• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
iacas

"The Comics" Thread

239 posts in this topic

I'm stealing the name for this from Andy Plummer, but it's so apt I couldn't resist.

The purpose of this thread, which I hope will be an ongoing thing, is to contain links to and mockery of unintentionally "funny" or perhaps even downright stupid golf tips all of us undoubtedly see in the various magazines, websites, etc.

I'll start it off with this gem, which doesn't even need to be refuted as I think anyone with an ounce of common sense will see how bad it is.

Oh, AJ... you should stick to the card tricks...

Share your most hilarious "finds" and let's keep this thread going.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Here's a video of Lead-poison. It's a double whammy--displays his love of selling overpriced, useless golf aids and his lack of knowledge regarding basic ball flight laws.

Vomit, I couldn't read past the first sentence of the article "A slice comes from only one condition: The clubface is open at impact, which puts cut spin on the ball."

You should have read on a bit more.

How is that in a magazine with a 2010 date? And when are they going to stop selling "draw" drivers that dont promode a draw?

This advice gets me boiling.

When I had my first and only lesson the instructor told me to do this. Gave me more of a slice and I quit the game for 10 months.

I don't even know what to say about this one.

May I ask which one of his trademark techniques he is flipping through there?

Also, is it just me or does that dude not look just like you'd imagine Jack Hamm's dad would?
Too Simple To Be Golf Techniques Anchor Golf Swing Series Astounding Golf Technique ™ Audacious Golf Technique ™ Authentic Golf Swing Series Admirable Golf Technique ™ Airtight Golf Technique ™ Classical Golf Swing Series Consummate Golf Technique ™ Cardinal Golf Technique ™ Ecstatic Golf Swing Series Exceptional Golf Technique ™ Enormous Golf Technique ™ Supreme Golf Swing Series Stupendous Golf Technique ™ Splendid Golf Technique ™ Fabulous Golf Swing Series Failsafe Golf Technique ™ Faultless Golf Technique ™ Outrageous Golf Swing Series Outstanding Golf Technique ™ Overwhelming Golf Technique ™ Connect Golf Swing Series Breakthrough Golf Technique ™ Breathtaking Golf Technique ™ Unstoppable Golf Swing Series Unforgettable Golf Technique ™ Unassailable Golf Technique ™ Spellbound Golf Swing Series Stellar Golf Technique ™ Stalwart Golf Technique ™ Incredible Golf Swing Series Impeccable Golf Technique ™ Infallible Golf Technique ™ Magnanimous Golf Swing Series Maxim Golf Technique ™ Magnum Golf Technique ™ Earthshattering Golf Swing Series Extraordinary Golf Technique ™ Eminent Golf Technique ™ Sublime Golf Swing Series Superior Golf Technique ™ Swank Golf Technique ™ Landmark Golf Swing Series Legendary Golf Technique ™ Laudable Golf Technique ™ Famous Golf Swing Series Fantastic Golf Technique ™ Foolproof Golf Technique ™ Remarkable Golf Swing Series Reliable Golf Technique ™ Regalia Golf Technique ™ Banner Golf Swing Series Bedrock Golf Technique ™ Blockbuster Golf Technique ™ Trailblazer Golf Swing Series Topnotch Golf Technique ™ Trustful Golf Technique ™

And when are they going to stop selling "draw" drivers that dont promode a draw?

When morons stop buying them.

When people try to keep that golf glove tucked up under their arm, throughout the entire swing, that's just pure comedy.

Actually, these tips in golf magazines are quite effective. I clip them out, give them to my friends to try, and that always works out well for me.

I teach the game....I thank the editors of these magazines every month....I wonder if any magazine will publish the real ball flight laws

The one-handed-closed-face-power-draw... :D

GolfDigest Caption says: Fred's rotating the clubface closed for a power draw.
Source is here

It's true, the speed you gain from rotating the club during contact with the ball, will make that draw a power draw! POW!