Jump to content
iacas

"The Comics" Thread

278 posts / 41108 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!



Originally Posted by iacas

Here's a good one (scanned by Joe Mayo from a magazine)...



I agree he shouldnt say "to hit the draw you have to do this". I think this method does work in curving the ball left tho but most of the time its going to curve way to much left than desired. It wouldnt be a bad method if you were trying to hook a shot drastically around some trees, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by motteler621

I agree he shouldnt say "to hit the draw you have to do this". I think this method does work in curving the ball left tho but most of the time its going to curve way to much left than desired. It wouldnt be a bad method if you were trying to hook a shot drastically around some trees, right?


I would say "why add such a massive timing element to the swing?"

I'd prefer that you simply aim way the heck right, close the clubface, take your grip, and then make a normal swing. Why try to time "rolling" when "rolling" does nothing at all? The face angle changes negligibly while the ball is on the clubface. The "rolling" adds nothing to the amount of draw spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This thread is the trouble with golf, there is so much BS information out there and the information that is 'correct' most likely does not suit your swing or the issue you may have. How is the golfer with above average knowledge suppose to process all this conflicting information?

The worse thing I ever did to my game was try to improve by learning more, after 8 years of golf I just recently feel like I now understand the golf swing enough to know what I don't need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by iacas

Sure looks like she turns her hips quite a bit to me...



I actually was really close to posting that a few days ago, but then I started reading an article on GD and then I forgot to. Good thing someone thought of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1:29............"Block release" delofting club = hard to hit a high shot??

Slap release.....I almost choked on the shredded wheat I'm eating for breakfast!!

This thread is why I don't subscribe to ANY golf magazine, and why I've pretty much quit watching You Tube videos with the exception of a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

1:29............"Block release" delofting club = hard to hit a high shot??

Slap release.....I almost choked on the shredded wheat I'm eating for breakfast!!

This thread is why I don't subscribe to ANY golf magazine, and why I've pretty much quit watching You Tube videos with the exception of a few.


imho, shawn clement is the best guy on the net. he is pretty animated with his descriptions and a little over the top, but his fundamentals are spot on and he really knows how to convey his teaching so it's easy for the student to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by senorchipotle

imho, shawn clement is the best guy on the net. he is pretty animated with his descriptions and a little over the top, but his fundamentals are spot on and he really knows how to convey his teaching so it's easy for the student to understand.

Shawn Clement has a video on putting I really like and that I have saved in my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by nevets88

Here's nearly 45 minutes of Peter Kostis:

How many "comics" can you find here?

I just watched it yesterday. It's not too bad because he doesn't talk about the swing much - he only really talks about fitness, and how can you disagree there that "it's better to be in better shape"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love that video with Kostis. He says "this, perhaps is the finest golf swing ever" when showing Snead at the top of the backswing with a straight right leg (Kostis constantly advocates maintaining rear knee flexion to keep the spine angle) In fact, his "at the top" stills of Jones, Hogan, Snead, Nicklaus, and Tiger all show the straighter rear leg. Further, the only at the top still with a flexed rear knee is Kostis' "tweed man". Kostis isn't teaching an evolved golf swing, he's teaching "tweed man" golf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by uttexas

Love that video with Kostis. He says "this, perhaps is the finest golf swing ever" when showing Snead at the top of the backswing with a straight right leg (Kostis constantly advocates maintaining rear knee flexion to keep the spine angle) In fact, his "at the top" stills of Jones, Hogan, Snead, Nicklaus, and Tiger all show the straighter rear leg. Further, the only at the top still with a flexed rear knee is Kostis' "tweed man". Kostis isn't teaching an evolved golf swing, he's teaching "tweed man" golf.


Not sure about Snead or what "tweed man" means, but the swing in post #68 shows (to me) ideal leg movement. Nothing exaggerated (either way) or unnatural looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...