Bench - 4 sets, 5 reps.

Incline Dumbell Bench- 4 sets, 10 reps.

Bent over Rows - 4 sets, 8 reps.

Lat Pulldown - 4 sets, 10 reps.

Overhead press- 3 sets, 8 reps.

barbell curl - 3 sets, 10 reps

tricep rope pulldown - 4 sets, 10 reps

cable chops - 2 sets each side, 10 reps

Mirror work focusing on rotation and maintaining balance.

Kettleball swings - 3 sets till tired.

Hey Mike,

Could you explain your board? Are you working out twice a day? Whats reps/sets/weight etc.. thanks!

That's the workout posted at my kettlebell gym. All the stuff in the first workout was done with a 24kg kettlebell. We do both workouts in 45 minutes. The workouts are tabata style. For the first workout each movement was 15 seconds, so 60 seconds left arms, 60 seconds right arm without putting the bell down. And then the second part was 30 seconds each with 10 second breaks. We did that twice then moved on to workout 2 which was two 4 minutes tabatas (8 rounds each, 20 seconds on, 10 second rest) of grounded knees to elbow and air squats.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ordered my sparring gear last week for karate.  It's supposed to arrive this weekend, most likely, and should be interesting as, contrary to popular belief ( @14ledo81 :-P ) , I have never been involved in any kind of fight, sport or otherwise, with or without padding.

Gotta be honest, I'm really excited but also quite a bit nervous.  I have no earthly idea what it's like to be punched or kicked in the head (or pretty much anywhere for that matter).

Tonight's workout is going to be a regular karate class without sparring.

Ordered my sparring gear last week for karate.  It's supposed to arrive this weekend, most likely, and should be interesting as, contrary to popular belief ( @14ledo81 :-P ) , I have never been involved in any kind of fight, sport or otherwise, with or without padding. Gotta be honest, I'm really excited but also quite a bit nervous.  I have no earthly idea what it's like to be punched or kicked in the head (or pretty much anywhere for that matter).  Tonight's workout is going to be a regular karate class without sparring.

I did a little bit of boxing and mma training and it's tough but exhilarating. Getting hit in the face is... Well, the first time someone popped me in the nose with a boxing glove I almost ran home. But I'm a mega chicken about confrontation. Good luck man!

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Squats - 2 sets 10 reps, 3 sets, 5 reps with near max

Deadlift - 4 sets, 5 reps

Leg Press - 3 sets, 10 reps

Lying leg curl - 4 sets, 10 reps

Hack Squat in to calf raises - 3 sets, 5 squats into 15 calf rasies

Seated calf raise - 4 sets, 20 reps

Abs

Kettleball swings (2hand)

Goblet Squats

Medicine Ball exercise from LSW

115 thruster 3 reps

Double kb rows 10 reps

4 rounds

Bench press 135

Ring push up 10 reps

3 rounds

Front squat 115

30 reps

100 gke twist

Mike McLoughlin

I've been throwing this 15lb kettle bell out in my yard, similar to an instructor on here recommended with a medicinal ball. The idea is to get the legs more involved in the swing.

Mostly, it is just fun throwing weights though...Feels like an ancient strong man test.

Ordered my sparring gear last week for karate.  It's supposed to arrive this weekend, most likely, and should be interesting as, contrary to popular belief (@14ledo81) , I have never been involved in any kind of fight, sport or otherwise, with or without padding.

Gotta be honest, I'm really excited but also quite a bit nervous.  I have no earthly idea what it's like to be punched or kicked in the head (or pretty much anywhere for that matter).

Tonight's workout is going to be a regular karate class without sparring.

As a former boxer, I can tell you it sucks to get hit.   But I believe Karate sparring sessions are pretty lame (I meant it in a good, safe way) with protective gears and such.   I don't think you need sweat it.   BTW, you can't count Karate class as a workout.   That's almost .... cheating.

I did a real golf specific work today (like any other Monday).   It involved reps, sets, weights, pain, etc.  A real work out, whew! :-P

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

BTW, you can't count Karate class as a workout.   That's almost .... cheating.

Ha!  If you mean it doesn't count because it's too fun and not work, then I would have to agree.  If you mean that I can't count it because it's not actually working out, then I'll have to disagree.  I realize it's got A LOT to do with other factors - mainly simply ingesting many fewer calories - but I've lost over 40 pounds in the last 5 months (3 1/2 or so of them while taking Karate).

:-P

I practice Ashtanga yoga six days a week, very early in the morning.

It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”. Ram Dass

Did my HIT workout this morning.

Squat

Bench Press

Neck extension

Neck Flextion

Prone torso rotation

Super Gripper time static contraction

Doug

My wife started doing a trampoline aerobics class, decided to do that with her today. Some good cardio.

Mike McLoughlin

Went on the elliptical for 30 min, below LT HR zone.  Felt good.  Did some "whole" body lifts to incorporate stability and balance.  Still somewhat tired from yesterdays upper body workout, and range session.  Cant beat the day off work and being able to go to the gym at 9am instead of 5am :)