IGNORED

When is your final round of the year?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not yet, I plan to play at least once more. If the last two years are any indication, I may get snowed out before Dec. 31st, but technically the potential to play almost year-round exists, so maybe I'll get lucky and be out there between Christmas and New Year's. I think my last round will be mid Dec, depending on schedule and weather. But between those two, I think I only have one round left, two if I'm lucky.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Played today, and have a tee time for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a couple more rounds in, but its getting cold. Was about 40* today with 15-20mph winds. Supposed to be about the same tomorrow.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Monday. 11-28.

39 degrees but the sun was out and the wind was bearable. Temp greens were starting to appear and forecast isn't good. Likely the last round of the year.  Hoping for a short winter and an early spring.

Local HDCP system won't let you post scores after Oct. 31, so I'm pretty well done until March.

I'll hit some balls or maybe play nine on a warm day, but other than that it's get the clubs regripped, and frequent the gym to get into shape.

One extra factor we have: If temperature goes below freezing at night, greenskeepers normally have you wait until the frost melts off before you can play. Otherwise, iron shots will shatter the frozen grass and leave a gouge.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta be today for me. Dec 19 in west burbs of Chicago. Drinking coffee and reading about how the Bears (football)  suck when my wife remarked it was 47F outside, Walking the course in the sunshine 30 minutes later. 40/54. Some good shots to remember.

No Snow-Golf

Snow-No Golf

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Was hoping for some of the snow on the ground to melt here, but I think it'll be there for awhile here in Utah. Played in early Dec last, shot a 87 in 35* weather. Amazing how high the ball bounces on approach shots in that cold, seemed like I was hitting the ball into concrete or something.

We are lucky this year in central NY.  By this time last year, I think we had 70" of snow.  I went yesterday and maybe can go out today.  Cold and rainy...but no snow.  The only thing that's getting on my nerves a little is the constant wet,squishy fairways.  Except for a short stretch around August, it's pretty much been a squishy year.  While walking off the course yesterday, I thought I was taking a dry route to the club house but hit a stretch where the turf was so wet that it overflowed the top of my shoes.  Wet, cold feet on a golf course is still better than snow.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

One advantage shotgunning has to golf. shot all year long without traveling or living in a warm climate. But I still hope to make it out one last time before they close all the courses till spring.

Just played it yesterday. Short irons were good, driving was crappy, wedges were crappy. I just got lazy and overly relaxed. My right wrist and arm were doing all manner of unholy things. Hoping next year is better.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Mine is going to be in about a half hour. Opened gifts from my son, called the relatives. Time to head to Winter Park CC to walk nine. Sunny 80 degrees. (Yes I feel your hate)

I actually have a tee time on December 31 at 7:34 am.  Still need a fourth!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Palm Beach National...I think we are overbooked!  Zip, I will shoot you a pm when I go to Clermont and we can play Dub's Dread.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

played Christmas eve - Apple Mountain.    Brisk, but got in a good round considering all the clothes I had to wear.     Hit the best 3w off the deck ever (my nemesis shot) & birdied their infamous par 6 hole - great way to finish the season.       I'm afraid the forecast doesn't look good going forward - winter has officially arrived.    I'm probably done locally - heading to Wolf Creek  & Rio Secco in late January ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I'll be playing tomorrow..... WED 12-28.

We take it day by day here in the midwest..........I hope this isn't my last round of 2011.  All I have to say is I'm glad I don't live in Indiana!!!!  I was driving from Ohio to Kansas City today and Indiana was getting snow-crapped on....

Better them than me!!! LOL.....no snow here and it will be sunny and 50 tomorrow.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!