IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

Note: This thread is 2919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

Originally Posted by BlizzardMan23

I use an Odyssey White Hot #2 Center-Shafted 35". Great feel and have always putted good with it.

I'm currently playing this one only as a belly putter 43". I fight playing a belly putter, but I do seem to be more consistent with one.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back to this after straying for a couple rounds.  I've never putted better with any other putter.  It's a Wilson Patty Berg "Cup Defender" blade putter.  Yep-50 something year old ladies' putter, with a short 33" extra narrow shaft, and a round grip.  I've never lag putted as well, and my 4-6 foot putt make percentage is much higher than it's ever been.  Considering selling my Cameron, just because it's sitting in the closet collecting dust.

8034.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Switched to an Odyssey white hot XG #9 last season but wasn't that happy with a heel shaft as I thought I would be (kept pushing my puts). Loved the soft face though, so this season I'm putting with an Odyssey white steel 2-ball center shaft putter and couldn't be happier. Really like the balls as alignment aid (apparently more people than me like them =)), and the steel insert makes the putts come out slightly hotter (which I prefer) than the white hot, while still maintaining the butter soft feel. Putting average has dropped from 36 to 32 so far this season!

Recently started putting with TM Corza Ghost long putter, which I use as a belly. It's 48", 440g and heel shafted so I could adjust it a bit flatter -- although those big, fat shafts are a biotch to bend. Never been much of an insert fan, but the feel (such as it is with such a heavy head) is quite pleasant.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Used a Ping iWi Anser for ages but have always been inconsistent. Recently tried out a center shafted, face-balanced putter and it suits my eye a LOT more (Ping iN Half Wack-E)

Currently a Nike Blue Chip "OZ" Mallet putter. It's alright, nothing too special. Looking to upgrade this fall. Currently looking at the SC Kombi, TM Ghost Spider, or the NC Perfecto.

Rossa Daytona Ghost love the white I find it very calming very easy to line up, ball rolls well no real cons other than I have a very minor issue with the way the shaft meets the club face

Depends - either a Ping iWi Anser or a TM Rossa Monte Carlo. Anser style is my favorite, but the half mallet is a nice enough look - not huge and chunky - and the TM insert feels decent. Both are 34".

Note: This thread is 2919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.