IGNORED

What Ball Do You Play??

Note: This thread is 4705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Didn't feel like bringing back a thread from last year, so I figured I'd just start another one. I know most people probably play several balls throughout a round. If you used the same ball from start to finish, which ball and why?

I've always played Pro V1x's mainly because of how well I can shape the ball with my approach shots. Also, I can go after a pin, knowing they'll stick the green. I sacrifice some distance, but would rather have the feel.

taylormade.gif - R9 SuperTri TP 8.5˚ Driver
taylormade.gif - R9 TP 15˚ 19˚ Fairway Woods
nike.gif - VR Split Cavity 2-PW Irons
nike.gif - VR Black 52° 56° Wedges
cameron.gif - Newport 2 34" Putter

Bridgestone e5 is my ball of choice, but I still try others when I can.

I find the e5 to be a great ball that flies high, lands soft and can be grippy around the greens when you need it.  Not an elite ball, but it fits my game and my wallet well.

I play with the Pro V1 x, but definitely don't make it all the way around with one ball.  I tend to shred the covers whenever hitting wedge shots.  I am actually hoping that a combination of the new Vokey Spin Mill CC and new Pro V1 X will negate this a little.  Gets expensive shredding a couple balls each round.

Originally Posted by IUHoosierMatt

I play with the Pro V1 x, but definitely don't make it all the way around with one ball.  I tend to shred the covers whenever hitting wedge shots.  I am actually hoping that a combination of the new Vokey Spin Mill CC and new Pro V1 X will negate this a little.  Gets expensive shredding a couple balls each round.

I know exactly what you mean. I use Nike VR Wedges - not the new V-REV - and by the end of the round, the ball has confetti falling off of it. I get a discount buying direct from Titleist, only downside is I have to buy a minimum of 4 dozen.

My goal is to play with the same ball for the entire season, we will see if I can sustain this. I will be using the Srixon AD333.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I only started playing last year and I use the Noodle Long&Soft.;  I mostly picked them because nobody else in my usual group was using them and it made my ball easy to pick out.  I don't see much point in my playing an expensive ball at the moment, I doubt I have the skill to make it worthwhile and I still have the odd round where I lose a few balls and I don't really want to lose ~$5CAD each time.

I was given a dozen ProV1's for Christmas so I'll give them a try at some point but at that price level I hope I don't like them. :D

Brad

Srixon AD333. My swing speed is average and it gives a good distance off the club face.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

NXT Tour best ball i have played so far and reasonably priced.

In my callaway.gif Warbird Bag XXT Stand Bag:

callaway.gif Driver Diablo 9*
callaway.gif Hybrid 3H Diablo 21*
mizuno.gif MP-33's 3-pwcallaway.gifWedge 60* X-Forgedcallaway.gif Putter Ruthfords seriestitleist.gif Nxt Tour Ball

I really want to see the new Nike 20XI's hear real good things from the pros.

Right now the Bridgestone e6.  Usually I play the Maxfli C3 Gold/Black (same as TaylorMade TP Red/Black).  Golf Galaxy was going out of business here in Tucson last year so I bought 4 boxes at $15 or $20/box (don't remember).  Before that I was playing the Nike One Tour, good ball and I'd play it again.

Probably Top Flite Gamer V2. I have a ton of Wilson Eco Cores at home that I'll be using for practice. They're a decent enough ball, but they feel too clicky around the green for mid-summer play. I really wanted to love Wilson's tour balls. I really wanted to, but my distance control is poor with the Wilson Staff FG Tour. Maybe it's the low compression core and maybe it's a coincidence, but I fly greens and lose those way faster than I can ever cut them up.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Working on a double dozen of Laddie X's right now.  I plan to try the Bridgestone e-5 next.  Previously I was using Noodles. My favorite premium ball is the Srixon Zstar.  I really like them but they are too pricey for me for regular use.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Currently switching back and forth between the Callaway Big Bertha Diablo and the Callaway HX Bite. I lose a little bit of distance with the Bite's but of course they help me stick the green better. I really do want the try the Callaway Diablo HX Tours that are coming out in March as it will combine my 2 favorite balls.

Another one for NXT Tour.  Good feel and durability, and can be had fairly cheaply on the re-used circuit. For winter play, any decent 2-piece low compression ball - doesn't hurt as much when lost under leaves in the middle of the fairway.

Note: This thread is 4705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!