IGNORED

Anyone use discount tee-time sites like GolfNow.com?

noahl
Note:Β This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I've used Golfnow.com a few times, and generally it's okay.Β  However, last time I used it, I paid for two golfers with my cc, (the only payment option, I think) and golfer #2 was a no-show.Β  So, that round cost me double.Β  I prefer to pay cash, at the course.

I love to hate this game!

Β 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi fellow golfers...I will start by openly saying I am Golf18 employee. In the past there may have been some issues, but here at Golf18 we work very hard to provide quality service all the time. If for any reason you book a tee time and there is an issue when you arrive at the golf course, please immediately call us at 800-994-0661 and we can work to fix the situation. We always want our golfers to be happy and if there is ever any problem, mix up or error, it's simply a mistake that can be fixed...we are not out trying to be malicious and steal anyone's money.

If any of you reading this have had problems with the Golf18 Network and there is an open issue, please PM me via this forum and we can work to fix the issue.

Happy golfing!

Gabe W.

I've used golf now once.Β  When I took it to the clubhouse for the course I usually go to you'd think the document came straight off of a space ship.Β  They had no idea they were on golf now.Β  Thankfully they let me and my friends play after some negotiating.Β  They are no longer on golf now.

I've been using golf18 network here in Ohio. After I booked a couple of tee times I grabbed one of their specials, I thought I was booking the tee time and would pay at the club, but they charged my credit card, no refund or exchange unless the club is closed....the small print said. this was for a single, had to commit and was paired up with a threesome. A father and his two sons...I think maybe they wanted some family time..possibly? They were great and I had a great time but I felt as though I was thrown into the grab bag. So beware of online purveyors shooting great golf deals your way...

I use Golfnow.com all the time.Β  Most of my rounds are booked through the site.Β  Some local courses choose NOT to use this site and offer discounted tee times so for the most part, I don't play them.

Everybody wants a good deal.Β  Golfnow provides it.

What can be better?Β  It should look at the courses I've already booked and recommend courses of similar quality and value.Β  "Did you try THIS course?"Β  Secondly, some courses actually put HIGHER rates on Golfnow than you can find at their website.Β  Maybe they can fool some people, but you have to know your local market and make an informed buying decision.

Sometimes the site can be a bit quirky when you attempt to dial in a specific date or tee time.Β  On Sundays my wife and I play.Β  My wife doesn't like to play before noon or after 2pm.Β  We play 18 and have a nice dinner afterwards.Β  Anything after 2pm puts us back home after 8.Β  Noon -1pm is perfect so the ability to dial in day and time to play should be easier at a site like this.

End of random Golfnow.com thoughts.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play regularly at one course every Saturday, but one of buddies & I buy discount coupons from sites like golfnow.com for other local courses.Β  We'll use them on Sundays...usually pay $15-20 for $30-50 course rates. and often we get a sleeve of balls, a free lunch or 2 for 1 beers.

I have used GolfNow several times and found it to be easy to use, cheap and effective. I must admit I am always worried that it will not be honored when I get there! Never happened though.

I would encourage people to call the course after you see a tee time you might be interested in

just to see if it is the same rate. If so, avoid the processing fee and just set up a tee time direct.

I would encourage people to call the course after you see a tee time you might be interested in just to see if it is the same rate. If so, avoid the processing fee and just set up a tee time direct.

After a few bookings on Golfnow, there are no processing fees. Plus the more you book, the more rewards you get, including discounted and free rounds.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Just booked my first ever online tee-time because of this thread. Local course is $28 on the weekends and I booked it for $9 (albeit at 11 AM, which is a bit of a stinker, but its worth it for 1/3 the cost.)

I also use ez links.com . They have a couple different options . You can buy a tee time for a discount price or you can make an offer. I have played for as little as $10, when using the make an offer option . That is $10 for 18 holes with cart.

• 1 month later...

