IGNORED

My Swing (Meesh)

Meesh
Note: This thread is 4265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

decided to put my swings up to see what you guys think. I have been doing work with Dana dahlquist online and my swing has improved alot. Strugling with my irons lately been hitting alot of hooks and pull hooks. These videos are from Aug23 so my swing has change a bit lately. Anyways let me know what you think

Your swing is awesome and Dana is one of the best instructors out there. Can definitely see that you have no problems drawing the ball (hips going forward well--clubface approaching from the inside). Your grip is on the strong side (your right hand "V" points at the outside of your right shoulder)--this may result in a pull draw if you address the ball with a slightly closed face. Your strong right hand grip is combined with a slightly cupped left wrist at address (closed attachment)--Your cupped left wrist at address flattens in the backswing...thus as you approach the ball with the now flat left wrist, the clubface has closed relative to address. You stand up quickly going into impact, thus, your club handle is higher at impact relative to address (promotes clubface closing) You are in good hands with Dana, but my advice would be to first try weakening your grip slightly and opening your clubface a bit more at address. As far as the early stand up move--try swinging your left arm down across your chest faster.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 4 months later...

Since there’s a thread about very high ball flight I decided to put this one up because I have the opposite problem I can’t hit long clubs in the air. I’ve had this problem ever since I started golfing anything under a 6 iron I can’t get in the air. What would be the cause of this: closed clubface?, Delofting it too much? I’m really not sure what the cause of this is but its frustrating that I can’t hit a long iron in the air.

Thanks.

brosef, join the FRICKIN' CLUB!!!. my guess is becasue based on your avatar, you have an inside shallow backswing like me. do you hit right to left, or push fade. I struggle with a hook because opf my backswing like yours. it's not steep enough like mine to hit it high

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

[FONT=arial][SIZE=10pt]Since there’s a thread about very high ball flight I decided to put this one up because I have the opposite problem I can’t hit long clubs in the air. I’ve [/SIZE][/FONT] had this problem ever since I started golfing anything under a 6 iron I can’t get in the air. What would be the cause of this: closed clubface?, Delofting it too much? I’m really not sure what the cause of this is but its frustrating that I can’t hit a long iron in the air. Thanks.

And you're a 4 handicap? Do you have a video of your swing?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My high-handicapper guess? Not enough club head speed.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Its difficult to say without seeing a video of your swing.  You could be closing the clubface, delofting the club or just not swinging fast enough.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

Based on those videos, your definition of "low" seems to be at odds with mine.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Based on those videos, your definition of "low" seems to be at odds with mine.

maybe my swing with long irons is different because I really struggle with hitting them high.

Actually the ball doesn't look to low. It might be the equipment, but the swing looks solid

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Swings looks really nice, great job.  Just a few set-up adjustments I'd recommend.  The pic on the right is Troy Matteson, guy that hits his long irons very high, handle more forward helps, more positive loft

Meesh A1.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mvmac

guy that hits his long irons very high, handle more forward helps, more positive loft

What Mike is saying is that the handle more forward lets you aim the clubface more to the right. Pulls go lower than pushes, and push-draws go higher than pull-fades. Obviously with all else equal the more shaft lean you have the lower the ball flight will be, but again, that's "all else equal."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What the two guys above said... I had the same issue. It's been gone the last couple of times on the range.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It'll be back. You know how it goes. Find something. Lose something. Find something else. Lose something else.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I tend to hit a pretty low ball too especially with the driver.  At fittings I've struggled to get my launch angle up to 10 degrees.  My gear has been fitted to my swing so it helps me as much as going through a limited fitting like that can.  Overall my low trajectory isn't on my list for things to fix/worry about because it's not what's holding me back.  It's funny I'll hit that low screamer with my driver that maybe gets twenty feet in the air at it's apex and walk off the tee thinking my shot wasn't that good but I'll be the longest guy off the box (and I play with guys who are better than me).  That low ball of mine really rolls out.  It's not a swing speed issue either because last Fall I did the Bridgestone ball fitting thingy and it clocked my swing speed consistently between 108-110mph with my driver.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

dude, nice swing.  Along with mvmac's tip i think there is one more thing to check.

I know the feeling of looking at a long iron and not being comfortable with the smaller degree of loft.  Because of that feeling, some people will move the ball too far forward (compared to a more lofted iron) and try to sweep it too much to get it into the air.  You are hitting a 7 iron in your video and not a long iron so this is just a guess but i have seen a lot of people, including myself, make that mistake.  That could lead to a few other problems (flipping, hanging back,etc) and could lead to poor ball contact (chunks,thins, etc.) along with too low or to high of a ball flight depending on the golfer and the swing.

If that is the case, just hit your long irons the same way you hit your 7 iron.  The correct ball position will put you in a better position to hit a push draw instead of a pull fade...just like what iacas and mvmac were talking about with the setup adjustments.

Note: This thread is 4265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!