IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

• Administrator

Some pictures from the videos from today's session.

03Meh.jpg

Getting to the top better (I wouldn't mind if it was like two inches shorter, but it's not too bad). Then the right elbow stays bent far too long, the face twists shut, the hand path goes out, and I have to do some shit to keep the club from tipping out too.

Some better swings later on. This one has a small twist to the face but it's not too much. It's just after the start of the downswing and you can see the club being thrown behind me as the right elbow extends.

04Better.jpg

The next few frames:

05Better.jpg

Am I as forward or as turned as I will be in motion? No. This wasn't super fast (medium speed or so).

WIth a driver, the backswing is also looking better:

01D.jpg

The downswing… is a bit better. Still a lot of work, but again, they're familiar feelings, so it's not terrible. I'll get there.

02D.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Practice today at LP with a 9I. This is toward the end of the session.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Practice from the 12th (backswing work still):

Some images:

01.jpg

Wouldn't mind the left arm to be out a little bit more here. Like the left wrist staying what feels very cupped (slightly strong grip = cupped a bit naturally).

02.jpg

The backswing can stop a bit shorter, but I'm okay exaggerating to check in the mirror where the shaft goes. Then, though I do some downswing stuff, it's still mostly focusing on the backswing. I only really make downswings because backswings only would be really annoying. 🙂

I like that I've preserved the cupping to the top, and the face falls "open" on the downswing.

03.jpg

Pretty happy with these too, even if my "pump" is too high.

Why am I focusing on being so cupped? Because as soon as I push down/away for the downswing, my wrists almost always naturally do this:

You can see that while I palmar flex the shaft steepens a ton (it's too shallow there, too, so that's some of it). At any rate, I have to get to the top and still be cupped so I can palmar flex on the way down.

It's still December, so I'm going to stick with the backswing stuff primarily through maybe mid-January, and then focus a lot on the downswing stuff.

It's all stuff I've done before (2019 into 2020), so I can do it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Got a little work in today. A small sample of today's session.

311030944_492949879391189_48890561269014

3,703 Likes, 51 Comments - 川村 洋介 Kawamura (@kawamura28) on Instagram: "Thanks for looking at my posts every...
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:11 PM, iacas said:

3,703 Likes, 51 Comments - 川村 洋介 Kawamura (@kawamura28) on...

Its nice to see you hitting some quick fire shots - I like to think I'm a pretty good 'practicer' but the amount of time you usually spend on working feels before hitting a ball puts me to shame 😂

• Administrator

Got a few full-speed full swings today. Below is a quick comparison between the full-speed, full swing on the left and a nearly full speed "exaggerated" feeling one on the right.

01toodeep.jpg

A bit too deep here, even on the "exaggerated" one on the right. I like the elbow width more on the right though.

02palmar.jpg

Palmar flexed on the left (it was good for a long time). Too high on the right, but… it's fine.

03shallower.jpg

Easier to manage the elbow, shaft plane when the wrist does what it should AND the elbow doesn't do as much. I don't love the right, but it's much better.

04impact.jpg

Not great. Not too shabby, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/20/2023 at 5:11 PM, iacas said:

3,703 Likes, 51 Comments - 川村 洋介 Kawamura (@kawamura28) on Instagram: "Thanks for looking at my posts every...

At the end it looks like you are cupping the left wrist. Is that cause/force you to use the body turn to get the ball started down the target line?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Carl3 said:

At the end it looks like you are cupping the left wrist. Is that cause/force you to use the body turn to get the ball started down the target line?

The "body" doesn't really "square" the face much if that's what you're asking.

I tend to palmar flex toward the end of my backswing and then my right hand/arm "push out" too much, and the shaft gets a bit steep.

I'm literally feeling like I curl (arch) my right wrist during the backswing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik-2023-04-06.jpg

49 minutes ago, iacas said:

Erik-2023-04-06.jpg

How did you manage to lay down the Orange Whip in the middle of your swing??

🙃

• Funny 2

Colin P.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, colin007 said:

🙃

I'm just that good. 🙂

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

🙃

You know nuthin Jon Snow..

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Left_Wrist_Cupped.jpg

Worked on wrist conditions at the top today. Funny how I don't feel like it's any higher, but it is.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Left_Wrist_Cupped.jpg

Worked on wrist conditions at the top today. Funny how I don't feel like it's any higher, but it is.

What?? That's a huge diff. 

New.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

What?? That's a huge diff. 

New.

I did this a lot in early 2020.

Thought I'd gotten it to a good enough place this year. I clearly hadn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

I did this a lot in early 2020.

Thought I'd gotten it to a good enough place this year. I clearly hadn't.

Funny that’s exactly what I’ll be saying in May 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Just going back to what I need to do. Rehearsing it slowly.

Hands went out a little more than I want here, but otherwise… not bad.

If you look you can see how my left wrist still palmar flexes after the little pump.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

A little time lapse today.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1