IGNORED

Srixon Q-STAR ball

Note: This thread is 3646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jwalker497

Sp the difference is the Q is a little longer?  How about driver spin?

The Q-Star is 5-10 yds longer off the driver. Driver Spin? It would only be a guess, my ball flight off the driver is straight, to a little draw. I hit both about equally as accurate, so I would guess the driver spin was about the same. Keep in mind I've only played one round with the Q-Star and I played through a dozen RXS's, so I'll have a much better comparison after a couple more rounds, but if your like me, after a few holes you know if you like a ball or not. The Q-Star is a keeper.

fiqured I would give the q stars a try after hearing some positive feedback, had a dicks reward coupon for 10 bucks off so it was an easy decision for me.

Originally Posted by sportsnut

fiqured I would give the q stars a try after hearing some positive feedback, had a dicks reward coupon for 10 bucks off so it was an easy decision for me.

Nice hope you enjoy them. I just added a few to my purchase from ************** cant't wait to test them out.

Bought a couple dozen of these last night.

Can't wait to try them.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Tonight I played the q star for the first time.  I par'ed  the first four holes and was three over through eight when the skys opened up and finished 5 over par. (9 holes) I think I love these balls.  I tend to draw the ball and these drew a little more than normal.  The balls hit into the greens hit and checked immediatly but the greens  were wet so that could have been the conditions as well.  Very nice ball.

Stephen T.

I tried the Q-Star's out yesterday.  Absolutely love them.  They are straight and long off the tee.  I had a 10+ yard gain off the tee.  Great spin off of short iron shots.  All stoped within 1 foot of where the ball hit with full shots.  They also feel awesome with the putter, soft and true.  I will have to cut one of these open just to make sure it really is a 2-piece ball, HA!!

This year I have tried out numerous balls: Titleist Pro V1, TM Penta, Bridgestone B330S, Callaway Tour i(x), and now these.  Even though they don't get quite as much spin as the others, at $25/dozen these are going in the bag for good.  I can't wait to see what the other golf ball companies come out with to try and top these for the price.

Originally Posted by funkyfred72

I tried the Q-Star's out yesterday.  Absolutely love them.  They are straight and long off the tee.  I had a 10+ yard gain off the tee.  Great spin off of short iron shots.  All stoped within 1 foot of where the ball hit with full shots.  They also feel awesome with the putter, soft and true.  I will have to cut one of these open just to make sure it really is a 2-piece ball, HA!!

This year I have tried out numerous balls: Titleist Pro V1, TM Penta, Bridgestone B330S, Callaway Tour i(x), and now these.  Even though they don't get quite as much spin as the others, at $25/dozen these are going in the bag for good.  I can't wait to see what the other golf ball companies come out with to try and top these for the price.

I agree 100%. I played my second round with them Tuesday and like them even more now. I had a 190yd second shot to an elevated green and used my hybrid and hit it a little thin. The shot was low, but straight and I figured it might be on the back or just over. The ball stopped about 5 feet from the ball mark in the center of the green.

Picked some up for a scramble tomorrow.   Can't wait to try it out.  To be honest I don't know if I would have even tried it had it not been offered in tour yellow.  I am sold on yellow ever since trying a yellow e6 and Trispeed Tour.  The e6's just don't do anything for me as far as approach spin.  The Trispeeds were better but I really don't want to pay $35 for a dozen balls.

This seems to be a great compromise of performance and price, now let's see how they perform on the course.

Oh and I saw on another forum where somebody asked if Srixon planned to replace anything with the Q-Star.  I asked the guy at my local shop if he knew anything and he said their rep told them that Srixon is using it to replace the AD-333.

That it was designed to be just as long and straight off the tee as the AD-333 but with increased green-side spin and a softer feel.  He said if it lives up to their hype they have a winner on their hands at that price point.  I agree.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

• 2 weeks later...

Are these things legal?

I picked up a couple boxes of the yellow one after seeing the excitement on here about them.

I have never seen a ball fly this straight off of the driver. Hit 13/14 fairways yesterday and the one i missed was by inches. My normal misses are left but everything was right down the middle. It would have been my round of a lifetime if it wasnt for a couple of par 3s that dont get along with me.

I'm not going to say it plays like a Pro V off of the putter but this ball is definitely replacing the Pro V1x in my bag.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Picked up a dozen during the week based on the rave reviews and have played a couple of rounds with the Q-Stars, Here are my thoughts.

Distance - Marginally longer than an E6 for me. Maybe about 5 meters or so

Spin - Between an E6 and an E5. Got a couple to stop on a dime and a few released forward a foot or so.

Durability - Very good, After 18 holes cleaned up good as new. Even after hitting a gravel path from about 140 meters

"Straightness" - Maybe a touch more side spin than an E6 but it would be a close thing

Putting - Nothing really noteable.... either way, fine really

Looking forward to seeing how it plays as the weather warms up and the greens get firmer.... Will most likely replace the E6 as my winter ball but so far the lack of spin compared to E5/RX means it may not see as much time in the bag as the affore mentioned balls...

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

I played this ball for the first time this weekend and wanted to offer my 2 cents...

I'm normally a very loyal Pro V1 player, so I'll take it from there....

The ball is incredibly cheap.  24.99 is unbelievable!

The ball is incredibly resilient.  I played the ball until hole 16, (when I 3 putted and donated the ball to the water)  -  Ball showed very little wear, looked almost new.  I think the ball would look and perform fine with 27 holes under its belt.

Ball flight was good.  Distance was slightly less, spin was considerably less.  Ball has a soft feel around green but still delivered a solid feel on putts.

I'm going to continue playing this ball, especially as the fall season approaches and more balls are donated to the course!

RBZ 9.5 Stiff

R11 14.0 Stiff

Superfast 18.0 3 hybrid Stiff

MP-52 4-PW - Stiff, full cord Golf Pride grips

Studio Select, Newport 2.5

ProV1x #5-8

See post #29 above.

Yes it's replacing the AD333 according to Srixon reps however they improved the short game spin and feel.

Originally Posted by bcgolf

Isn't this Q-STAR ball roughly the same as the AD333 ?  (Albeit with a different name tag and upgraded price)

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

• Administrator

I played it today to see if it might be a "cheap alternative ball" for a better player.

I think there are better balls out there for this role. While the ball played well off the tee, the short game shots didn't behave quite as well as some of the other $2 balls out there. Don't get me wrong - it was close - it just wasn't quite where I wanted it or needed it.

I used the Yellow ones.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I think there are better balls out there for this role. While the ball played well off the tee, the short game shots didn't behave quite as well as some of the other $2 balls out there. Don't get me wrong - it was close - it just wasn't quite where I wanted it or needed it.

What are the better balls out there.  I am a Srixon fan, but open to a change.

Note: This thread is 3646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!