IGNORED

Follow Russell Normandin on Big Break Indian Wells

normdamarine
Note: This thread is 4679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats on getting into the 3rd show.

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Man I wish there was a way someone not in the US could watch this show, it sounds like it is pretty decent entertainment. You'd think golf channel would let you stream it off their website. All you can watch are the 2-3 min clips behind the scenes!

Anyway, good luck Russell will keep an eye on your progress!

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

I'm glad you hung in there to get to show 3. So how hard was it watching Floyd melt down in the bunker? It was awful watching it on tv but must have been really bad in person. It speaks to the pressure that the show must create under those circumstances.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I'm glad you hung in there to get to show 3. So how hard was it watching Floyd melt down in the bunker? It was awful watching it on tv but must have been really bad in person. It speaks to the pressure that the show must create under those circumstances.

Agreed, congrats on getting to show #3 Russell! I would be willing to bet that almost everyone in this forum has had a meltdown like Floyd did at some point but we didn't do it on tv.  I can't imagine how that must have felt for him.

Great job!  I felt so bad for Floyd.  That was really hard to watch.  I can't imagine what it was like live.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats...Watched it last night....

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

+1 I was shocked that a guy who's been around golf for so long didn't have the composure to step out of the bunker and clear his head before the next shot.  Rushing the next three shots is something I would have likely done but wouldn't expect someone like him to.

Originally Posted by TN94z

Great job!  I felt so bad for Floyd.  That was really hard to watch.  I can't imagine what it was like live.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by PockyStick

How close do you think you are portrayed on the show to your normal personality and demeanor?

Good question. With all the editing that I'm sure goes on, you wonder if guys on the show think wtf? when they see how they're portrayed(sp).

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I'm sure the editors do their best to make the show exciting by using the casts most outrageous comments to create a "character".  Each comment on it's own probably isn't a good reflection on their true personality, but as the show progresses you should see trends in their comments which as a whole could be a better indicator of who they really are.

Most reality show participants that were portrayed in a neutral or positive way claim the shows portrayed them accurately.   Those that played the villian or came across in a negative way claim it was creative editing and not a good portrayal of who they are.  In some cases that may be true, but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by PockyStick

How close do you think you are portrayed on the show to your normal personality and demeanor?

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...
I'm rooting for ya! Give'em hell Marine!

Driver: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 1 Wood Fairway Wood: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 4 Wood Irons: Ben Hogan 1961 Power Thrust Wedges: Wilson JP II SW Putter: Spalding T.P. Mills #6

• 1 month later...

Russell, I was rooting for you as a former Army Vet.. I thought you did well...Keep your head up your a good golfer..

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Note: This thread is 4679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!