling: +4 handicap . The best part of my game by far. With my driver as bad as it is, this part of my game keeps me from getting those insanely high numbers. Hitting duck hooks or massive slices around trees, hitting under a tree and over another, hitting a low runner under trees. It's all in my arsenal.
Putting: Scratch. I'm a streaky putter. Sometimes I'll putt like a +6. Sometimes I'll putt like a 6. It's unpredictable. Only thing holding back my putting is the speed.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Driving: 15. Have worked a lot on my set-up, and keeping swing smooth. Put 57% of drives in fairway, and most of rest in first cut. Only problem: Still hit one skyhook OB per round.

F-way woods: 23-25. Good in May, terrible since then. Probably overthinking after a couple of bad rounds here.

Irons: 22. I hit 7.5 fairways a round, and only get about 4 GIR (usually one from rough). Problem with contact: Solid shots fly green, dumpy shots end up short right or pull left. So much for "magic" of SGI irons.

Wedges and chipping: 14. Really doing well in this area. Have been practicing, made a distance card for partials.

Putting: 15. I average about 31 putts... Wedges help out.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I won't pretend to be able to estimate my handicaps for each types of clubs, since I don't really even have an overall handicap yet (gotta play more full rounds!). But it's a fun topic so I'll give it a whirl without the handicap guessing I know I'm breaking the rules but please don't be mad!

Driving: By far the worst part of my game. Slicing it off the tee almost every time, meaning that I'm not hitting too many fairways (usually about 2/9 or so)...
F-way woods Better than my game off the tee, but still quite a bit of slicing going on with the fairway woods. I'd chalk it down as my 2nd worst clubs.
Irons: Long irons aren't superb, but I still manage some pretty decent shots with them at a better rate than with my woods. Mid and short irons have been really solid as of late and I'm pretty happy with them!
Wedges: Working well. I put myself in some bad spots with my woods and long irons, but my wedges have been working pretty solid as of late.
Short game: Probably the best part of my game (maybe tied with putting) for now. I still chunk a few here and there, but overall I usually put myself in some good spots for an up-and-down or sand-save.
Putting: I guess knowing that I'm scoring so high takes the pressure off my putting, but I've pretty much managed to keep myself to 2 putts or less quite consistently. I've only three putted very rarely.

Still working on my overall swing. I've been practicing my mid-irons recently which has gotten them to be pretty consistent. Now I have to do something about these woods...

Cheers,

Im driving the ball better than i ever have right now, and hitting my irons and hybrids pretty well. My short game hasn't been consistent this summer, and that has cost me many a stroke. I fail to capitalize inside of 100 yards too often. ill shot 72 one round and shoot 80 the next, but thats the way it goes, i guess.

Id say..
driving - 0 or better
irons/hybrids- 2
putting-5
shortgame-10
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

my ranking is somewhat different.

Friday after lunch- B+
Saturday monrings- A
Monday (outings)- C+
Tuesday - Thursday while sneaking in a round during the work week- F or worse maybe a G

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Id say..

Plagiarism alert!!

Swap the putting and short game, and add another 5 points to the putting for good measure. That's my list.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Plagiarism alert!!

aakk!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I'm going through a thorough swing change right now (and really I have been for the whole season), so here is what I would rate myself for the year on the whole:

Driver: 1 handicap- Just short of scratch, I've been hitting it pretty long all year, and though my fairway percentage is lower than I want it to be, it's still pretty good.
Woods: 5 handicap- I don't use my 3W much, but it's kind of inconsistent.
Hybrid: +3 handicap- It's great, straight, solid, pure, everything good.
Irons: 3 handicap- They are alright. Not fantastic, just decent.
Wedges: 10 handicap- I am really frustrated with my full wedges right now. Just no distance control whatsoever, and this used to be my strength.
Short Game: 5 handicap- No surprises, I'm good with my LW, but I haven't really practiced it all year.
Putter: 7 handicap- I'm a pretty average putter.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Currently a solid 7...

Driver 7...260ish
3 Wood 4...3/3 from the tee and fairway last round
hybrid 7
irons 5...consistent
wedges 7
chip 8
sand 9
putting 4 rarely three putt, 2-3 birdies per round...balances out the 2-3 doubles lol.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Driving: 20 handicap. Terrible.
F-way woods/Hybrid: 15 handicap. Better than my driver but still kind of "meh"
Irons: 7 handicap. My savior. Bails me out quite a bit after I hit a poor drive.
Wedges: 7 handicap. Been solid lately.
Short game (chipping, pitching, bunkers): 8 handicap. Has always been pretty solid as compared to the rest of my game. Pitching has improved lately as well.
Putting: 10 handicap.

I will rate all my game below my handicap... my real problem right now is my putting, I feel like I'm putting like a 20 handicap, my GIR according to my stats is 65.7%, Fairway Hit 61.3% but I'm averaging 33 putts.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Which day??

Driver: 18 I have been wild, switching back and forth between two very different drivers, Hitting big slices with one, big hooks with the other. My good ones are good, but my bad ones are double bogies.

3W: It is usually pretty good, 10. I have days when i am just piping it and others where not so much.

Irons: 18. I don't hit alot of greens, maybe 7-8 on a good day, sometimes 0-2 on a bad one.

Wedges. Pretty ok. I like my chances of making pars when I have a wedge in my hand.

Putter: 5. I really had overall a good putting year. I've improved on speed and direction and seem to hit a bunch of good putts. It actually let me down a bit recently but I am still hitting good putts, just not going in.

Overall I am just wildly inconsistant. I've shot 37 in my league and 47. I hope this changes.

Brian

Driver -5 - Hitting them the best I ever have and can shape the, now
Hybrids - 10 - A few mis hits with these, mainly a hook, maybe because they're offset
Irons -10 - Usually good enough, some close to the pin, some 30 feet off
Short Game - 10 - Chipping has been a bit weak lately, working on distance control
Putter - 20+ - Terrible. Am averaging 36 putts which is WAY too high. Example: Saturday shot an 83 with 38 putts, 10 fairways and 12 greens. If I was to be at 30ish putts, I would be in the 70's. Speed is terrible, something I have to work on to get where I want.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Driver - 10 Can hit it pretty long when I'm hitting it well, on good days I average about 260 yards
3 Wood - 5 Strongest club in my bag off the tee, decent off the deck
Hybrid - 10 Hit it pretty well of the deck (never off the tee). Hit about 5/10 greens from 190/200 yards
Irons - 12 On decent days (today I played 3 over my handicap) can hit about 7 GIR
Wedges - 5 or less. Strongest part of my game. Hit full wedge shots and shots inside 100 yards around 10 feet most of the time. Chipping and shots with my 58 are almost always dead on.
Putter - 20 This is what I struggle with. My average this year has been 34 putts per round which is certainly too high for a 8/9 handicapper. However in the past few rounds I've gone down to about 32.

i have been playing much better golf lately, which is nice because we have our club championship coming up! i would say a solid 8.5 out of 10 when normally i am at the 7 out of 10 level...

Carry Bag
G10 Driver
G10 3 Wood
MP 60 Irons (4 - PW)
Eye 2 Sand Wedge Scotty Cameron Fast Back Putter Pro V1 & Pro V1x Balls ICON Shoes Gloves

Driver: 10
Irons: 10
Pitching: 5
Chipping: 20
Putting: 5

Aka, big blow up holes when i waste 3 shots from with in 10 yards of the hole..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 5018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!