IGNORED

Rotary Swing Golf

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Infinitely more and better content than you'll find on any one hour dvd or outrageously generic magazine tip. The internet is a better way to disseminate info. $20 a month for two swing reviews and a crazy amount of content is not a bad deal (A dvd with the exact same "you come over the top and slice everything" assumption costs the same). Someone taking a scientific or quasi-scientific approach is good. I have been very impressed with the content of the site. I'm the kind of guy who geeks out on trackman numbers. The site does a good job firming up concepts like hip stabilization that are slightly at odds with some traditional instruction, but then again we now KNOW club face is predominantly responsible for where the ball starts. If the previous statement is shocking to you, start youtubing trackman and prepare to waste the next three days of your life. It shocks me how many people haven't accepted moder ball flight laws that are legitimately not debatable. Might as well claim the earth is flat

Thanks for joining and sharing your thoughts.

There's a good bit of information on this site (for free no less!). Check out the Swing Thoughts and this thread: .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agree it can be tough, that's why we call it being a "stupid monkey", you just have to put on the blinders and focus on making that priority piece better. I've found, myself and other golfers, you'll see improvement even if it's not "perfect", just make it better.

Strive for progress not perfection.. ô-ô

• 6 months later...
I felt the same thing about evolvr (lost). I've read the S&T; books, watched the DVDs and they are teaching S&T;, push draw and all. No thanks I'll play the fade... Does plagiarism apply to a golf swing? Used to hit my 7 iron about 150 give or take... Now I don't get much over 100 yards and have a case of the shanks. I'll sort it out with lessons in person, not trusting the online thing again. Evolvr.... So who was even talking to me, check this and check that, and do this and that. Waste of time and money. The swing is simple. Make it such your body knows what to do. Relax, to many check points, everyone is different. For those of you on this site who praise evolvr... Have your results lasted, have you gained? Lost?

I felt the same thing about evolvr (lost). I've read the S&T; books, watched the DVDs and they are teaching S&T;, push draw and all. No thanks I'll play the fade... Does plagiarism apply to a golf swing? Used to hit my 7 iron about 150 give or take... Now I don't get much over 100 yards and have a case of the shanks. I'll sort it out with lessons in person, not trusting the online thing again. Evolvr.... So who was even talking to me, check this and check that, and do this and that. Waste of time and money. The swing is simple. Make it such your body knows what to do. Relax, to many check points, everyone is different. For those of you on this site who praise evolvr... Have your results lasted, have you gained? Lost?

I think you are being a little unfair with the guys at evolvr. I have improved from shooting in the 140 to shooting under 120.. I even had a round of 94 which would not have been imaginable for me before starting with Evolvr. In terms of my swing mechanics, I think it looks a lot better than before and you might even mistake my swing to someone who shoots in the 80s even. One thing evolvr guys can't help you with is timing.. Because in the end there is a timing element to the swing, and mine is off and this only comes with time and practice.. So, I trust that eventually my rate of improvement with evolvr will be much better than if alone.. Basically, I think to get to the level of play I want to get to will take me a long time to get to, however it will last for a much longer time because I'm not seeking a quick fix, but rather a fundamental change in how I swing.. Take a look at my swing thread and just look at my swing when I first started posting and my last few swings.. If you don't see a difference then your just not being objective. The other thing is what does your comments have anything to do with rotary swings anyway? I think a mod should move these posts to a what do you think about evolvr thread. Good luck with what ever you do, but stay objective you'll have an appreciating for things to a much greater extent in my opinion!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I felt the same thing about evolvr (lost). I've read the S&T; books, watched the DVDs and they are teaching S&T;, push draw and all. No thanks I'll play the fade... Does plagiarism apply to a golf swing? Used to hit my 7 iron about 150 give or take... Now I don't get much over 100 yards and have a case of the shanks. I'll sort it out with lessons in person, not trusting the online thing again. Evolvr.... So who was even talking to me, check this and check that, and do this and that. Waste of time and money.

The swing is simple. Make it such your body knows what to do. Relax, to many check points, everyone is different. For those of you on this site who praise evolvr... Have your results lasted, have you gained? Lost?

I think its a case of "horses for courses". I tried S&T; and i couldnt get the hang of it. I still have the book as there are lots of things in there that are relevant to most swings (i have the Timeless swing by Tom Watson for this same reason). No single form of golf instruction is going to work for everyone and i dont belive the guys at Evolvr or this forum would even claim that. Myself for example, after S&T; i went back to my old mish mash of a swing until the start of this year when is switched to Single axis and have never hit the ball better. Will it work for everyone? probably not but thats like any swing method.

I have never tried Evolvr but use the 5SK assistance from here and that has helped a treat.

With online instruction i think its down to the sort of learner a person is. I need things explained as simple as possible so online isnt great, however a lot of people prefer the home learning approach.

Like i say, horses for courses

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Your totally right. I'm not here to bash the system as my post appears to do. I'm frustrated, but still willing to work out the issues I'm having, as it will make me better. Your totally right, I take some, and leave some. I do feel I lost with the instruction, so in that sense it's not for me (evolvr). Please don't mistake that for me hating. I do though believe in individuality and not everyone is going to be fitted perfectly to a specific system. But as you said use this and use that and make that your game. Use what works for you and forget what doesn't. Thanks for your insight..

