IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

Might be off base here, but don't let Shanks' rants about flipping prevent you from releasing that clubhead.

Getting my asbestos suit ready.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Might be off base here, but don't let Shanks' rants about flipping prevent you from releasing that clubhead.

No asbestos necessary. :-) And no, I won't be "releasing the clubhead" any time soon...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love the clubface post impact.

You should do your swing (or us) a service a post some better videos, all for the learning purpose right. ;-)

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by iacas

The elbow does move into a bit more of a pitch elbow but I have to feel it more with #3, yeah, or else going too pitch elbow can push my left arm out too much. Basically, I feel like I can roll #3 as much as I want from 3.8 to 4.2 because the downward dynamics are going to prevent it from getting too flat. It feels like I'm rolling 3 so much in this swing that the clubface can't possibly be less than 45 degrees open at impact. :-) Obviously it's a bit less than that... ;-)

Yea, I don't have to worry about that, lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by motteler621

hey Iacas can I ask you a question about your swing.

He'd probably be okay with that since this is his "My Swing" thread......... so why do you then go on to ask questions entirely about your swing?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

umm, look at my first sentence of my post "can I ask you a question about your swing". Im asking what he does from P4 to impact for that charli wi look in "his" swing. I thought thats what we do in "My Swing" threads, is talk about their individual swing.

Originally Posted by Phil McGlenno

He'd probably be okay with that since this is his "My Swing" thread......... so why do you then go on to ask questions entirely about your swing?

Maybe he was recovering from a siezure having just watched the video. There should be some techno playing in that old barn!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

umm, look at my first sentence of my post "can I ask you a question about your swing". Im asking what he does from P4 to impact for that charli wi look in "his" swing. I thought thats what we do in "My Swing" threads, is talk about their individual swing.

C'mon, Aaron. You edited your post. I got the original notification. You asked if you could ask me about my swing, then you asked several questions about your swing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

C'mon, Aaron. You edited your post. I got the original notification. You asked if you could ask me about my swing, then you asked several questions about your swing.

Ha! That's funny... and the fact that he responded with this makes it even funnier.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Ha! That's funny... and the fact that he responded with this makes it even funnier.

Yeah, funny is one way to take it. I'm just hoping we'll move on now... ;-)

Erik,

I've seen in countless posts on this forum, references to shaft plane, elbow plane, and shoulder plane.  You mention here that you prefer that you be on the elbow plane?  The question that I have is for a "traditional" two plane swing, is there a "recommended" plane that one should be on during the backswing and downswing?  Thanks.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Originally Posted by ERdiesel

Erik,

I've seen in countless posts on this forum, references to shaft plane, elbow plane, and shoulder plane.  You mention here that you prefer that you be on the elbow plane?  The question that I have is for a "traditional" two plane swing, is there a "recommended" plane that one should be on during the backswing and downswing?  Thanks.

I will let Erik answer what is best but instead of looking just at the backswing and downswing planes you should look at impact because that is what is most relavent.  Guys like Furyk and Hass are all over the place but at impact they are as on plane as anyone.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ERdiesel

I'll let Greg answer it...

Originally Posted by gmbtempe

I will let Erik answer what is best but instead of looking just at the backswing and downswing planes you should look at impact because that is what is most relavent.  Guys like Furyk and Hass are all over the place but at impact they are as on plane as anyone.

D'oh! :-) He wants me to answer it? :-)

Impact matters. I think my main point, and the main reason why I don't like the hands to get too far up... well there are two reasons. The first is that if the hands never gain enough depth to come from the inside, it's tough to come from the inside. Nobody would disagree that the plane has an inward component. So, okay, you say "I'll just drop my hands onto the plane from above the plane" and while you can do that, and many can play great golf doing that, I regard it as requiring a timing element that's largely unnecessary (relatively little gain) for the risk (relatively tough to pull off) as well as inefficient - any movement not directly down the plane is wasted, inefficient movement.

That's my take on two-plane swings in a nutshell. Did Nicklaus play this way? You bet. It works. It's just not the way I prefer to swing, and for most golfers - not all golfers - it's not the way that they swing best. If Nicklaus came to me, or Jim Furyk, we'd ask them the same question we ask everyone: what's your trouble shot, what do you want to do, and we'd work on the specific piece that helped to eliminate or control that "bad" shot only.

Definitely need to work on not flipping the club. Hold your lag better. Hehe... Just kidding... just kidding. ;-) But a serious question: Do you "float" at all at the top of your backswing? It kind of looks like your right elbow is in a zero-G environment right at the top as you pull it inward right before you drop, but your wrists don't look like they float at all. (Or maybe I'm just confused by the dark setting.) [b]Edit:[/b] Also, is there a normal-speed video of your swing anywhere public? I'm curious what sort of tempo you have, I've only seen it in slow motion.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I don't go in for much of the technicalities discussed in this post. The person your swing reminds me of is Matt Kuchar, just a little flat and perfect single plane. Very nice. Not at all surprised that it produces a consistent draw.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by B-Con

But a serious question: Do you "float" at all at the top of your backswing? It kind of looks like your right elbow is in a zero-G environment right at the top as you pull it inward right before you drop, but your wrists don't look like they float at all. (Or maybe I'm just confused by the dark setting.)

Normal speed? Not that I know of. Don't remember the last time I shot my swing in normal speed...

Float load? A little. Not readily apparent in this video as this one isn't quite a full swing... which is why the left arm doesn't quite get to the shoulder line.

If that's not what you meant by "float" then let me know...