IGNORED

When is your final round of the year?

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not yet, I plan to play at least once more. If the last two years are any indication, I may get snowed out before Dec. 31st, but technically the potential to play almost year-round exists, so maybe I'll get lucky and be out there between Christmas and New Year's. I think my last round will be mid Dec, depending on schedule and weather. But between those two, I think I only have one round left, two if I'm lucky.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May have been yesterday. Signed up for our "Last Chance" tournament on the 15th, but life just got busier on the weekend (8lb and 10oz of busy).

dec. 31st.

I'm just in Charlotte too... I pretty much came to post this.

Played today, and have a tee time for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a couple more rounds in, but its getting cold. Was about 40* today with 15-20mph winds. Supposed to be about the same tomorrow.

Monday. 11-28.

39 degrees but the sun was out and the wind was bearable. Temp greens were starting to appear and forecast isn't good. Likely the last round of the year.  Hoping for a short winter and an early spring.

Local HDCP system won't let you post scores after Oct. 31, so I'm pretty well done until March.

I'll hit some balls or maybe play nine on a warm day, but other than that it's get the clubs regripped, and frequent the gym to get into shape.

One extra factor we have: If temperature goes below freezing at night, greenskeepers normally have you wait until the frost melts off before you can play. Otherwise, iron shots will shatter the frozen grass and leave a gouge.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta be today for me. Dec 19 in west burbs of Chicago. Drinking coffee and reading about how the Bears (football)  suck when my wife remarked it was 47F outside, Walking the course in the sunshine 30 minutes later. 40/54. Some good shots to remember.

Was hoping for some of the snow on the ground to melt here, but I think it'll be there for awhile here in Utah. Played in early Dec last, shot a 87 in 35* weather. Amazing how high the ball bounces on approach shots in that cold, seemed like I was hitting the ball into concrete or something.

We are lucky this year in central NY.  By this time last year, I think we had 70" of snow.  I went yesterday and maybe can go out today.  Cold and rainy...but no snow.  The only thing that's getting on my nerves a little is the constant wet,squishy fairways.  Except for a short stretch around August, it's pretty much been a squishy year.  While walking off the course yesterday, I thought I was taking a dry route to the club house but hit a stretch where the turf was so wet that it overflowed the top of my shoes.  Wet, cold feet on a golf course is still better than snow.

One advantage shotgunning has to golf. shot all year long without traveling or living in a warm climate. But I still hope to make it out one last time before they close all the courses till spring.

Just played it yesterday. Short irons were good, driving was crappy, wedges were crappy. I just got lazy and overly relaxed. My right wrist and arm were doing all manner of unholy things. Hoping next year is better.

Mine is going to be in about a half hour. Opened gifts from my son, called the relatives. Time to head to Winter Park CC to walk nine. Sunny 80 degrees. (Yes I feel your hate)

played Christmas eve - Apple Mountain.    Brisk, but got in a good round considering all the clothes I had to wear.     Hit the best 3w off the deck ever (my nemesis shot) & birdied their infamous par 6 hole - great way to finish the season.       I'm afraid the forecast doesn't look good going forward - winter has officially arrived.    I'm probably done locally - heading to Wolf Creek  & Rio Secco in late January ...

I'll be playing tomorrow..... WED 12-28.

We take it day by day here in the midwest..........I hope this isn't my last round of 2011.  All I have to say is I'm glad I don't live in Indiana!!!!  I was driving from Ohio to Kansas City today and Indiana was getting snow-crapped on....

Better them than me!!! LOL.....no snow here and it will be sunny and 50 tomorrow.

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!