• Administrator
@tln2001 , what is your Evolvr username? Curious first two posts. And off topic for this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some videos of the page Rotary Swing, and the first impression is quite good. It´s all well organised and the videos (al least the free ones) are great... I´m at a point that I´m finding a lot of information, but don´t know exactly what to choose.. It seems like you have to have to marry with one method and trust it the rest of your days... Golf is Hard.

:nike:

I saw some videos of the page Rotary Swing, and the first impression is quite good. It´s all well organised and the videos (al least the free ones) are great... I´m at a point that I´m finding a lot of information, but don´t know exactly what to choose.. It seems like you have to have to marry with one method and trust it the rest of your days... Golf is Hard.

So don't learn a method. Learn what makes a good swing and be free of the cookie cutter dogma.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I like guys that provide free drill videos

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php

This is fantastic. I´m gonna practice all of these stuff! I´m going to improve-

:nike:

I felt the same thing about evolvr (lost). I've read the S&T; books, watched the DVDs and they are teaching S&T;, push draw and all. No thanks I'll play the fade... Does plagiarism apply to a golf swing? Used to hit my 7 iron about 150 give or take... Now I don't get much over 100 yards and have a case of the shanks. I'll sort it out with lessons in person, not trusting the online thing again. Evolvr.... So who was even talking to me, check this and check that, and do this and that. Waste of time and money.

The swing is simple. Make it such your body knows what to do. Relax, to many check points, everyone is different. For those of you on this site who praise evolvr... Have your results lasted, have you gained? Lost?

I think you're correct that it may not be for everyone...But what is? I've bounced back and forth from different teachers and different "methods" (i.e. Golfing Machine, S&T;, Jim Hardy's one plane swing, and just your typical PGA pro). My experience is that the 5SKs is the most practical approach to the swing because even with the bouncing around, I can apply it to all those approaches.. It's funny that you mention all the check points because one of the things my evolvr instructor is emphasizing is NOT to worry about check points. i guess the teacher just tells you what you need at the time. It's not cookie cutter, which is what I like. With that said, I asked my instructor to help me have a more Stack and Tilt swing, and that was fine with him and what we're working on. For myself, the results have lasted and, it's taken a lot of work, but I'm starting to "relax" my swing (as you say) and am feeling more natural.

But best of luck on your quest! You might end up like me and drift back here over to evolvr when you realize it's actually less cookie cutter then other approaches.... ;-)

• Upvote 1

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

It seems to me that one of the things these different methods have in common is a centered swing. This has helped me and most pros I see on TV do this. Just my two cents worth.

I used Rotary Swing last summer. The most enlightening thing about that was that I had to video tape my swing. That sure cured a lot of self-delusions that I had. I'm casting and I think that is the cause of my chicken wing follow through. I'm usually hitting the ball straight enough to have fun though. If you have big swing faults the site would probably help you. If you are a single digit handicapper with a firm idea in your head of how to swing a club then it will probably just mess with your head.

I'll have to check out that 5SK site.

• 2 months later...

I was a member for a few months last year but quit when I watched the throwing the ball drill.  They want me square shoulders and straight right arm at impact.  Can't find any pictures of anybody doing that so RST had to go.  I'm not a fan.  Spend your money on a good video camera and swing radar.  Best money I've ever spent.  Film when you're hitting well and save that in a vault.  So when you go tinkering you can get back to something you can play.  Now I have to decide if I want to deconstruct my swing where my hips keep turning and removing the hip stall.  (which RST promotes).

Just an update... I've been seeing a club pro in person and must say, after the first lesson he had found my issue for inconsistent strikes. I worked on it for two weeks and went back for more. He gave some more input and I worked on it until it felt natural. I go twice a month now, expensive... Yes, but so are clubs! I'm hitting the ball really well right now. My point is this! Spend the money the video thing will not work because there are small details missed with this instruction. Have a pro put his eyes on you, and you can get back to enjoying the game. I haven't felt better hitting the ball, no more mental thoughts as I swing. It's beautiful, I love this game. I'm addicted as I'm sure you all are... Can't put into words how happy and confident I'm playing.. Best of luck to you all...

Rotary swing isn't bad. It's not the magic bullet they would like you to think it is though. I like some of the takeaway videos, 9 to 3 drill. Maybe it's just me, but it had me swinging too much across and slicing the ball badly. I think I do subconsciously keep some op the tips in my mind when I play though. PS. you can watch all the premium videos for free with a private browser... Lol

Rotary swing isn't bad. It's not the magic bullet they would like you to think it is though. I like some of the takeaway videos, 9 to 3 drill. Maybe it's just me, but it had me swinging too much across and slicing the ball badly. I think I do subconsciously keep some op the tips in my mind when I play though.

PS. you can watch all the premium videos for free with a private browser... Lol

You can watch all the 5sk premium videos for free anytime you want, with any browser. You can even ask questions and get answers direct from the Pros who teach it, also free.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Spend the money the video thing will not work because there are small details missed with this instruction. Have a pro put his eyes on you, and you can get back to enjoying the game.

I think it depends on the pro. No question that there is an advantage to in-person instruction - but with the right pro. I've had many in-person lessons and didn't improve at all. I've been using Evolvr for just a few months and have had a 4+ point drop in handicap so far.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Note: This thread is 1943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!