IGNORED

Now a fan

Ben
Note: This thread is 4396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who have you turned a positive page to?

This year Ian Poulter has really impressed me. Particularly his play at the end of the year. Second in Dubai; win in Singapore; 6th at the Barclays; 6th at Chevron. This guy has got serious golf skills and its really coming around. On top of that he seems to have toned down his clothes just a touch. Maybe its a Winter thing, but he seems mellowed out a bit.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Who have you turned a positive page to?

I know a lot of people think he's a very arrogant person and maybe he is, a little. But, I really like the guy. I follow him on Twitter and enjoy the pictures and videos he posts. Seems like a really down to earth kind of guy. Plus, he seems to be becoming a very consistant golfer too.

I know a lot of people think he's a very arrogant person and maybe he is, a little. But, I really like the guy. I follow him on Twitter and enjoy the pictures and videos he posts. Seems like a really down to earth kind of guy. Plus, he seems to be becoming a very consistant golfer too.

Yeah, that seems to be the atitude about him in the thread dedicated to him here. I've been guilty of down talking him there myself. I got to walk next to him at Chevron and told him that I was impressed with his play this year and that I'd become a fan. He seemed a bit shocked by that, but I got a sincere sounding "thank you" out of him.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Graham McDowell has impressed me two ways. One is his swing, which is not particularly classical, can lock in and be very dependable for several holes in a row, and two is his putter, which obviously can get hot. I do wonder if he might need to push away from the dinner table a little more lately.

RC

Whoa, whoa...A pro -Poulter thread? No, no, no, that's not gonna fly. OK Everyone, back to your stations, come on now. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I didn't really pick up any new love for any pros this year. I still got my usual favorites each week. I will however throw a shout out to my man Jerry Kelly though. I hope he gets a win next year. He seemed like a solid guy in his Golf Channel playing lesson.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like a player with a little attitude and Poulter just has a little edge to him when he plays.  I love how he played with DJ at the Shark Shootout and he is winning me over.  Gmac is just the dragon slayer at this point.  The guy has serious heart.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Ive always liked the guy, his entire career has basically been an underdog story, a 2 handicap working in a pro shop at 19 overcoming plus 4s and 5s, then rising to the top of the game,hes earned the right to be cocky. Remember at the ryder cup, the interview before the singles he guaranteed a point, if he didnt have that sheer self belief he,d still be in the pro-shop.

I almost hate to admit it here, but I have been a Poulter fan for sometime now ... I like his "Banty Rooster" attitude. Any guy that can play like he does and feel comfortable with himself wearing clothes a lot of guys would not be caught dead in gets a nod from me anyway ...

G-Mac ... what can ya say ... He had a great year, and there's no indication his game will drop off anytime soon.

Both these guys impressed me a ton this year - as did Dustin Johnson ...

2011 will be an interesting year in professional golf for sure!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I have been a fan of Poulter for years. Awesome guy and very talented. I don't think 2010 will be his best year.

I could care less how he dresses. The white belt crowd can talk about that. I enjoy watching him play golf.

-Dan

I think my favorites are guys who have had serious struggles in the past, but have persevered and have now found themselves on top.  Guys like Steve Stricker and Matt Kuchar.  It seems they realize how close they were to having to give up the game, and are now appreciative of their 2nd (or 3rd) chance.

I was really happy to see Bubba get his first win. I found myself really cheering for him when he got into that playoff with Kaymar. Seems like a class act and his speech after his loss really put him over the top for my favorite golfer of this year. Hope he gets more wins next season.

Big fan of Bubba, DJ, and Poulter for sure. For me, though DJ had the potential for the best year out of everyone. He came too close to taking two majors this year. Watch out for him next season, I think his lessons have been learned and he will be back for his chunk of the 2011 tour cash.

Yeah you guys are right about Dustin Johnson. He really looked good in the majors this year. Too bad those two ended so sour sourly for him.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Westwood has really grown on me this year. I like his game and [url=http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2010-10/westwood-lerner-interview?printable=true]apparent lack of pretension.[/url]

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Big fan of Bubba, DJ, and Poulter for sure. For me, though DJ had the potential for the best year out of everyone. He came too close to taking two majors this year. Watch out for him next season, I think his lessons have been learned and he will be back for his chunk of the 2011 tour cash.

DJ actually had a decent British Open as well, but in the end, he didn't come any closer to winning two majors than Tiger Woods or Lee Westwood did. I was still pulling for him, and I will next year too.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!