I live near a very uncrowded course where getting a tee time is never a problem as long Β as I stay away from first thing in the morning, or league events, but if I book a tee time on-line, there are significant savings, Β so I do it. Basically, they pay me to book on-line. Not sure what the economics of that are for the course, maybe it is a way to allow regulars who know about it to play cheaper? This is a summer resort area and many of the players come from Canada and are on vacation. I guess they just show up and pay full price.

I've got to be a platinum club member of golfnow.com - I betΒ they know me on a first name basis.Β Β Β Β Β Β  I'm a total golf bottom feeder - playing good golf courses on the cheap makes it all so much more enjoyable (I played a decent NJ course that usually costs $45 for $11 yesterday) ... I wouldn't play nearly as much as I do if it weren't for golfnow.Β Β  Big fan ....

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by inthehole

I've got to be a platinum club member of golfnow.com - I betΒ they know me on a first name basis.Β Β Β Β Β Β  I'm a total golf bottom feeder - playing good golf courses on the cheap makes it all so much more enjoyable (I played a decent NJ course that usually costs $45 for $11 yesterday) ... I wouldn't play nearly as much as I do if it weren't for golfnow.Β Β  Big fan ....

If you don't know already, GolfNow tracks the top bookers in each area.Β  They hold a customer appreciation outing at the end of the year for the top 16 in each area.Β  Free golf, food/drink, goodies for them and a buddy.....pretty cool.Β  You can see where you stand and compare to others in the area by looking at the "leaderboard".Β  If you book/play a 4-some, it will count 4 rounds....

Here's the Orlando area leaderboard.Β  That david353 guy clearly plays too much golf.........then again, he spends to damn much time on TST too!

Player Leaderboard

POSITION PLAYER LAST COURSE PLAYED TOTAL ROUNDS PLAYED YTD
1 ron17bon Sherman Hills Golf Club 354
2 aahyman Monarch at Royal Highlands 343
3 david353 Eagle Dunes Golf Club 342
4 000004756369 Chapel Hill Golf Course 226
5 daleya Rock Springs Ridge Golf Club 223

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If you don't know already, GolfNow tracks the top bookers in each area.Β  They hold a customer appreciation outing at the end of the year for the top 16 in each area.Β  Free golf, food/drink, goodies for them and a buddy.....pretty cool.Β  You can see where you stand and compare to others in the area by looking at the "leaderboard".Β  If you book/play a 4-some, it will count 4 rounds.... Here's the Orlando area leaderboard.Β  That david353 guy clearly plays too much golf.........then again, he spends to damn much time on TST too! a3_biggrin.gif

Player Leaderboard

[TR] [TH]Β [/TH] [TH]PLAYER[/TH] [TH]LAST COURSE PLAYED[/TH] [TH]TOTAL ROUNDS PLAYED YTD[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Β [/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]ron17bon[/TD] [TD]Sherman Hills Golf Club[/TD] [TD]354[/TD] [/TR] [TD]Β [/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]aahyman[/TD] [TD]Monarch at Royal Highlands[/TD] [TD]343[/TD] [TR] [TD]Β [/TD] [TD] [COLOR=0000CD]3[/COLOR] [/TD] [TD] [COLOR=0000CD]david353[/COLOR] [/TD] [TD] [COLOR=0000CD]Eagle Dunes Golf Club[/COLOR] [/TD] [TD] [COLOR=0000CD]342[/COLOR] [/TD] [/TR] [TD]Β [/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]000004756369[/TD] [TD]Chapel Hill Golf Course[/TD] [TD]226[/TD] [TR] [TD]Β [/TD] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]daleya[/TD] [TD]Rock Springs Ridge Golf Club[/TD] [TD]223[/TD] [/TR]
POSITION

How in the hell did you let two guys get in front of you? Slacker :-D

my get up and go musta got up and went..

How in the hell did you let two guys get in front of you? Slacker :-D

The year's not over yet! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note:Β This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!