IGNORED

Tiger and Williams to part ways?

Sing Golfer
Note: This thread is 4651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congratulations on watching every minute of every tournament when Tiger's playing and being an expert on his caddy.  I literally can't think of a less interesting thing to be interested in.  Who cares about his caddy?  It's right up there with "who throws a shoe?"

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Don't know what you're talking about. The only thing you might be seeing is the dullness because he hasn't been playing very well. I watch every minute of every golf tournament he plays in, and their relationship hasn't gone a bit stale at all. They communicate as good as ever and are still really good friends, as Tiger said just a few months ago on Jimmy Fallon.

Congratulations on watching every minute of every tournament when Tiger's playing and being an expert on his caddy.  I literally can't think of a less interesting thing to be interested in.  Who cares about his caddy?  It's right up there with "who throws a shoe?"

I think you have it screwed up there. I don't watch all of Tiger's tournaments because I care about his CADDY, I watch them to watch Tiger. Seeing the relationship between Tiger and Stevie is just something that comes along with that. And I'll guarantee you it's not stale. It's definitely been dull because Tiger hasn't won in so long, but not stale.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Ahh the arrogance and ego's of an internet forum.

Originally Posted by shades9323

For having him blocked, you sure do respond to a lot of his posts...

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Haven't this rumor came by frequently in the past too? Like someone else said, I'll believe it when I see it. I understand Williams working with other players during Tiger's absence, it's his job after all. But I don't see them splitting up.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations on watching every minute of every tournament when Tiger's playing and being an expert on his caddy.  I literally can't think of a less interesting thing to be interested in. Who cares about his caddy?  It's right up there with "who throws a shoe?"

Pffft. What about all those guys who compulsively watch every minute of every tournament Ben Crane plays? Those guys are ready to claw their own eyes out.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Good point.  There are far worse choices than Tiger.

Originally Posted by jamo

Pffft. What about all those guys who compulsively watch every minute of every tournament Ben Crane plays? Those guys are ready to claw their own eyes out.

Do you really think I meant that you watch every tournament to see his caddy?  Do I have to put in italics or something to specify sarcasm?

I think you have it screwed up there. I don't watch all of Tiger's tournaments because I care about his CADDY, I watch them to watch Tiger. Seeing the relationship between Tiger and Stevie is just something that comes along with that. And I'll guarantee you it's not stale. It's definitely been dull because Tiger hasn't won in so long, but not stale.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Haven't this rumor came by frequently in the past too? Like someone else said, I'll believe it when I see it. I understand Williams working with other players during Tiger's absence, it's his job after all. But I don't see them splitting up.

Why not? Are they married or something? Like you've just said, it's a job.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Why not? Are they married or something? Like you've just said, it's a job.

Not saying it's not possible, just saying I don't take rumors about Tiger all that serious.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

not a rumour any more.

Driver: Nakashima 10.5 degree
3 Wood: 15 degree F2
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree
Irons: MP-58, 4-9 iron
Wedges: Vokey sm 47.06, 53.08, 58.08Putter: studio select 2.5Ball: Pro Vx : Warren Golf Club 73.6 : 146

Yeah i was surprised he gave steve the arse. He hasn't announced a replacement either.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by Sing Golfer

Some talk that Tiger and Stevie will be parting ways. Expected to be announced soon.

Rumors are true according to Tigers website, They still remain friends, Tiger wished Stevie well in the future and thanked him for all his help.

A lot of negative press out there already making up stories about this split.

Originally Posted by Callahan14

Rumors are true according to Tigers website, They still remain friends, Tiger wished Stevie well in the future and thanked him for all his help.

A lot of negative press out there already making up stories about this split.

That's what Tiger SAID, but they sure don't sound like good friends anymore. Stevie is very upset and angry, and Tiger told him he had been disloyal by caddying for Adam Scott. Stevie said he lost respect from Tiger and that Tiger needs to earn that back.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

That's what Tiger SAID, but they sure don't sound like good friends anymore. Stevie is very upset and angry, and Tiger told him he had been disloyal by caddying for Adam Scott. Stevie said he lost respect from Tiger and that Tiger needs to earn that back.

Sounds like these guys need to grow up to me, If these statements are true. Sounds to me like Stevie is just trying to bash Tiger publicly for getting himself fired.

Use this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/51630/confirmed-tiger-and-stevie-split

Use this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/51630/confirmed-tiger-and-stevie-split

To be honest, that other thread should have been merged into this one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

To be honest, that other thread should have been merged into this one.

i agree! i posted this days before there was anything announcements. give the sandtrap crew the inside word and what do you get, merged in with a press release...

Driver: Nakashima 10.5 degree
3 Wood: 15 degree F2
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree
Irons: MP-58, 4-9 iron
Wedges: Vokey sm 47.06, 53.08, 58.08Putter: studio select 2.5Ball: Pro Vx : Warren Golf Club 73.6 : 146

Note: This thread is 4651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!